Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 134th birth anniversary
January 31st marks the 134th birth anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade, one of the founding political leaders of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
Rasulzade was born in the Novkhani township, Baku on January 31, 1884.
He participated in the creation of an organization, called “Hummet”, with the social-democrats.
In 1909, under the persecution from Tsarist authorities, Rasulzade fled to Iran and began publishing newspaper Iran-e Nou, after suppression of the Constitutional Revolution he migrated to Turkey.
He joined the Musavat party in 1911 and four years later was elected Chairman of the Musavat Central Committee.
In 1918, jointly with Fatali Khan Khoiski, Rasulzde officially declared the first independent Republic in the East. He was arrested after Bolshevik Occupation on April 28, 1920. Under the order of Stalin, he was released and transferred from Azerbaijan to Russia. Despite Stalin’s insistence, he refused to cooperate with Soviet Authorities and left the USSR.
He died in Ankara on March 6, 1955.
On 24 December 1992, Azerbaijani President Abulfaz Elchibay issued an order on “Return of family members of well-known public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade that faced repressions during totalitarian soviet period to Azerbaijan and solution of the issues on their social conditions”.
On 29 December 1993, Azerbaijani President Heydar Aliyev issued an order on “marking the 110th anniversary of public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade”.
On 22 November 2013, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issued an order on marking the 130th anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade. Under the order, jubilee events are held in the country and abroad.
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Above 55,000 local observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.03.2018CEC: Over 300 int'l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers 4 exit poll organizations for presidential election
- 24.03.2018CEC registers four organizations seeking to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018Four organizations apply to CEC to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018CEC begins publishing voting bulletins for upcoming presidential elections
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Necessary measures underway to ensure participation of all voters in presidential election
- 22.03.2018Application time expires for organizations seeking accrediation to hold ‘exit-poll’ during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijan developing new bill on Border Troops
- 31.01.2018EU says cooperation with Azerbaijan entering new stage
- 31.01.2018Tofig Aghahuseynov awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 30.01.2018President: "There is no problem with the development of the country's economy"
- 29.01.2018Measures have to be taken for BTK railway to operate successfully - Azerbaijani president
- 29.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani population has increased by 1.5 million people over past 14 years