Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
Unneeded state agencies in Azerbaijan should be abolished and related agencies should be merged, said Azerbaijani MP Siyavush Novruzov.
He made the remarks on Wednesday during a parliamentary meeting on the discussion of the state budget package for 2017.
“The funds allocated for these agencies should be spent on other areas. We need to do a lot with limited funds,” he noted.
The MP said that low-income families must be taken care of and the amount of funds allocated for them must not be reduced.
“These people also include families of martyrs and war veterans. Good that social the amount allocated for the social sphere hasn’t changed,” added Novruzov.
He said everything has been taken into consideration when preparing the 2017 state budget.
The MP also touched on the reforms.
“In the first place, small and medium size entrepreneurship should be promoted, some small entrappers even be exempt from taxes, and taxes on medium size entrepreneurship reduced. This may well lead to the acquisition of new revenues for the year to come,” he added.
Norvuzov said Azerbaijan is a country that has been able to make the most of its oil revenues.
The MP also talked about a possible closure of several diplomatic missions of Azerbaijan abroad.
“We paid a visit to Uzbekistan recently. Uzbekistan is a strategic partner of Azerbaijan and one of the few countries that have not opened an embassy for Armenia. But the position of military attaché has seen reduction in Uzbekistan. Now, are we supposed to say we have reduced this position due to lack of funds? This issue has to be dealt with by the Ministry of Defense and also the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018CEC: Interesting people may apply and familiar with candidates’ documents
- 24.02.2018CEC approves more two candidates’ nomination for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Large-scale pardoning expected in Azerbaijan – parl’t speaker
- 23.02.2018No political prisoners in Azerbaijan, says MP
- 23.02.2018Next plenary session of Azerbaijani parliament begins
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan's ruling party submits voter signatures to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 08.12.2016Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament begins 2017 state budget discussion