Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
The current stage of the development of international relations is experiencing complex and contradictory processes that change the geopolitical picture of the world, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political issues.
The tendencies of the formation of a multipolar system increase the importance of inclusive dialogue that has a positive impact on the enhancement of relations between civilizations and cultures, said Hasanov addressing a panel session titled “Inclusive dialogue in globalization period”, which was held as of the IV World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 6, APA reported.
The session was moderated by Nathalie Guillaume, political analyst and public officer at the UNAOC.
Hasanov pointed to certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability.
“Along with the positive impacts of globalization that emerged after the end of the Cold War, the experience of the last 25 years shows that there are certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability. Globalization on the one hand gives impetus to the processes of international integration, on the other hand, creates conditions for the emergence of intercultural and inter-civilizational confrontation,” said the president’s assistant.
The observations show that issues related to regional and international security are not only of military and political nature, but at the same time cover socio-economic and intercultural relations, he noted.
At the same time, inclusive dialogue is also important for the peoples to live in peace and prosperity, but, unfortunately, today there are approaches that don’t allow to objectively assess the dialogue’s essence, he said.
Ali Hasanov added that Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, highly assesses the role of inclusive dialogue for ensuring of civilized peaceful coexistence and pursues an active policy in this direction.
Azerbaijan is known in the world as a multicultural and tolerant multi-ethnic state, he stressed.
He noted with regret that the religious, racial and national intolerance, as well as separatism, existing today in the world, lead people becoming refugees and migrants.
Azerbaijan, which suffered from Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing and occupation, as a result of which over a million of Azerbaijani citizens became refugees and IDPs, is well aware of difficulties related to this problem, Hasanov said.
Therefore, ensuring the return of these refugees and IDPs to their native land should become the main part of the inclusive dialogue, he added.
The presidential aide hailed the special role of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in promoting inclusive dialogue.
"Over the past years, the Heydar Aliyev Foundation has implemented many projects to restore historical and cultural monuments, in particular in France, the Vatican, Italy and Bulgaria. Thanks to the activities of the Foundation, the places of worship belonging to various religions were repaired in Azerbaijan, and cultural and educational centers for various ethnic groups were created in the country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 06.05.2017Baku comments on closure of OSCE Yerevan office
- 06.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova