Ramiz Mehdiyev: "Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony"
Baku-APA. “I would like to thank all those who have felt it necessary to express their attitude to the position of Ambassador Morningstar set out in this interview. This is a truly civic position of our people”, - Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, academician Ramiz Mehdiyev said in his interview to AzerTAj, APA reports.
Ramiz Mehdiyev noted that interview of U.S. Ambassador is surprising: “Interview of U.S. Ambassador is at least surprising on background of aggravated geopolitical processes in the world and the former Soviet Union because of the West. I hesitate to say yet what the motives and reasons prompted him to give such an interview and voice as incorrect in terms of diplomatic etiquette thoughts. It was a gross interference in the internal affairs of the country. In any case, this is not and can not be justified. Once again I want to emphasize that the views expressed by the ambassador, in fact, is an open and direct intervention in the internal affairs of the host country, which is inadmissible in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is more reminiscent of dictate and imposes their views to an independent state: “Ambassador Morningstar should not forget that Azerbaijan is self-sufficient country, not someone else's colony".
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted that as an Ambassador Morningstar simply obliged to respect the sovereignty of the host country: “Incidentally, this is directly related to the ambassadors of some western countries that try to act like the U.S. ambassador. We are not going to tolerate disrespect to Azerbaijan”.
R. Mehdiyev recalled that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has repeatedly said that he does not intend to tolerate careless and disrespectful attitude neither towards Azerbaijan nor to Azerbaijani people. “I believe that our American colleagues are well aware of the position of the government. If the U.S. ambassador, in spite of everything allows such rude manners against Azerbaijan, so he has serious problems with his status. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that Ambassador Morningstar impermissible form for a diplomat trying to dictate, interfering in the internal affairs of our country , which puts under question his professionalism as a diplomat”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA noted another important fact is the statements of ambassador said about Azerbaijan's neighbors. “Such statements are nothing as pure provocation. Azerbaijan supports and will always support good relations with its neighbors, regardless of the wishes of the third forces. And the current situation in the world once again proves the correctness and rationality of our actions”.
R. Mehdiyev also emphasized that the tone of the interview is unacceptable: “From the context of this interview, I can say that ambassador has overstep the limits. He imagines himself as a governor who rules Azerbaijan, shouting”.
Head of the Azerbaijani PA said that very many prominent experts, including American, believe that in modern Washington's foreign policy are obvious elements of the crisis, and the statement of Mr. Kerri - U.S. Secretary of State about the need of conceptual change in this area only confirms this. “Morningstar certainly did not catch the new political trends in the world.
Obviously, Ambassador Morningstar worldview and those who directly supervises its activity is stuck in the past and is in contradiction with the times. Multipolar world advises against colonial thinking.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan Judicial Council to get new powers
- 20.10.2016Hollande: "Normandy Four ministers to start preparing Donbass election in next few days"
- 19.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghstafa district for visit
- 19.10.2016Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s next meeting
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan parl’t vice-speaker awarded order "For Service to Motherland"
- 18.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: No plans to change date of presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Armenia continues to break ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan celebrates 25th anniversary of independence
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijan has been passing through period of unprecedented economic growth since 2003
- 17.10.2016President: Azerbaijani Army among world’s strongest armies
- 17.10.2016Betrayed by APFP-Musavat alliance, Azerbaijan was at risk of losing independence – Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s energy policy highly appreciated by int’l community
- 17.10.2016Heydar Aliyev – founder of Azerbaijan’s independence, says Ilham Aliyev
- 17.10.2016Official reception held to mark 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 15.10.2016The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Azerbaijan commented on the reports about protests against the actions of the traffic police in Goychay
- 15.10.2016101 gangs arrested in Baku this year
- 15.10.2016Ali Ahmadov: Azerbaijan’s independence was initially based on not-so-right postulate
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani national currency should bear image of Heydar Aliyev, says MP
- 14.10.2016Investors implementing investment projects in accordance with BOT model won’t pay duty
- 14.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament starts next plenary meeting
- 14.10.2016New volume of "Ilham Aliyev. Development is our goal" book published
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani MP: Prohibition to apply to persons who will study religion abroad after adoption of law
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments providing punishment for attempts to impede operations against religious extremism
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijan to tighten penalties for attempts to change power and Constitution on religious grounds
- 13.10.2016Azerbaijani parliament to discuss proposals to ban religious propaganda in public places
- 13.10.2016Fighting in Central African Republic kills at least 23
- 12.10.2016Case of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-officials sent to court
- 12.10.2016Azerbaijani president signs order on developing draft legal acts on Referendum Act’s entry into force
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan to solemnly celebrate 25th anniversary of its independence
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC approves referendum results
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijani CEC cancels referendum results in three polling stations
- 11.10.2016CEC: Azerbaijan on par with leading European countries in terms of election
- 11.10.2016Azerbaijan CEC sums up referendum results
- 10.10.2016Azerbaijan to wrap up referendum vote count on Oct. 11
- 08.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: “Local products should be substantially cheaper than imported”
- 08.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Artificial increase in prices should not be allowed" - UPDATED
- 07.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan continues to develop successfully
- 07.10.2016Referendum in Azerbaijan was democratic, fair and fully transparent – president
- 07.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: European Parliament still regrets its anti-Azerbaijani actions
- 07.10.2016Top Azerbaijani official: Int’l community has forgotten int’l law
- 23.05.2014PACE Standing Committee meeting in Azerbaijan ends
- 23.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens punishments of persons committing assassination against judges
- 23.05.2014New party being established in Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of imprisonment for genocide and destruction of population up to 20 years
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan tightens rules on protection of state secret
- 22.05.2014Azerbaijan to extend term of sentence for attempt on life of state or public authority up to 20 years