Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
The current stage of the development of international relations is experiencing complex and contradictory processes that change the geopolitical picture of the world, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political issues.
The tendencies of the formation of a multipolar system increase the importance of inclusive dialogue that has a positive impact on the enhancement of relations between civilizations and cultures, said Hasanov addressing a panel session titled “Inclusive dialogue in globalization period”, which was held as of the IV World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 6, APA reported.
The session was moderated by Nathalie Guillaume, political analyst and public officer at the UNAOC.
Hasanov pointed to certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability.
“Along with the positive impacts of globalization that emerged after the end of the Cold War, the experience of the last 25 years shows that there are certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability. Globalization on the one hand gives impetus to the processes of international integration, on the other hand, creates conditions for the emergence of intercultural and inter-civilizational confrontation,” said the president’s assistant.
The observations show that issues related to regional and international security are not only of military and political nature, but at the same time cover socio-economic and intercultural relations, he noted.
At the same time, inclusive dialogue is also important for the peoples to live in peace and prosperity, but, unfortunately, today there are approaches that don’t allow to objectively assess the dialogue’s essence, he said.
Ali Hasanov added that Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, highly assesses the role of inclusive dialogue for ensuring of civilized peaceful coexistence and pursues an active policy in this direction.
Azerbaijan is known in the world as a multicultural and tolerant multi-ethnic state, he stressed.
He noted with regret that the religious, racial and national intolerance, as well as separatism, existing today in the world, lead people becoming refugees and migrants.
Azerbaijan, which suffered from Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing and occupation, as a result of which over a million of Azerbaijani citizens became refugees and IDPs, is well aware of difficulties related to this problem, Hasanov said.
Therefore, ensuring the return of these refugees and IDPs to their native land should become the main part of the inclusive dialogue, he added.
The presidential aide hailed the special role of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in promoting inclusive dialogue.
"Over the past years, the Heydar Aliyev Foundation has implemented many projects to restore historical and cultural monuments, in particular in France, the Vatican, Italy and Bulgaria. Thanks to the activities of the Foundation, the places of worship belonging to various religions were repaired in Azerbaijan, and cultural and educational centers for various ethnic groups were created in the country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit: Erdogan sharply reacts to Armenian deputy FM’s anti-Azerbaijani remarks
- 22.05.2017Parl’t speaker: Armenia violates regional security, stability by continuing occupation of Azerbaijani territories
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 06.05.2017Baku comments on closure of OSCE Yerevan office
- 06.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova