Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
Titled “Music of Azerbaijan Meets Los Angeles,” the concert was hosted at the historic Orpheum Theater of Los Angeles, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles told APA.
Held by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles and supported by the Nasimi District of Azerbaijan’s capital City of Baku, the concert was attended by many elected officials as well as consuls general and honorary consuls of various countries. Altogether close to 2,000 Angelenos attended the concert.
Welcoming the guests in the beginning of the program, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev spoke of the importance of music and culture in building bridges between peoples and nations. Speaking of the dedication of the concert, Aghayev informed the audience about the extraordinary life path of Heydar Aliyev and his outstanding role and tireless work in the preservation and strengthening of Azerbaijan's independent and sovereign statehood. Highlighting the many difficult challenges the National Leader faced in preserving Azerbaijan's independence and in shielding it from potential fragmentation, and how masterfully he overcame these difficulties, the Consul General said that the memory of Heydar Aliyev would always live in the hearts and minds of the Azerbaijani people. "Continuing the policies set forth by the National Leader, President Ilham Aliyev has taken many measures that have enabled Azerbaijan to undergo a tremendous transformation to become the largest political and economic power in the region and one of the most rapidly developing and modernizing countries in the world," Aghayev added.
Speaking afterwards, the Head of the Executive Authority of the Nasimi District Asif Asgarov shared his remarks about Heydar Aliyev, his comprehensive strategy for the development of Azerbaijan as an independent nation as well as the importance of enhancing people-to-people contacts between Azerbaijan and the United States through arts, music and culture.
Following the remarks, a video slide-show that was prepared by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General reflecting the life of Heydar Aliyev was shown.
Then the concert started. The program created and led by Professor Siyavush Karimi, Rector of Azerbaijan’s National Conservatory, included immortal pieces of Azerbaijani traditional and classical music, folk songs, arias, Mugham music, as well as colorful Azerbaijani national dances. The performances by some of the best musicians of Azerbaijan, including the singers Mansum Ibrahimov, Azer Zeynalov, Samir Jafarov, Aygun Zeynalova, Arzu Aliyeva, dancer Royale Aliyeva as well as the instrumentalists Elchin Hashimov (Tar), Elnur Ahmadov (Kamancha), Shirzad Fataliyev (wind instruments), Aydin Aliyev (Garmon), Elshan Gasimov (Naghara) and Nargiz Aliyeva (piano) mesmerized the audience.
Also the San Diego Ballet dancers’ performance of a famous waltz from the ‘Seven Beauties’ ballet by Azerbaijani composer Gara Garayev captivated the Angelenos.
The concert was received with much applause and standing ovations.
It should be noted that some radical Armenian lobby organizations of Los Angeles tried through various means to prevent this evening of music and culture from taking place. However seeing the blatant failure of their efforts, the lobby held a protest action in front of the Orpheum Theater on the day of the performance. The protest action was massively ignored by the attendees of the concert, resulting in another major and disgraceful fiasco of the Armenian lobby in Los Angeles.
Video excerpts from the concert can be watched here: https://youtu.be/v0ffEiwwVfU
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president