Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 133rd birth anniversary
January 31st marks the 133rd birth anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade, one of the founding political leaders of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
Rasulzade was born in the Novkhani township, Baku on January 31, 1884.
He participated in the foundation of an organization, called “Hummet”, with the social-democrats.
In 1909, under the persecution from Tsarist authorities, Rasulzade fled to Iran and began publishing its newspaper Iran-e Nou, after suppression of the Constitutional Revolution he migrated to Turkey.
He joined the Musavat party in 1911 and four years later was elected Chairman of the Musavat Central Committee.
In 1918, jointly with Fatali Khan Khoiski, Rasulzde officially declared the first independent Republic in the East. He was arrested after Bolshevik Occupation on April 28, 1920. Under the order of Stalin, he was released and transferred from Azerbaijan to Russia. Despite Stalin’s insistence, he refused to cooperate with Soviet Authorities and leaved USSR.
He died in Ankara on March 6, 1955.
On 24 December 1992, Azerbaijani President Abulfaz Elchibay issued an order on “Return of family members of well-known public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade that faced repressions during totalitarian soviet period to Azerbaijan and solution of the issues on their social conditions”.
On 29 December 1993, Azerbaijani President Heydar Aliyev issued an order on “marking the 110th anniversary of public figure Mammad Amin Rasulzade”.
On 22 November 2013, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev issued an order on marking the 130th anniversary of Mammad Amin Rasulzade. Under the order, jubilee events are held in the country and abroad.
Related news releases
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 22.09.2017Armenian MP: 'We have no security issues in Baku' - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs attending Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order
- 12.09.2017Fuad Alasgarov: Lapshin is free to choose where to go
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into case of persons accused of spying for Armenia
- 12.09.2017Turkmenistan prevents terror attack on ferry set to sail from Turkmenbashi to Baku
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan strips 151 people of citizenship for fighting for terrorist organizations
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Unethical remarks by Akif Ali about Lotfi Zadeh unacceptable
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehman Aliyev appealed to president
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Jalilabad district for visit
- 02.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins autumn session
- 29.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends Eid al-Adha congratulations to the nation
- 29.08.2017Pakistan summons Indian envoy over mortar incident
- 28.08.2017Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25.08.2017New Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR appointed
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Qarabag victory is an important event in promotion of Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: New page opened in Azerbaijan’s football history
- 24.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FC Qarabag squad
- 24.08.2017FC Qarabag return home after historic success
- 01.02.2017Official Exchange Rates
- 01.02.2017Compositions of two Azerbaijani parliamentary commissions reformed
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijani parliament’s spring session begins
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president warns officials
- 30.01.2017President: Strong business sector created in Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani people will return to their ancestral lands - Ilham Aliyev