Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
The current stage of the development of international relations is experiencing complex and contradictory processes that change the geopolitical picture of the world, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political issues.
The tendencies of the formation of a multipolar system increase the importance of inclusive dialogue that has a positive impact on the enhancement of relations between civilizations and cultures, said Hasanov addressing a panel session titled “Inclusive dialogue in globalization period”, which was held as of the IV World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 6, APA reported.
The session was moderated by Nathalie Guillaume, political analyst and public officer at the UNAOC.
Hasanov pointed to certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability.
“Along with the positive impacts of globalization that emerged after the end of the Cold War, the experience of the last 25 years shows that there are certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability. Globalization on the one hand gives impetus to the processes of international integration, on the other hand, creates conditions for the emergence of intercultural and inter-civilizational confrontation,” said the president’s assistant.
The observations show that issues related to regional and international security are not only of military and political nature, but at the same time cover socio-economic and intercultural relations, he noted.
At the same time, inclusive dialogue is also important for the peoples to live in peace and prosperity, but, unfortunately, today there are approaches that don’t allow to objectively assess the dialogue’s essence, he said.
Ali Hasanov added that Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, highly assesses the role of inclusive dialogue for ensuring of civilized peaceful coexistence and pursues an active policy in this direction.
Azerbaijan is known in the world as a multicultural and tolerant multi-ethnic state, he stressed.
He noted with regret that the religious, racial and national intolerance, as well as separatism, existing today in the world, lead people becoming refugees and migrants.
Azerbaijan, which suffered from Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing and occupation, as a result of which over a million of Azerbaijani citizens became refugees and IDPs, is well aware of difficulties related to this problem, Hasanov said.
Therefore, ensuring the return of these refugees and IDPs to their native land should become the main part of the inclusive dialogue, he added.
The presidential aide hailed the special role of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in promoting inclusive dialogue.
"Over the past years, the Heydar Aliyev Foundation has implemented many projects to restore historical and cultural monuments, in particular in France, the Vatican, Italy and Bulgaria. Thanks to the activities of the Foundation, the places of worship belonging to various religions were repaired in Azerbaijan, and cultural and educational centers for various ethnic groups were created in the country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UNRWA commissioner-general in New York
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 06.05.2017Baku comments on closure of OSCE Yerevan office
- 06.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova