President Ilham Aliyev receives EITI board chairman - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Chair of the Board of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) Fredrik Reinfeldt.
The head of state noted that the visit of Chair of the Board of Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative Fredrik Reinfeldt to the country paves the way for broad discussion of the Azerbaijan-EITI cooperation issues. He said that Azerbaijan was one of the first countries to join this initiative.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with pleasure his participation in the first EITI meeting which was held in London. The head of state pointed to the fact that Azerbaijan had made a decision to join this process years before the country achieved significant financial resources from the oil sector. The head of state noted that in order to study the experience, the Azerbaijani delegations were sent to the countries which have sovereign funds at that time. President Ilham Aliyev noted with satisfaction that the State Oil Fund of the Republic of Azerbaijan received the 2007 UN Public Service Award in the category of "Improving transparency, accountability and responsiveness in the Public Service".
Fredrik Reinfeldt emphasized that Azerbaijan was one of the first countries to join the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative. He hailed the country's long-term cooperation with this organization and its great achievements in this sphere. The Chair of the EITI Board noted that reports announced by the country meet the requirements of the organization.
Azerbaijan's commitment to the continuation of the cooperation with Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative was once again hailed. They exchanged views on implementation of all the necessary measures to restore Azerbaijan's status of a full-fledged member of this organization in the coming years.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijani MP seeks document on right to inherit Irevan
- 03.02.2017Trial resumed of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official
- 04.02.20179 dismissed from prosecuting bodies last year
- 01.02.2017Numerous political parties still fail to submit financial statements, says Azerbaijani MP
- 01.02.2017Azerbaijan parl’t speaker denies reports of non-payment of compensation to owners of demolished properties
- 01.02.2017Trump's decision paves way for rise of Islamophobia: Azerbaijani MP