VP Mehriban Aliyeva: I realize seriousness of my responsibility
Mehriban Aliyeva, who has been appointed the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, thanked President Ilham Aliyev for the high confidence in her.
Addressing a meeting of the Security Council held under the chairmanship of President Aliyev on February 21, Mrs. Aliyeva stressed that she realizes the seriousness of the responsibility that came with her appointment to this post.
"Mr. President, I express my deep gratitude to you for this high confidence in me," she said. "I believe that I will be able to justify this confidence shown by you, Mr. President, and all the people that believe in me,” said Mehriban Aliyeva.
Mehriban Aliyeva once again thanked President Aliyev for appreciating her efforts.
“It’s a great honor for me to be given such value. Behind every success that you mentioned stands your support,” Mrs. Aliyeva said. “Over the past years, your ideas of statehood, patriotism, your courageous protection of Azerbaijan’s national interests, and your unity with the people of Azerbaijan were an example for me and those work with me, and guided our activities.”
“We’re proud to have been able to make our own contributions—although few—to the development of Azerbaijan and the growing international influence of our country. I’m sure that when people choose their own way—regardless of their position—they must be honest about what they do, strive to achieve their goals, and keep their words,” she added.
The first vice-president noted that the activity of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, which she has been heading for 13 years, is based on the principles of humanism.
“Over the past years, we have implemented a number of major projects. We are taking an active part in the socio-political life of Azerbaijan and implementing infrastructure projects,” said Mrs. Aliyeva. “Over the past 13 years, we have not remained indifferent to the problems of individuals. Dealing with those in need of assistance and offering moral support to them is the direct responsibility of each employee of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. I think this is a duty upon anyone working for state bodies. We must not forget the values of humanity, compassion, mutual respect, and kindness in our daily activities. By holding these moral values high, we can attain the highest achievements.”
“I assure you that I will be trying to build my future activities upon these particular principles. I will hold the highest the interests of our country and I will be trying to serve Azerbaijan decently,” she added.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order
- 12.09.2017Fuad Alasgarov: Lapshin is free to choose where to go
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into case of persons accused of spying for Armenia
- 12.09.2017Turkmenistan prevents terror attack on ferry set to sail from Turkmenbashi to Baku
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan strips 151 people of citizenship for fighting for terrorist organizations
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Unethical remarks by Akif Ali about Lotfi Zadeh unacceptable
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehman Aliyev appealed to president
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Jalilabad district for visit
- 02.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins autumn session
- 29.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends Eid al-Adha congratulations to the nation
- 29.08.2017Pakistan summons Indian envoy over mortar incident
- 28.08.2017Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25.08.2017New Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR appointed
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Qarabag victory is an important event in promotion of Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: New page opened in Azerbaijan’s football history
- 24.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FC Qarabag squad
- 24.08.2017FC Qarabag return home after historic success
- 23.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves structure of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 22.08.2017Seventeen years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Shamkir district for visit
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Gadabay district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani official: All had been expecting Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as first vice-president
- 21.02.2017Heads of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions congratulate Mehriban Aliyeva
- 21.02.2017Ali Huseynli: Appointment of Mehriban Aliyeva, president’s closest associate, is desirable decision on way to statehood
- 21.02.2017President: Mehriban Aliyeva has been playing important role in Azerbaijan’s socio-political life for years
- 21.02.2017What powers does Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President have?
- 21.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Azerbaijani Security Council's meeting