Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
MP Rafael Jabrayilov mentioned that there are serious problems with the calculation of labor pensions, which often lead to long arguments in court. “Even after winning the case, these people have difficulty receiving their pension,” he added.
The MP suggested that targeted social assistance be given to unemployed families in this period of complicated economic crisis.
In his speech, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev pointed out that problems remain with targeted social assistance, saying an issue was once raised that the list of people who are to be given targeted social assistance be published on the Internet.
“However, this initiative was not realized. Employment in some bodies needs to be as transparent as in the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population. Indeed there has been considerable progress since Salim Muslumov took over his position as head of this body, Hasanguliyev said, adding. “But absolute transparency is nowhere. Are we going to ensure transparency by cutting down on targeted social assistance? Quite the contrary, there will be serious dissatisfaction. I suggest that the criteria of minimum need be lowered to that of minimum living. It should be at least 135 manats. Families in districts have more social problems.”
There is a need to give social benefits to unemployed people to prevent possible discontent in society, the MP stressed.
Speaking at the meeting, MP Fazil Mustafa said that the unemployment rate is on the rise in Azerbaijan.
“The vast majority of citizens who have plots of lands cannot use them. They are also among the hidden unemployed people. Most of those who work in construction sector are also among them,” he said.
Mustafa called the growing unemployment a serious threat to the country’s national security.
“Unemployment leads to an increase in the number crimes and drug addicts. Therefore, the average monthly salary shouldn’t deceive us,” he said.
The MP also touched upon childcare costs in the country.
“Food and other necessities for a child are so expensive that a family can not meet them. Monthly expenditure per student exceeds 300 manats. Many parents can’t afford to treat their ill children,” he added.
Related news releases
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years