“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
He said that the observation mission was supposed to observe and to give an objective assessment.
"But, unfortunately, we have probably witnessed a pre-election text read out to the media in a bid to overshadow the democratic election in our country. This is not befitting for missions of serious institutions such as the OSCE and the PACE. Azerbaijani journalists’ questions were left unanswered during the press conference. No arguments were given for the critical remarks voiced. That's why it was more like a pre-planned political show. Any ideas voiced in such events should be brought to light through facts. Instead, we witnessed those observation missions making a manipulative attempt,” he added.
The MP noted that these observation missions tried to present themselves as friends of the Azerbaijani people.
"But in reality, they have disrespected the will of the Azerbaijani people, 86.03 percent of whom voted for Ilham Aliyev. In that case, there is no need to pretend to be friends of the Azerbaijani people, rather than to accept the people’s will. By accepting this will, you can become a friend of the Azerbaijani people. The mission, despite speaking of the freedoms of speech and the press, did not respect the Azerbaijani media by not answering any questions. It also showed that, in fact, this mission was engaged in simulation over the past period. Based on previously accepted decisions, they failed to objectively assess the democratic election by the Azerbaijani people. That’s regrettable,” Babaoghlu said.
Editor-in-chief of the “Iki sahil” newspaper Vugar Rahimzade told APA that the statements voiced by members of the OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE observation missions are biased and do not correspond to reality.
“They approach to the issue with Bolshevik thinking. I was at that event. They touched upon a number of issues related to the election, claiming that there was no competitive atmosphere in the election. These opinions do not reflect reality. At this event, they voiced opinions that contradict the will of the Azerbaijani people. They ignore democratic steps taken in Azerbaijan and make statements that meet the interests of anti-Azerbaijan, pro-Armenian forces. They do not express their attitude towards violations in elections in Armenia and other countries, they show an unfair attitude to the great work done in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani people made their choice. These people are against the choice and will of the Azerbaijani people. This is unacceptable,” he said.
"As in many cases, this time PACE again came under the influence of the OSCE ODIHR. I would like to note that 894 international observers from 61 organizations and 59 countries monitored the presidential election in Azerbaijan. Most of these observers, with the exception of the OSCE and PACE, confirmed that the presidential election in Azerbaijan was another step in the field of democracy, and that the election was held transparently. The OSCE ODIHR observers always come to Azerbaijan with pre-prepared statements. The OSCE ODIHR implements the orders of their higher-level patrons, and they try to overshadow the new stage of democracy building in Azerbaijan. 86.03 percent of the Azerbaijani population voted for Ilham Aliyev. They voted for today’s stability, security and development. Unfortunately, these organizations continue to take a biased position on Azerbaijan,” he added.
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation