Ali Hasanov: Claims by Financial Times serve nefarious interests of anti-Azerbaijani circles abroad
Ali Hasanov, Azerbaijani President’s Assistant for Public and Political Affairs has commented on a number of claims made against Azerbaijan in an article of the Financial Times.
Hasanov said the claims made against Azerbaijan in the article, titled “Is the Council of Europe giving up on human rights?” are subjective, biased and serve the nefarious interests of certain anti-Azerbaijan circles abroad.
The fact that the Financial Times and other well-known publications have chosen Azerbaijan as their target in an artificially organized smear campaign and regularly voice unfounded accusations can only cause regret, noted the president’s assistant.
He pointed out that Azerbaijan is known in the world as a country of stability, security and tolerance that is following the path of democracy, has a strong economy and international influence where all freedoms are well ensured.
“The policy being pursued by President Ilham Aliyev serves the interests of the Azerbaijani people and has won all kinds of public support. This fact has been proven by surveys carried out by local and EU countries,” said the president’s assistant. “It is no coincidence that the survey, conducted by the Dutch ACT humanitarian partnership organization by order of the Eastern Partnership program, showed that 81 percent of Azerbaijani citizens support the policy being pursued by the government. Of course, this factor seriously worries Armenia and the Armenian lobby, as well as their supporters abroad.”
“Such forces, using all possible means, try to undermine the reputation of Azerbaijan and form a negative opinion of the international community about the country. The fact that such publications like the Financial Times have turned into a tool in the hands of these circles is a serious is a serious flaw that damage the independence of transnational media,” he added.
Hasanov stressed that periodically organized such anti-Azerbaijani campaigns have already proved ineffective.
“The sooner the organizers and executors of these smear campaigns understand this reality, the more they will be able to preserve their reputation,” he said.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 20.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US-based Foundation for Ethnic Understanding
- 20.12.2017FT also responsible for tension around world – Azerbaijani official
- 20.12.2017Date set for next meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Cooperation Council
- 20.12.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey and Iran underscore need to strengthen co-op in fight against terrorism, separatism
- 20.12.2017Turkey signed Zurich protocols with Armenia on certain conditions – FM
- 20.12.2017Turkey aims to end chaos in Syria, restore peace and stability therein – Cavusoglu