Ambassador reveals 2017 mutual investment figures between Azerbaijan and UK
The trade turnover between Azerbaijan and the United Kingdom amounted to $ 48.3 million in the first quarter of 2018, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Azerbaijan to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland Tahir Taghizadeh told APA's London correspondent.
The ambassador noted that the total value of imports— mainly machinery, stone, plaster, cement, lighting equipment, priceless metal products—between the two countries amounted to $ 45.7 million, while exports amounted to 2.6 million, and these exports were primarily copper and items made of it, oil & gas and so on.
According to the diplomat, in the first quarter of 2018, Azerbaijan’s trade turnover with the UK rose by 16.56 percent.
Similarly, imports and exports also experienced increases of 18.65 percent and 51.05 percent respectively, compared to the corresponding period of 2017, he added.
Taghizadeh noted that currently there are 537 UK companies operating in Azerbaijan.
"These are mainly companies operating industrial, construction, trade, service, banking and insurance, communications and transportation fields," he said.
Asked about last year’s figures for mutual investment between the two countries, the ambassador said that UK’s foreign direct investments in Azerbaijan amounted to $1.833 billion.
“Last year UK’s investments in Azerbaijan’s oil sector amounted to $1.772 billion and in the non-oil sector to $61 million,” Taghizadeh said, noting that the UK remains Azerbaijan’s top investor.
The ambassador added that Azerbaijan’s foreign direct investments in the UK in 2017 amounted to $66.4 million – $1.1 million in oil sector, $65.3 million in non-oil sector.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 05.06.2018EU says ‘progress’ seen in talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states: Kazakh president
- 05.06.2018Ambassador: Azerbaijan, UK enjoy constructive relations at all levels - INTERVIEW
- 05.06.2018Tengiz Pkhaladze: Georgia-Azerbaijan-Turkey partnership – an ‘oxygen corridor’ between East and West
- 05.06.2018Conference on Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral co-op kicks off in Tbilisi
- 04.06.2018New OSCE chairman assumes office