VP Mehriban Aliyeva: I realize seriousness of my responsibility
Mehriban Aliyeva, who has been appointed the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, thanked President Ilham Aliyev for the high confidence in her.
Addressing a meeting of the Security Council held under the chairmanship of President Aliyev on February 21, Mrs. Aliyeva stressed that she realizes the seriousness of the responsibility that came with her appointment to this post.
"Mr. President, I express my deep gratitude to you for this high confidence in me," she said. "I believe that I will be able to justify this confidence shown by you, Mr. President, and all the people that believe in me,” said Mehriban Aliyeva.
Mehriban Aliyeva once again thanked President Aliyev for appreciating her efforts.
“It’s a great honor for me to be given such value. Behind every success that you mentioned stands your support,” Mrs. Aliyeva said. “Over the past years, your ideas of statehood, patriotism, your courageous protection of Azerbaijan’s national interests, and your unity with the people of Azerbaijan were an example for me and those work with me, and guided our activities.”
“We’re proud to have been able to make our own contributions—although few—to the development of Azerbaijan and the growing international influence of our country. I’m sure that when people choose their own way—regardless of their position—they must be honest about what they do, strive to achieve their goals, and keep their words,” she added.
The first vice-president noted that the activity of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, which she has been heading for 13 years, is based on the principles of humanism.
“Over the past years, we have implemented a number of major projects. We are taking an active part in the socio-political life of Azerbaijan and implementing infrastructure projects,” said Mrs. Aliyeva. “Over the past 13 years, we have not remained indifferent to the problems of individuals. Dealing with those in need of assistance and offering moral support to them is the direct responsibility of each employee of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. I think this is a duty upon anyone working for state bodies. We must not forget the values of humanity, compassion, mutual respect, and kindness in our daily activities. By holding these moral values high, we can attain the highest achievements.”
“I assure you that I will be trying to build my future activities upon these particular principles. I will hold the highest the interests of our country and I will be trying to serve Azerbaijan decently,” she added.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves annual report by National Coordinator for combating human trafficking
- 07.04.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan has never been as strong in history as it is now"
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling