Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
MP Rafael Jabrayilov mentioned that there are serious problems with the calculation of labor pensions, which often lead to long arguments in court. “Even after winning the case, these people have difficulty receiving their pension,” he added.
The MP suggested that targeted social assistance be given to unemployed families in this period of complicated economic crisis.
In his speech, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev pointed out that problems remain with targeted social assistance, saying an issue was once raised that the list of people who are to be given targeted social assistance be published on the Internet.
“However, this initiative was not realized. Employment in some bodies needs to be as transparent as in the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population. Indeed there has been considerable progress since Salim Muslumov took over his position as head of this body, Hasanguliyev said, adding. “But absolute transparency is nowhere. Are we going to ensure transparency by cutting down on targeted social assistance? Quite the contrary, there will be serious dissatisfaction. I suggest that the criteria of minimum need be lowered to that of minimum living. It should be at least 135 manats. Families in districts have more social problems.”
There is a need to give social benefits to unemployed people to prevent possible discontent in society, the MP stressed.
Speaking at the meeting, MP Fazil Mustafa said that the unemployment rate is on the rise in Azerbaijan.
“The vast majority of citizens who have plots of lands cannot use them. They are also among the hidden unemployed people. Most of those who work in construction sector are also among them,” he said.
Mustafa called the growing unemployment a serious threat to the country’s national security.
“Unemployment leads to an increase in the number crimes and drug addicts. Therefore, the average monthly salary shouldn’t deceive us,” he said.
The MP also touched upon childcare costs in the country.
“Food and other necessities for a child are so expensive that a family can not meet them. Monthly expenditure per student exceeds 300 manats. Many parents can’t afford to treat their ill children,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 01.06.2017Head of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 01.06.2017Fatma Abdullazade relieved of her duties
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years