SCO reps express satisfaction with ongoing electoral process in Azerbaijan
Representatives of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), who are observing the presidential election in Azerbaijan, have expressed satisfaction with the ongoing electoral process in the country.
Daniyar Chirkeev, representative of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Kazakhstan said that they launched their observation mission in the historical Azerbaijani city of Ganja at 8:00 am (local time).
“Azerbaijani voters are active in the presidential election. The voters' mood is high. In general, elections are a great historical event, which can be called a holiday,” he noted.
Bakhtiyar Kadyrov, SCO representative in Kyrgyzstan said he is observing a remarkable event.
“We launched our observation mission three days ago. We have been in Ganja for two days. Work done at polling stations is in line with the electoral legislation. Azerbaijani citizens are participating in an important process. Azerbaijan is developing. We saw a healthy competition between the presidential candidates,” he said.
The presidential election runs in accordance with law, the SCO representative added.
Azerbaijan is holding presidential election today, on April 11. Eight candidates are registered for participating in the elections.
On the voting day, 5,426 permanent polling stations and 215 temporary polling stations in 125 constituencies are operating in the country.
The election is observed by 894 international observers and 58,175 local observers.
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 11.04.2018Member of Monaco Parliament: No violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election: CEC hotline receives 11 calls
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman votes in presidential election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani citizens in Russia active in presidential election – ambassador
- 11.04.2018Presidential candidate Zahid Oruj casts vote in election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals voter turnout in presidential election as of 12:00