Ramiz Mehdiyev: Those guilty of crimes in Azerbaijan later join anti-Azerbaijani campaigns abroad
Unfortunately, those guilty of grave crimes in Azerbaijan later go abroad and join smear campaigns against the country, Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev told reporters on Wednesday, APA reports.
“These people take such steps because of the lack of high culture. I strongly condemn such cases,” he added.
Mehdiyev noted that normal people should not take this path.
“There is opposition within the country. There are also people who are abroad and try to blacken and defame Azerbaijan. No representatives of any nation should take this path. Many problems in the economic and social spheres have been solved in Azerbaijan. Therefore, the high voter turnout in the election is natural,” he added.
The PA head said sometimes people guilty of grave crimes in Azerbaijan flee the country.
“In foreign countries they begin to criticize Azerbaijan. Of course, this is not good. Such people resort to these actions because of the lack of culture and education,” he noted.
Azerbaijan is holding presidential election today, on April 11. Eight candidates are registered for participating in the election.
The election is observed by 894 international observers and 58,175 local observers.
The voting will end at 19:00 local time.
Related news releases
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 11.04.2018MFA: High voter turnout at Azerbaijan’s diplomatic missions abroad
- 11.04.2018Irish observer: Presidential election in Azerbaijan in line with international standards
- 11.04.2018Associated Press devotes article to Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 11.04.2018Ramiz Mehdiyev: Presidential election in Azerbaijan organized at high-level
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijan had rapidly developed over past 15 years – PA head
- 11.04.2018CEC: Some forces disseminate disinformation to overshadow transparency of voting in Azerbaijan