Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
MP Rafael Jabrayilov mentioned that there are serious problems with the calculation of labor pensions, which often lead to long arguments in court. “Even after winning the case, these people have difficulty receiving their pension,” he added.
The MP suggested that targeted social assistance be given to unemployed families in this period of complicated economic crisis.
In his speech, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev pointed out that problems remain with targeted social assistance, saying an issue was once raised that the list of people who are to be given targeted social assistance be published on the Internet.
“However, this initiative was not realized. Employment in some bodies needs to be as transparent as in the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population. Indeed there has been considerable progress since Salim Muslumov took over his position as head of this body, Hasanguliyev said, adding. “But absolute transparency is nowhere. Are we going to ensure transparency by cutting down on targeted social assistance? Quite the contrary, there will be serious dissatisfaction. I suggest that the criteria of minimum need be lowered to that of minimum living. It should be at least 135 manats. Families in districts have more social problems.”
There is a need to give social benefits to unemployed people to prevent possible discontent in society, the MP stressed.
Speaking at the meeting, MP Fazil Mustafa said that the unemployment rate is on the rise in Azerbaijan.
“The vast majority of citizens who have plots of lands cannot use them. They are also among the hidden unemployed people. Most of those who work in construction sector are also among them,” he said.
Mustafa called the growing unemployment a serious threat to the country’s national security.
“Unemployment leads to an increase in the number crimes and drug addicts. Therefore, the average monthly salary shouldn’t deceive us,” he said.
The MP also touched upon childcare costs in the country.
“Food and other necessities for a child are so expensive that a family can not meet them. Monthly expenditure per student exceeds 300 manats. Many parents can’t afford to treat their ill children,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years