Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
Unneeded state agencies in Azerbaijan should be abolished and related agencies should be merged, said Azerbaijani MP Siyavush Novruzov.
He made the remarks on Wednesday during a parliamentary meeting on the discussion of the state budget package for 2017.
“The funds allocated for these agencies should be spent on other areas. We need to do a lot with limited funds,” he noted.
The MP said that low-income families must be taken care of and the amount of funds allocated for them must not be reduced.
“These people also include families of martyrs and war veterans. Good that social the amount allocated for the social sphere hasn’t changed,” added Novruzov.
He said everything has been taken into consideration when preparing the 2017 state budget.
The MP also touched on the reforms.
“In the first place, small and medium size entrepreneurship should be promoted, some small entrappers even be exempt from taxes, and taxes on medium size entrepreneurship reduced. This may well lead to the acquisition of new revenues for the year to come,” he added.
Norvuzov said Azerbaijan is a country that has been able to make the most of its oil revenues.
The MP also talked about a possible closure of several diplomatic missions of Azerbaijan abroad.
“We paid a visit to Uzbekistan recently. Uzbekistan is a strategic partner of Azerbaijan and one of the few countries that have not opened an embassy for Armenia. But the position of military attaché has seen reduction in Uzbekistan. Now, are we supposed to say we have reduced this position due to lack of funds? This issue has to be dealt with by the Ministry of Defense and also the Ministry of Foreign Affairs,” he concluded.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 08.12.2016Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani parliament begins 2017 state budget discussion