Ambassador Kim Chang-gyu: North Korea’s irresponsible nuclear test increase cause of total destruction of human world
The Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) conducted a nuclear test in Punggye-ri, Gilju in North Hamgyung Province on September 3, 2017, the Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Azerbaijan Kim Chang-gyu told APA.
“The DPRK’s nuclear test following the launch of ballistic missiles and resulting in an explosive yield much greater than previous tests constitutes not only a clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions but a grave and serious challenge to the peace and security on the Korean Peninsular and beyond”, said the diplomat.
The ambassador said that the government of South Korea (ROK Government) strongly condemns this nuclear test together with all the members of the international community.
“The DPRK’s reckless and irresponsible nuclear test which was conducted despite the repeated warnings of the ROK Government and the international community is a serious threat to the nuclear non-proliferation regime of the international community, thus increasing the cause of total destruction of the human world. This is the very reason why all the members of the international community should unite in their efforts to make North Korea come out to the path toward denuclearization and establishing solid peace on the Korean Peninsular”, said the ambassador.
According to the ambassador, North Korea’s increasing nuclear capacity always comes with the more threat to the peace and stability on the Korean Peninsular and beyond.
“Based on a stalwart ROK-US alliance, the ROK Government maintains a robust readiness posture capable of responding to any threat by the DPRK in close cooperation with the US, and will maintain steadfast in safeguarding the lives of its people and the security of the nation”, added the diplomat.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Armenia interested in delaying peace talks - UPDATED
- 08.09.2017Russia says false reports on arms deal with Azerbaijan should be regarded as pressure on its allies
- 08.09.2017No Azerbaijanis among mayoral candidates of Georgia’s ruling party
- 08.09.2017OSCE PA to hold discussions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.09.2017OSCE PA President arrives in Azerbaijan
- 07.09.2017Azerbaijani FM receives new Hungarian ambassador