What do int’l observers think of voting process in Azerbaijan?
Michel Amiel, member of the French Senate, told APA that her impression about the course of voting in Azerbaijan’s presidential election is quite positive.
"This is the first polling station we are conducting observation at. The chairman informed us about the election process as soon as we stepped in. We will state our final opinion after the voting," he said.
Lord David Charles, member of the UK Parliament, said the presidential election in Azerbaijan is well-organized.
"We represent the UK Parliament. There are very good relations between the two countries. The voting process is well-organized. People's activity is normal,” he added.
Hamid Hamid, member of the Bulgarian parliament, stressed that the electoral system has developed in Azerbaijan.
"It is too early to make a final statement, but our observations point to the conclusion that the elections are going normally and there is no difficulty. People are also participating in the voting quietly and safely. I have already observed parliamentary elections and referendums in Azerbaijan before. The electoral system in the country is developing day after day,” he noted.
Peter Marček, member of the Slovakian parliament, said he has not seen any violations of law so far.
"We are observing the voting process and we have not detected any illegal cases yet. Yesterday we talked to several voters. Consequently, we can say that there is great interest in the voting nationwide,” he added.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 11.04.2018Presidential election begins at Azerbaijan’s embassy in London
- 11.04.2018French MPs observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals voter turnout in presidential election as of 12:00
- 11.04.2018Presidential hopeful Gudrat Hasanguliyev cast vote in election
- 11.04.2018No interference in presidential election in Azerbaijan, says Serbian observer
- 11.04.2018OSCE PA mission continues election observation in Azerbaijan