SCO reps express satisfaction with ongoing electoral process in Azerbaijan
Representatives of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), who are observing the presidential election in Azerbaijan, have expressed satisfaction with the ongoing electoral process in the country.
Daniyar Chirkeev, representative of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Kazakhstan said that they launched their observation mission in the historical Azerbaijani city of Ganja at 8:00 am (local time).
“Azerbaijani voters are active in the presidential election. The voters' mood is high. In general, elections are a great historical event, which can be called a holiday,” he noted.
Bakhtiyar Kadyrov, SCO representative in Kyrgyzstan said he is observing a remarkable event.
“We launched our observation mission three days ago. We have been in Ganja for two days. Work done at polling stations is in line with the electoral legislation. Azerbaijani citizens are participating in an important process. Azerbaijan is developing. We saw a healthy competition between the presidential candidates,” he said.
The presidential election runs in accordance with law, the SCO representative added.
Azerbaijan is holding presidential election today, on April 11. Eight candidates are registered for participating in the elections.
On the voting day, 5,426 permanent polling stations and 215 temporary polling stations in 125 constituencies are operating in the country.
The election is observed by 894 international observers and 58,175 local observers.
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 11.04.2018Member of Monaco Parliament: No violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan presidential election: CEC hotline receives 11 calls
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman votes in presidential election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani citizens in Russia active in presidential election – ambassador
- 11.04.2018Presidential candidate Zahid Oruj casts vote in election
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan reveals voter turnout in presidential election as of 12:00