Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
Four Turkish citizens were put on an international wanted list for illegally visiting the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
Garalov noted that the Prosecutor General’s Office has already filed a criminal case against these persons who showed disrespect to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
“The actions of these persons, known for their pro-Armenian position, do not reflect Turkey’s official stance,” he said. They expressed support for PKK terrorist organization and propagated the establishment of an independent Kurdish state.”
Persons who violate the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan will be brought to criminal responsibility, the prosecutor general stressed.
Without documents and consent from relevant executive authorities, Turkish citizens Ufuk Uras (former MP), Ali Bayramoglu, Said Cekinoglu and Erol Katircioglu (writer) crossed the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan avoiding checkpoints, that is, deliberately traveled from territory of Armenia and illegally arrived in occupied Khankendi and other settlements on September 22. They voiced pro-Armenian views against Azerbaijan and Turkey.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in December 1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 22.09.2017Armenian MP: 'We have no security issues in Baku' - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs attending Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity