Afghan president says Taliban ‘has no future’
The United States supports Afghanistan in the fight against terrorism, which shows that the Taliban terrorist organization has no future and will be defeated, said Afghan President Ashraf Ghani.
He made remarks at the 7th Ministerial Conference titled "Security and Economic Connectivity towards a Strengthened Heart of Asia Region", held within the framework of the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process in Baku on Dec. 1, APA reports.
He said that for a long time transnational forces have used various means for dominance over some states.
"We are working tirelessly to solve this problem, and we are moving towards making Afghanistan Asia’s heart and turning it into the economic gate of this continent. Afghanistan adheres to relevant UN documents in the fight against terrorism,” said the Afghan leader.
Ashraf Ghani stressed that terrorism is a serious threat to international peace and security, not just to Afghanistan.
"This is the main prerequisite for unity among states. The spread of ISIS in Afghanistan has recently begun to be hampered. Nine provinces have been liberated from ISIL's occupation. Efforts should be ramped up in this area. We urge the parties to more partnership in the region,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan supports resolution of conflicts on basis of international law – FM Mammadyarov
- 01.12.2017Turkey says effective regional co-op is ‘prerequisite’ for stability in Afghanistan
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani hails Azerbaijani servicemen’s contribution to security of Afghanistan
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: The Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process to contribute to Afghanistan’s development
- 01.12.2017Afghan FM: Istanbul Process provides wider cooperation in region
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: BTK, NSTC to allow Afghanistan to enter world market