Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan applying new rules for conditional release of inmates serving life sentences
- 25.09.2017Azerbaijan may reintroduce previously abrogated punishment
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 23.05.2014PACE Standing Committee meeting in Azerbaijan ends
- 23.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens punishments of persons committing assassination against judges
- 23.05.2014New party being established in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of imprisonment for genocide and destruction of population up to 20 years
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens rules on protection of state secret
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of sentence for attempt on life of state or public authority up to 20 years