Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Ankara Khazar Ibrahim commented on the visit of Turkish President Recep Tayyib Erdogan to Baku.
Erdogan will be paying a visit to Azerbaijan on Oct. 30-31 to attend the inauguration of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) railway and the 6th Meeting of the Turkey-Azerbaijan High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council.
The BTK railway will provide an uninterrupted corridor from China to London, noted the ambassador, APA reported citing Anadolu Agency.
Turkey is a strategic partner of Azerbaijan, said K. Ibrahim. “We always rely on Turkey, a fraternal country to Azerbaijan.”
Hailing the dynamic development of relations between the two countries, the ambassador said that issues and projects of global importance will be discussed at the 6th meeting of the Turkey-Azerbaijan High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council.
“The presidents of Azerbaijan and Turkey will outline plans for the future,” he added.
The diplomat pointed out an increase in the trade turnover between Turkey, which has the largest economy among the Middle Eastern and South-East European countries, and Azerbaijan, which has become a leader in the South Caucasus.
As for military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Turkey, Ambassador Ibrahim said. “Strengthening military cooperation between Turkey, which has one of the world’s most powerful army, and Azerbaijan, which has the most modern army in the region, contributes to security in areas from the Black Sea to the Caspian Sea.”
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 30.10.2017US ambassador: BTK project is important part of New Silk Road
- 30.10.2017US provides over $26M to help Azerbaijan combat proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, says ambassador
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijan plays key role in preventing terrorist penetration into Syria – Erdogan
- 28.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, strategic partnership, alliance will continue to strengthen
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan supports territorial integrity of Spain – Foreign Ministry
- 27.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Although far apart, Azerbaijan and Australia can establish new co-op areas