Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
Titled “Music of Azerbaijan Meets Los Angeles,” the concert was hosted at the historic Orpheum Theater of Los Angeles, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles told APA.
Held by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles and supported by the Nasimi District of Azerbaijan’s capital City of Baku, the concert was attended by many elected officials as well as consuls general and honorary consuls of various countries. Altogether close to 2,000 Angelenos attended the concert.
Welcoming the guests in the beginning of the program, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev spoke of the importance of music and culture in building bridges between peoples and nations. Speaking of the dedication of the concert, Aghayev informed the audience about the extraordinary life path of Heydar Aliyev and his outstanding role and tireless work in the preservation and strengthening of Azerbaijan's independent and sovereign statehood. Highlighting the many difficult challenges the National Leader faced in preserving Azerbaijan's independence and in shielding it from potential fragmentation, and how masterfully he overcame these difficulties, the Consul General said that the memory of Heydar Aliyev would always live in the hearts and minds of the Azerbaijani people. "Continuing the policies set forth by the National Leader, President Ilham Aliyev has taken many measures that have enabled Azerbaijan to undergo a tremendous transformation to become the largest political and economic power in the region and one of the most rapidly developing and modernizing countries in the world," Aghayev added.
Speaking afterwards, the Head of the Executive Authority of the Nasimi District Asif Asgarov shared his remarks about Heydar Aliyev, his comprehensive strategy for the development of Azerbaijan as an independent nation as well as the importance of enhancing people-to-people contacts between Azerbaijan and the United States through arts, music and culture.
Following the remarks, a video slide-show that was prepared by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General reflecting the life of Heydar Aliyev was shown.
Then the concert started. The program created and led by Professor Siyavush Karimi, Rector of Azerbaijan’s National Conservatory, included immortal pieces of Azerbaijani traditional and classical music, folk songs, arias, Mugham music, as well as colorful Azerbaijani national dances. The performances by some of the best musicians of Azerbaijan, including the singers Mansum Ibrahimov, Azer Zeynalov, Samir Jafarov, Aygun Zeynalova, Arzu Aliyeva, dancer Royale Aliyeva as well as the instrumentalists Elchin Hashimov (Tar), Elnur Ahmadov (Kamancha), Shirzad Fataliyev (wind instruments), Aydin Aliyev (Garmon), Elshan Gasimov (Naghara) and Nargiz Aliyeva (piano) mesmerized the audience.
Also the San Diego Ballet dancers’ performance of a famous waltz from the ‘Seven Beauties’ ballet by Azerbaijani composer Gara Garayev captivated the Angelenos.
The concert was received with much applause and standing ovations.
It should be noted that some radical Armenian lobby organizations of Los Angeles tried through various means to prevent this evening of music and culture from taking place. However seeing the blatant failure of their efforts, the lobby held a protest action in front of the Orpheum Theater on the day of the performance. The protest action was massively ignored by the attendees of the concert, resulting in another major and disgraceful fiasco of the Armenian lobby in Los Angeles.
Video excerpts from the concert can be watched here: https://youtu.be/v0ffEiwwVfU
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.09.2017Russia’s ruling party welcomes creation of ‘Moscow-Baku axis’
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president