Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
The current stage of the development of international relations is experiencing complex and contradictory processes that change the geopolitical picture of the world, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political issues.
The tendencies of the formation of a multipolar system increase the importance of inclusive dialogue that has a positive impact on the enhancement of relations between civilizations and cultures, said Hasanov addressing a panel session titled “Inclusive dialogue in globalization period”, which was held as of the IV World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 6, APA reported.
The session was moderated by Nathalie Guillaume, political analyst and public officer at the UNAOC.
Hasanov pointed to certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability.
“Along with the positive impacts of globalization that emerged after the end of the Cold War, the experience of the last 25 years shows that there are certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability. Globalization on the one hand gives impetus to the processes of international integration, on the other hand, creates conditions for the emergence of intercultural and inter-civilizational confrontation,” said the president’s assistant.
The observations show that issues related to regional and international security are not only of military and political nature, but at the same time cover socio-economic and intercultural relations, he noted.
At the same time, inclusive dialogue is also important for the peoples to live in peace and prosperity, but, unfortunately, today there are approaches that don’t allow to objectively assess the dialogue’s essence, he said.
Ali Hasanov added that Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, highly assesses the role of inclusive dialogue for ensuring of civilized peaceful coexistence and pursues an active policy in this direction.
Azerbaijan is known in the world as a multicultural and tolerant multi-ethnic state, he stressed.
He noted with regret that the religious, racial and national intolerance, as well as separatism, existing today in the world, lead people becoming refugees and migrants.
Azerbaijan, which suffered from Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing and occupation, as a result of which over a million of Azerbaijani citizens became refugees and IDPs, is well aware of difficulties related to this problem, Hasanov said.
Therefore, ensuring the return of these refugees and IDPs to their native land should become the main part of the inclusive dialogue, he added.
The presidential aide hailed the special role of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in promoting inclusive dialogue.
"Over the past years, the Heydar Aliyev Foundation has implemented many projects to restore historical and cultural monuments, in particular in France, the Vatican, Italy and Bulgaria. Thanks to the activities of the Foundation, the places of worship belonging to various religions were repaired in Azerbaijan, and cultural and educational centers for various ethnic groups were created in the country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 05.12.2014Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with the Special Representative of the European Union for the South Caucasus
- 06.12.2014Pope beside Armenia, against Turkey and Azerbaijan - ANALYSIS - NEW VERSION
- 07.12.2014Azer Gasimov: Reactions to Khadija Ismayilova’s case part of anti-Azerbaijani campaign of certain circles
- 05.12.2014Azerbaijani President congratulates Finnish counterpart
- 05.12.2014Elkhan Suleymanov sends letter to members of Conference of Presidents of European Parliament
- 05.12.2014Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Minister receives OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Baku - PHOTO