VP Mehriban Aliyeva: I realize seriousness of my responsibility
Mehriban Aliyeva, who has been appointed the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, thanked President Ilham Aliyev for the high confidence in her.
Addressing a meeting of the Security Council held under the chairmanship of President Aliyev on February 21, Mrs. Aliyeva stressed that she realizes the seriousness of the responsibility that came with her appointment to this post.
"Mr. President, I express my deep gratitude to you for this high confidence in me," she said. "I believe that I will be able to justify this confidence shown by you, Mr. President, and all the people that believe in me,” said Mehriban Aliyeva.
Mehriban Aliyeva once again thanked President Aliyev for appreciating her efforts.
“It’s a great honor for me to be given such value. Behind every success that you mentioned stands your support,” Mrs. Aliyeva said. “Over the past years, your ideas of statehood, patriotism, your courageous protection of Azerbaijan’s national interests, and your unity with the people of Azerbaijan were an example for me and those work with me, and guided our activities.”
“We’re proud to have been able to make our own contributions—although few—to the development of Azerbaijan and the growing international influence of our country. I’m sure that when people choose their own way—regardless of their position—they must be honest about what they do, strive to achieve their goals, and keep their words,” she added.
The first vice-president noted that the activity of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, which she has been heading for 13 years, is based on the principles of humanism.
“Over the past years, we have implemented a number of major projects. We are taking an active part in the socio-political life of Azerbaijan and implementing infrastructure projects,” said Mrs. Aliyeva. “Over the past 13 years, we have not remained indifferent to the problems of individuals. Dealing with those in need of assistance and offering moral support to them is the direct responsibility of each employee of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. I think this is a duty upon anyone working for state bodies. We must not forget the values of humanity, compassion, mutual respect, and kindness in our daily activities. By holding these moral values high, we can attain the highest achievements.”
“I assure you that I will be trying to build my future activities upon these particular principles. I will hold the highest the interests of our country and I will be trying to serve Azerbaijan decently,” she added.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 21.02.2017Azerbaijani official: All had been expecting Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as first vice-president
- 21.02.2017Heads of Azerbaijan’s religious confessions congratulate Mehriban Aliyeva
- 21.02.2017Ali Huseynli: Appointment of Mehriban Aliyeva, president’s closest associate, is desirable decision on way to statehood
- 21.02.2017President: Mehriban Aliyeva has been playing important role in Azerbaijan’s socio-political life for years
- 21.02.2017What powers does Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President have?
- 21.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Azerbaijani Security Council's meeting