Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
The current stage of the development of international relations is experiencing complex and contradictory processes that change the geopolitical picture of the world, said Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani president's aide for public and political issues.
The tendencies of the formation of a multipolar system increase the importance of inclusive dialogue that has a positive impact on the enhancement of relations between civilizations and cultures, said Hasanov addressing a panel session titled “Inclusive dialogue in globalization period”, which was held as of the IV World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue in Baku May 6, APA reported.
The session was moderated by Nathalie Guillaume, political analyst and public officer at the UNAOC.
Hasanov pointed to certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability.
“Along with the positive impacts of globalization that emerged after the end of the Cold War, the experience of the last 25 years shows that there are certain problems with regard to the impact of globalization on ensuring peace and stability. Globalization on the one hand gives impetus to the processes of international integration, on the other hand, creates conditions for the emergence of intercultural and inter-civilizational confrontation,” said the president’s assistant.
The observations show that issues related to regional and international security are not only of military and political nature, but at the same time cover socio-economic and intercultural relations, he noted.
At the same time, inclusive dialogue is also important for the peoples to live in peace and prosperity, but, unfortunately, today there are approaches that don’t allow to objectively assess the dialogue’s essence, he said.
Ali Hasanov added that Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, highly assesses the role of inclusive dialogue for ensuring of civilized peaceful coexistence and pursues an active policy in this direction.
Azerbaijan is known in the world as a multicultural and tolerant multi-ethnic state, he stressed.
He noted with regret that the religious, racial and national intolerance, as well as separatism, existing today in the world, lead people becoming refugees and migrants.
Azerbaijan, which suffered from Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing and occupation, as a result of which over a million of Azerbaijani citizens became refugees and IDPs, is well aware of difficulties related to this problem, Hasanov said.
Therefore, ensuring the return of these refugees and IDPs to their native land should become the main part of the inclusive dialogue, he added.
The presidential aide hailed the special role of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation in promoting inclusive dialogue.
"Over the past years, the Heydar Aliyev Foundation has implemented many projects to restore historical and cultural monuments, in particular in France, the Vatican, Italy and Bulgaria. Thanks to the activities of the Foundation, the places of worship belonging to various religions were repaired in Azerbaijan, and cultural and educational centers for various ethnic groups were created in the country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 06.05.2017Baku comments on closure of OSCE Yerevan office
- 06.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova