“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
Worldwide football officials can never allow the success of “Qarabağ” football club of Azerbaijan in UEFA Champions League. Thus, for over 25 years, all international organizations, international community, and power centers strive for creating a wrong opinion on the international community, describing the occupation of Azerbaijani territories as a disputed territory with formulation of “conflict”. Injustice I faced during my activity within international organizations allows me to make such a conclusion. Therefore, I would like to briefly inform highly professional Qarabağ FK players, trainers, as well as readers about some issues I faced in international organizations.
On June 24, 2014, I submitted a motion on the “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” together with a group of PACE members to PACE Secretariat. It was the first time when the formulation of “Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” in the motion was used in official documents. Therefore, there was an unprecedented struggle regarding the appointment of rapporteur on the report in PACE Political Affairs Committee, Bureau, and plenary session. The main reason of this struggle was the title of draft resolution: “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan”. This name virtually destroyed long-term aggressive policy of Armenians and Armenian state. Following the call of Armenian state and Armenian lobby, OSCE Minsk Group, which “deals with” Karabakh problem, power centers, all international organizations and NGOs, 45 CoE member states, except Turkey united to prevent this report, guided by religious factor. Prominent Christian politicians, civil servants, religion, cultural and art figures, singers, even sportsmen united for helping their religious brother – Armenians and the aggressive state. Consequently, despite our struggle for a year and half and our victory on the approval of rapporteur in the Committee and Bureau, the report was rejected with 4 votes (66 in favor, 70 against, 45 abstention) during PACE winter plenary session on January 26, 2016.
The report on Sarsang reservoir titled “Inhabitants of frontier regions of Azerbaijan are deliberately deprived of water” based on my motion was also heard at the same plenary session. This report also reflected the occupation of Nagorno Karabakh and other territories of Azerbaijan by armed Armenian forces. However, the enemy couldn’t win this struggle. I referred to this resolution due to the fact that it is possible to gain a victory thanks to constant determination of struggle despite all attacks and obstacles. I believe that “Qarabağ” FK is also capable of highest victories thanks to its determination.
We had the only goal for both reports: to expose aggressive Armenian policy and to document the occupation of Azerbaijani territories namely by Armenian state. The obstacles regarding the report on the “Escalation of tension in Nagorno Karabakh and other occupied territories of Azerbaijan” by rapporteur Robert Walter and the final vote result is similar to defeat of Azerbaijani “Qarabağ” FK to “Chelsea” during UEFA Champions League: 0:4. This is not a metaphor, this is a bitter truth, as the participation of Azerbaijani “Qarabağ” FK in UEFA Champions League and its performance with grand football clubs of countries, such as England, Spain, and Italy before multiple football fans is an obstacle to Armenian policy of the occupation of Azerbaijani territories. Participation of “Qarabağ” FK in this respected league is not only our country’s success in football, but also a platform to bring the Azerbaijan realities, the occupation of Azerbaijani territories by the Armenian state, and Karabakh’s being the land of Azerbaijan to the attention of international community. However, this serves to destroying the policy carried out by power centers and international organizations in favor of Armenia. As “Qarabağ” FK moves forward, millions of people learn that Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan. Therefore, the pro-Armenian international community, which forbids the use of wording “Nagorno-Karabakh of Azerbaijan”, couldn’t let “Qarabağ” FK win.
It’s not an exception that the referees’ unprecedented injustice and hatred against our club in last three matches of “Qarabağ” FK are namely the political order given by power centers. Clear and purposeful strategy was prepared to prevent “Qarabağ”’s victory. Facts emerging from the recent matches are part of this strategy. Showing red cards to Dino Ndlovu and Pedro Henrique Konzen, the strongest players of club and banning them from next two matches, and showing red card to Rashad Sadygov and at the same time awarding two penalties in the last match are the obvious examples of this strategy.
All these facts emerged unreasonably and were a sign of bias and hatred. This was not a victory of world-famous Chelsea FC over “Qarabağ” FK, but a victory of the referee with full of hatred and malice. This politicized defeat was not a defeat of “Qarabağ” FK, but hypocrisy of the European democracy.
Dear Mr. Gurban Gurbanov and players of “Qarabağ” FK,
You should take into account that under the name of “Qarabağ” FK You are leading a powerful propaganda machine that brings the fact of occupation of Nagorno-Karabakh and other territories of Azerbaijan to the attention of world community. Popularity of your team and victories make it difficult for the international organizations to defend aggressor Armenia. You should be ready for pressures and hatred of the referees, who work under the instructions of Christian community, against the Muslim country and should not lose your determination of struggle. Our occupied territories may be returned to Azerbaijan only when Azerbaijan wins the information war. By demonstrating the greatest games, “Qarabağ” FK becomes a carrier of the most powerful information missile in the world.
I wish You and team players tolerance and determination!
MP of Shamakhi
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order