Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
The Turkish citizens who paid an illegal visit to Azerbaijan’s Nagorno-Karabakh region occupied by Armenia do not reflect the country’s official position, Turkey Ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral told APA.
The Azerbaijani Prosecutor General’s Office earlier filed a criminal case against the Turkish citizens who violated Azerbaijan’s borders by colluding with individuals in Armenia and in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. The criminal case was initiated under Criminal Code’s Article 318.2 (illegally crossing Azerbaijan’s state borders). An appeal was sent to the Turkish law enforcement to detain the four individuals.
The ambassador reiterated Turkey’s support for a resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s independence and territorial integrity, on the basis of international law and decisions adopted by various international organizations.
“We have just received information about the illegal visit of some people from Turkey to Nagorno-Karabakh. Such illegal visits, of course, harm the settlement process,” Ozoral said, noting that Turkey strongly condemns the actions aimed at undermining the settlement process.
He added that those who visited Nagorno-Karabakh do not have the authority to represent Turkey’s official position. “They went there for personal purposes. Our official position is known to everyone.”
As for the initiation by Azerbaijan of the criminal case against those individuals, the ambassador said that this is a legal process, the requirements of which will be fulfilled. “We respect laws,” he added.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Georgia, Azerbaijan contribute to creation of more stable, developed region: PM Kvirikashvili
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss fight against terrorism
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq
- 29.09.2017US State Department official visiting Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: South Korea ready to respond to any threat by North Korea in close cooperation with US - INTERVIEW