Unemployed people should be given social benefits, Azerbaijani MP proposes
MP Rafael Jabrayilov mentioned that there are serious problems with the calculation of labor pensions, which often lead to long arguments in court. “Even after winning the case, these people have difficulty receiving their pension,” he added.
The MP suggested that targeted social assistance be given to unemployed families in this period of complicated economic crisis.
In his speech, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev pointed out that problems remain with targeted social assistance, saying an issue was once raised that the list of people who are to be given targeted social assistance be published on the Internet.
“However, this initiative was not realized. Employment in some bodies needs to be as transparent as in the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of Population. Indeed there has been considerable progress since Salim Muslumov took over his position as head of this body, Hasanguliyev said, adding. “But absolute transparency is nowhere. Are we going to ensure transparency by cutting down on targeted social assistance? Quite the contrary, there will be serious dissatisfaction. I suggest that the criteria of minimum need be lowered to that of minimum living. It should be at least 135 manats. Families in districts have more social problems.”
There is a need to give social benefits to unemployed people to prevent possible discontent in society, the MP stressed.
Speaking at the meeting, MP Fazil Mustafa said that the unemployment rate is on the rise in Azerbaijan.
“The vast majority of citizens who have plots of lands cannot use them. They are also among the hidden unemployed people. Most of those who work in construction sector are also among them,” he said.
Mustafa called the growing unemployment a serious threat to the country’s national security.
“Unemployment leads to an increase in the number crimes and drug addicts. Therefore, the average monthly salary shouldn’t deceive us,” he said.
The MP also touched upon childcare costs in the country.
“Food and other necessities for a child are so expensive that a family can not meet them. Monthly expenditure per student exceeds 300 manats. Many parents can’t afford to treat their ill children,” he added.
Related news releases
- 29.03.2017Montenegrin President thanks US Senate for ratifying NATO accession
- 28.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Today we show example of how to govern a country
- 28.03.2017Four militants killed in raid in NE Bangladesh, death toll rises to 10
- 27.03.2017Deputy Chief of Azerbaijani Foreign Intelligence Service promoted to higher military rank of Major General
- 18.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Unlike many countries, last year we managed to maintain our foreign exchange reserves
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani president: If we acted under dictation of external powers, we would face great problems
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President joins Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani MP slams local banks for taking advantage of hardship faced by citizens
- 17.03.2017Burbulis: Russia, Azerbaijan enjoy co-op at all levels
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan president signs pardon order - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijani president: We overcame difficulties; there’ll be economic growth this year
- 16.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will connect not only countries but continents as well
- 13.03.2017German ambassador visits Azerbaijan’s north
- 13.03.2017Novruz Mammadov awarded Sharaf Order
- 11.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission approves 450 pleas
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijan Pardon Commission holds next meeting
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani MPs express dissatisfaction over distorted information on Wikipedia
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani MP stresses need to tighten bill on information security
- 10.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins next plenary meeting
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament postpones plenary session
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijan parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani MPs praise Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as first vice-president
- 07.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva: It was great honor for me to be an Azerbaijani MP
- 07.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins next plenary meeting
- 07.03.2017US navy ship forced to change course after Iranian attack vessels approach
- 06.03.2017CEC terminates Mehriban Aliyeva’s parliamentary powers
- 06.03.2017Azerbaijani government’s report for 2016 submitted to parliament
- 06.03.2017Mehman Huseynov arrested on concrete charges, attempts to politicize this issue inadmissible: Azerbaijani official
- 06.03.2017Two earthquakes recorded in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2017Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 62nd death anniversary
- 04.03.2017Members appointed of Observation Council of Youth Foundation under Azerbaijani President
- 01.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views special boarding school in Turkan
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament set to discuss bill on pension age rise on March 7
- 01.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for upcoming meeting
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani media reps: It’s inadmissible to spread disinformation of Armenian sources
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov’s books on genocide policy against Azerbaijanis presented
- 25.02.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment will contribute to Azerbaijani people, state in coming years
- 25.02.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds event on occasion of 25th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 08.12.2016Azerbaijan may increase retirement age - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.12.2016FM: Armenian side's statements are aimed at disrupting efforts of OSCE Minsk Group to settle Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.12.2016OSCE MG needs cardinal changes in its activity – Deputy PM
- 07.12.2016Unneeded state agencies be abolished, related ones merged, Azerbaijani MP suggests
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijani MP speaks out against utility price hikes
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan expects economic growth in next four years