Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
Titled “Music of Azerbaijan Meets Los Angeles,” the concert was hosted at the historic Orpheum Theater of Los Angeles, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles told APA.
Held by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles and supported by the Nasimi District of Azerbaijan’s capital City of Baku, the concert was attended by many elected officials as well as consuls general and honorary consuls of various countries. Altogether close to 2,000 Angelenos attended the concert.
Welcoming the guests in the beginning of the program, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev spoke of the importance of music and culture in building bridges between peoples and nations. Speaking of the dedication of the concert, Aghayev informed the audience about the extraordinary life path of Heydar Aliyev and his outstanding role and tireless work in the preservation and strengthening of Azerbaijan's independent and sovereign statehood. Highlighting the many difficult challenges the National Leader faced in preserving Azerbaijan's independence and in shielding it from potential fragmentation, and how masterfully he overcame these difficulties, the Consul General said that the memory of Heydar Aliyev would always live in the hearts and minds of the Azerbaijani people. "Continuing the policies set forth by the National Leader, President Ilham Aliyev has taken many measures that have enabled Azerbaijan to undergo a tremendous transformation to become the largest political and economic power in the region and one of the most rapidly developing and modernizing countries in the world," Aghayev added.
Speaking afterwards, the Head of the Executive Authority of the Nasimi District Asif Asgarov shared his remarks about Heydar Aliyev, his comprehensive strategy for the development of Azerbaijan as an independent nation as well as the importance of enhancing people-to-people contacts between Azerbaijan and the United States through arts, music and culture.
Following the remarks, a video slide-show that was prepared by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General reflecting the life of Heydar Aliyev was shown.
Then the concert started. The program created and led by Professor Siyavush Karimi, Rector of Azerbaijan’s National Conservatory, included immortal pieces of Azerbaijani traditional and classical music, folk songs, arias, Mugham music, as well as colorful Azerbaijani national dances. The performances by some of the best musicians of Azerbaijan, including the singers Mansum Ibrahimov, Azer Zeynalov, Samir Jafarov, Aygun Zeynalova, Arzu Aliyeva, dancer Royale Aliyeva as well as the instrumentalists Elchin Hashimov (Tar), Elnur Ahmadov (Kamancha), Shirzad Fataliyev (wind instruments), Aydin Aliyev (Garmon), Elshan Gasimov (Naghara) and Nargiz Aliyeva (piano) mesmerized the audience.
Also the San Diego Ballet dancers’ performance of a famous waltz from the ‘Seven Beauties’ ballet by Azerbaijani composer Gara Garayev captivated the Angelenos.
The concert was received with much applause and standing ovations.
It should be noted that some radical Armenian lobby organizations of Los Angeles tried through various means to prevent this evening of music and culture from taking place. However seeing the blatant failure of their efforts, the lobby held a protest action in front of the Orpheum Theater on the day of the performance. The protest action was massively ignored by the attendees of the concert, resulting in another major and disgraceful fiasco of the Armenian lobby in Los Angeles.
Video excerpts from the concert can be watched here: https://youtu.be/v0ffEiwwVfU
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers – Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani presidents kicks off
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 10.05.2017Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president