Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
Four Turkish citizens were put on an international wanted list for illegally visiting the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
Garalov noted that the Prosecutor General’s Office has already filed a criminal case against these persons who showed disrespect to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
“The actions of these persons, known for their pro-Armenian position, do not reflect Turkey’s official stance,” he said. They expressed support for PKK terrorist organization and propagated the establishment of an independent Kurdish state.”
Persons who violate the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan will be brought to criminal responsibility, the prosecutor general stressed.
Without documents and consent from relevant executive authorities, Turkish citizens Ufuk Uras (former MP), Ali Bayramoglu, Said Cekinoglu and Erol Katircioglu (writer) crossed the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan avoiding checkpoints, that is, deliberately traveled from territory of Armenia and illegally arrived in occupied Khankendi and other settlements on September 22. They voiced pro-Armenian views against Azerbaijan and Turkey.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in December 1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 07.05.2018Prosecutor General's Office: Extradition of person inflicted injures to Supreme Rada MP to be considered
- 07.05.2018Sabuhi Shahverdiyev appointed prosecutor for Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 07.05.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani legislation allows NGOs to operate freely
- 07.05.2018Deputy PM comments on possible early parliamentary elections in Azerbaijan
- 07.05.2018Internal confrontation in Armenia to last long: Azerbaijan’s ruling party
- 07.05.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds event to mark 95th birth anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 04.05.2018Turkish cargo vessel, Greek warship collide in Aegean
- 04.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Economic development fully ensured in Azerbaijan
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity