“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
He said that the observation mission was supposed to observe and to give an objective assessment.
"But, unfortunately, we have probably witnessed a pre-election text read out to the media in a bid to overshadow the democratic election in our country. This is not befitting for missions of serious institutions such as the OSCE and the PACE. Azerbaijani journalists’ questions were left unanswered during the press conference. No arguments were given for the critical remarks voiced. That's why it was more like a pre-planned political show. Any ideas voiced in such events should be brought to light through facts. Instead, we witnessed those observation missions making a manipulative attempt,” he added.
The MP noted that these observation missions tried to present themselves as friends of the Azerbaijani people.
"But in reality, they have disrespected the will of the Azerbaijani people, 86.03 percent of whom voted for Ilham Aliyev. In that case, there is no need to pretend to be friends of the Azerbaijani people, rather than to accept the people’s will. By accepting this will, you can become a friend of the Azerbaijani people. The mission, despite speaking of the freedoms of speech and the press, did not respect the Azerbaijani media by not answering any questions. It also showed that, in fact, this mission was engaged in simulation over the past period. Based on previously accepted decisions, they failed to objectively assess the democratic election by the Azerbaijani people. That’s regrettable,” Babaoghlu said.
Editor-in-chief of the “Iki sahil” newspaper Vugar Rahimzade told APA that the statements voiced by members of the OSCE ODIHR, OSCE PA and PACE observation missions are biased and do not correspond to reality.
“They approach to the issue with Bolshevik thinking. I was at that event. They touched upon a number of issues related to the election, claiming that there was no competitive atmosphere in the election. These opinions do not reflect reality. At this event, they voiced opinions that contradict the will of the Azerbaijani people. They ignore democratic steps taken in Azerbaijan and make statements that meet the interests of anti-Azerbaijan, pro-Armenian forces. They do not express their attitude towards violations in elections in Armenia and other countries, they show an unfair attitude to the great work done in Azerbaijan. The Azerbaijani people made their choice. These people are against the choice and will of the Azerbaijani people. This is unacceptable,” he said.
"As in many cases, this time PACE again came under the influence of the OSCE ODIHR. I would like to note that 894 international observers from 61 organizations and 59 countries monitored the presidential election in Azerbaijan. Most of these observers, with the exception of the OSCE and PACE, confirmed that the presidential election in Azerbaijan was another step in the field of democracy, and that the election was held transparently. The OSCE ODIHR observers always come to Azerbaijan with pre-prepared statements. The OSCE ODIHR implements the orders of their higher-level patrons, and they try to overshadow the new stage of democracy building in Azerbaijan. 86.03 percent of the Azerbaijani population voted for Ilham Aliyev. They voted for today’s stability, security and development. Unfortunately, these organizations continue to take a biased position on Azerbaijan,” he added.
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation