Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?
The article prepared on September 4 by the Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) and published on the BBC News website on September 5 under the headline “Azerbaijan ‘operated secret $3bn secret slush fund’” and the related articles in The Guardian are part of the anti-Azerbaijani campaign and do not reflect reality, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, told Turkish newspaper Hurriyet, APA reported.
Hasanov noted that The Guardian fulfils the orders of certain centers.
“When did The Guardian write about the truth about Azerbaijan?... This newspaper has for many years been known for its anti-Azerbaijani stance, and it fulfils the orders of well-known world centers,” said the presidential aide. “The newspaper took a similar step again. Having entered into a conspiracy with the OCCRP, the newspaper launched another campaign to discredit Azerbaijan.”
Hasanov recalled the activities of OCCRP-affiliated circles in Azerbaijan ten years ago.
“These circles were expelled from Azerbaijan as their biased activities were revealed. They are controlled by the funds of the Armenian diaspora in the West, in particular in the US,” he added.
The presidential aide expressed regret that certain anti-Azerbaijani circles are propagandized in Turkey.
“We are not offended by the groundless news in The Guardian, but by the fact that these anti-Azerbaijani circles are propagandized in Turkey. They continue to slander Azerbaijan through some publications in Turkey. We well know these publications,” said Hasanov,
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2007Israeli Cultural Center inaugurated in Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2007Daniel S. Sullivan: US is closely cooperating with Azerbaijan in democratic reforms, security, energy cooperation and economic reforms spheres
- 17.08.2007Per Stankina: Germany respects territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2007Preparation for Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s visit started
- 16.08.2007Azerbaijan and UN representatives discuss draft resolution on “frozen” conflicts
- 15.08.2007Japan recognizes sovereignty and territorial integrity of Azerbaijan