Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
Four Turkish citizens were put on an international wanted list for illegally visiting the Armenian-occupied Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov told reporters on Saturday, APA reported.
Garalov noted that the Prosecutor General’s Office has already filed a criminal case against these persons who showed disrespect to Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity.
“The actions of these persons, known for their pro-Armenian position, do not reflect Turkey’s official stance,” he said. They expressed support for PKK terrorist organization and propagated the establishment of an independent Kurdish state.”
Persons who violate the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan will be brought to criminal responsibility, the prosecutor general stressed.
Without documents and consent from relevant executive authorities, Turkish citizens Ufuk Uras (former MP), Ali Bayramoglu, Said Cekinoglu and Erol Katircioglu (writer) crossed the internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan avoiding checkpoints, that is, deliberately traveled from territory of Armenia and illegally arrived in occupied Khankendi and other settlements on September 22. They voiced pro-Armenian views against Azerbaijan and Turkey.
The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict entered its modern phase when the Armenian SRR made territorial claims against the Azerbaijani SSR in 1988.
A fierce war broke out between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. As a result of the war, Armenian armed forces occupied some 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory which includes Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent districts (Lachin, Kalbajar, Aghdam, Fuzuli, Jabrayil, Gubadli and Zangilan), and over a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced people.
The military operations finally came to an end when Azerbaijan and Armenia signed a ceasefire agreement in Bishkek in 1994.
Dealing with the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the OSCE Minsk Group, which was created after the meeting of the CSCE (OSCE after the Budapest summit held in December 1994) Ministerial Council in Helsinki on 24 March 1992. The Group’s members include Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, the United States, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Belarus, Finland and Sweden.
Besides, the OSCE Minsk Group has a co-chairmanship institution, comprised of Russian, the US and French co-chairs, which began operating in 1996.
Resolutions 822, 853, 874 and 884 of the UN Security Council, which were passed in short intervals in 1993, and other resolutions adopted by the UN General Assembly, PACE, OSCE, OIC, and other organizations require Armenia to unconditionally withdraw its troops from Nagorno-Karabakh.
Related news releases
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity