Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 23.08.2016Ali Huseynli: Cabinet of Ministers never seen heading reforms
- 22.08.201616 years pass since Abulfaz Elchibey’s death
- 21.08.2016Novruz Mammadov: "All followers of FETO to be identified in Azerbaijan"
- 18.08.2016Azerbaijan announces statistics on election violations during past 14 years
- 18.08.2016Oruj Zalov: No unauthorized rally or piquet to be allowed prior to referendum
- 18.08.2016Rustam Usubov: Some try to tarnish referendum, such cases must be prevented
- 18.08.2016PA deputy head: Interested sides may have provocative intentions, we must stand ready to prevent them
- 18.08.2016CEC chairman: Referendum aimed at protecting stability in Azerbaijan
- 15.08.2016Criminal case launched against Fethullah Gulen's supporters
- 13.08.2016Executive Secretary of REAL movement Natig Jafarli arrested
- 12.08.2016New Azerbaijan submits signatures to CEC
- 11.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan's further development will be sustainable"
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev viewed Olympic Sport Complex in Ismayilli after major overhaul
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of bicycle factory in Ismayilli - UPDATED
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of newly reconstructed Qaramaryam-Ismayilli highway
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of orphanage-kindergarten in Ismayilli
- 10.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Gabala district for visit
- 10.08.2016US gun rights defenders could deal with Clinton: Trump
- 08.08.2016Printing of ballots started in regard to referendum to be held in Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2016Azerbaijani president approves amendment to law "on citizenship of the Republic of Azerbaijan"
- 04.08.2016ATUC and 24 NGOs created initiative group in connection with referendum
- 03.08.2016Deputy Health minister of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 03.08.2016CEC: Voters' lists are almost ready for high-level referendum
- 01.08.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces initiative group on referendum
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ANS says will appeal to relevant authorities against judgment on license cancellation
- 29.07.2016Iran to export Russian gas to Georgia via Armenia
- 29.07.2016Azerbaijan’s ruling party creates initiative groups on referendum
- 28.07.2016Currency traders disclose reason for decline in Azerbaijani manat
- 28.07.2016Pope Francis trips as he arrives for Mass in Poland
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani deputy PM: Age limit removal doesn’t mean that 18-year-old citizen must be elected MP
- 28.07.2016Revolutions, wars in Middle East pose serious challenges to Azerbaijan: deputy PM
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijan announces date of pre-referendum campaign
- 28.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC creates working group for referendum on constitutional reforms
- 27.07.2016Azerbaijani CEC: Results of referendum on constitutional amendments to be announced before Oct.21
- 26.07.2016Azerbaijan to hold referendum on constitutional amendments on Sept. 26
- 26.07.2016Normalization of Turkey-Armenia relations possible after liberation of Azerbaijani lands, says ambassador
- 26.07.2016International Bank of Azerbaijan unable to return Israeli company’s deposits
- 25.07.2016Milikh Yevdayev awarded Shohrat order
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani vice-speaker: Draft Referendum Act envisages cases in which parliament can be dissolved
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani president to set date for referendum on constitutional amendments
- 23.05.2014PACE Standing Committee meeting in Azerbaijan ends
- 23.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens punishments of persons committing assassination against judges
- 23.05.2014New party being established in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of imprisonment for genocide and destruction of population up to 20 years
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens rules on protection of state secret
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of sentence for attempt on life of state or public authority up to 20 years