Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
MP Rafael Jabrayilov mentioned that there are serious problems with the calculation of labor pensions, which often lead to long arguments in court. “Even after winning the case, these people have difficulty receiving their pension,” he added.
The MP suggested that targeted social assistance be given to unemployed families in this period of complicated economic crisis.
In his speech, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev pointed out that problems remain with targeted social assistance, saying an issue was once raised that the list of people who are to be given targeted social assistance be published on the Internet.
“However, this initiative was not realized. Employment in some bodies needs to be as transparent as in the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population. Indeed there has been considerable progress since Salim Muslumov took over his position as head of this body, Hasanguliyev said, adding. “But absolute transparency is nowhere. Are we going to ensure transparency by cutting down on targeted social assistance? Quite the contrary, there will be serious dissatisfaction. I suggest that the criteria of minimum need be lowered to that of minimum living. It should be at least 135 manats. Families in districts have more social problems.”
There is a need to give social benefits to unemployed people to prevent possible discontent in society, the MP stressed.
Speaking at the meeting, MP Fazil Mustafa said that the unemployment rate is on the rise in Azerbaijan.
“The vast majority of citizens who have plots of lands cannot use them. They are also among the hidden unemployed people. Most of those who work in construction sector are also among them,” he said.
Mustafa called the growing unemployment a serious threat to the country’s national security.
“Unemployment leads to an increase in the number crimes and drug addicts. Therefore, the average monthly salary shouldn’t deceive us,” he said.
The MP also touched upon childcare costs in the country.
“Food and other necessities for a child are so expensive that a family can not meet them. Monthly expenditure per student exceeds 300 manats. Many parents can’t afford to treat their ill children,” he added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years