Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles
Titled “Music of Azerbaijan Meets Los Angeles,” the concert was hosted at the historic Orpheum Theater of Los Angeles, the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles told APA.
Held by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles and supported by the Nasimi District of Azerbaijan’s capital City of Baku, the concert was attended by many elected officials as well as consuls general and honorary consuls of various countries. Altogether close to 2,000 Angelenos attended the concert.
Welcoming the guests in the beginning of the program, Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev spoke of the importance of music and culture in building bridges between peoples and nations. Speaking of the dedication of the concert, Aghayev informed the audience about the extraordinary life path of Heydar Aliyev and his outstanding role and tireless work in the preservation and strengthening of Azerbaijan's independent and sovereign statehood. Highlighting the many difficult challenges the National Leader faced in preserving Azerbaijan's independence and in shielding it from potential fragmentation, and how masterfully he overcame these difficulties, the Consul General said that the memory of Heydar Aliyev would always live in the hearts and minds of the Azerbaijani people. "Continuing the policies set forth by the National Leader, President Ilham Aliyev has taken many measures that have enabled Azerbaijan to undergo a tremendous transformation to become the largest political and economic power in the region and one of the most rapidly developing and modernizing countries in the world," Aghayev added.
Speaking afterwards, the Head of the Executive Authority of the Nasimi District Asif Asgarov shared his remarks about Heydar Aliyev, his comprehensive strategy for the development of Azerbaijan as an independent nation as well as the importance of enhancing people-to-people contacts between Azerbaijan and the United States through arts, music and culture.
Following the remarks, a video slide-show that was prepared by Azerbaijan’s Consulate General reflecting the life of Heydar Aliyev was shown.
Then the concert started. The program created and led by Professor Siyavush Karimi, Rector of Azerbaijan’s National Conservatory, included immortal pieces of Azerbaijani traditional and classical music, folk songs, arias, Mugham music, as well as colorful Azerbaijani national dances. The performances by some of the best musicians of Azerbaijan, including the singers Mansum Ibrahimov, Azer Zeynalov, Samir Jafarov, Aygun Zeynalova, Arzu Aliyeva, dancer Royale Aliyeva as well as the instrumentalists Elchin Hashimov (Tar), Elnur Ahmadov (Kamancha), Shirzad Fataliyev (wind instruments), Aydin Aliyev (Garmon), Elshan Gasimov (Naghara) and Nargiz Aliyeva (piano) mesmerized the audience.
Also the San Diego Ballet dancers’ performance of a famous waltz from the ‘Seven Beauties’ ballet by Azerbaijani composer Gara Garayev captivated the Angelenos.
The concert was received with much applause and standing ovations.
It should be noted that some radical Armenian lobby organizations of Los Angeles tried through various means to prevent this evening of music and culture from taking place. However seeing the blatant failure of their efforts, the lobby held a protest action in front of the Orpheum Theater on the day of the performance. The protest action was massively ignored by the attendees of the concert, resulting in another major and disgraceful fiasco of the Armenian lobby in Los Angeles.
Video excerpts from the concert can be watched here: https://youtu.be/v0ffEiwwVfU
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: Fetullah isn’t on his own, he has backers
- 14.07.2017Turkish deputy PM: Killing of 2-year-old Zahra is ‘international crime’
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 14.07.2017Iraq hails Azerbaijan’s support in fight against terrorism
- 14.07.2017Anar Alakbarov: Terrorism is a crime against mankind
- 14.07.2017VAK liquidation won’t affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations – ambassador
- 13.07.2017Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Turkmen ambassador
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’