President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev arrived in the country’s Aghjabadi district on November 28.
The head of state laid flowers at a statue of the national leader in the Heydar Aliyev Park in the center of the city of Aghjabadi.
Head of Aghjabadi District Executive Authority Shahin Mammadov informed President Ilham Aliyev of the landscaping work carried out around the statue and in the district.
Then the president attended the opening of Museum of History and Local Lore in Aghjabadi after renovation.
President Ilham Aliyev viewed conditions created in the museum.
The museum was built in 1980. The renovated two-storey building houses administrative rooms, a 60-seat conference hall, and exhibition halls.
There are photo sections here depicting national leader Heydar Aliyev`s, and President Ilham Aliyev's visits to Aghjabadi district.
The museum features a total of 4,782 exhibits, 360 of which are being displayed at the exhibition hall.
As part of his visit to Aghjabadi district, President Ilham Aliyev also attended the opening of Flag Museum.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the museum, and then toured it.
The museum’s collection features the map of the khanate period in Azerbaijan, medieval warriors` clothing, flags of different states that existed in the territory of Azerbaijan, coats of arms of Azerbaijani cities dating back to the 19th century, ancient coins, documents relating to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic, constitutions of Azerbaijan SSR and independent Republic of Azerbaijan, state attributes, photos of President Ilham Aliyev’s inauguration, as well as different postage stamps, orders and medals.
The museum has an auditorium, several conference halls, electronic library and other administrative rooms.
Related news releases
- 24.03.2018Four organizations apply to CEC to hold “exit-poll” during presidential elections
- 24.03.2018CEC begins publishing voting bulletins for upcoming presidential elections
- 23.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Necessary measures underway to ensure participation of all voters in presidential election
- 22.03.2018Application time expires for organizations seeking accrediation to hold ‘exit-poll’ during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan: Free airtime for presidential candidates allocated by draw
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijan sees 12% increase in foreign visitor arrivals since early 2018 – president
- 19.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan to become important transportation hub in Eurasia
- 19.03.2018Top official specifies media’s main duties and obligations in respect of Azerbaijan presidential election
- 19.03.2018EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee holds 5th meeting
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev joins nationwide Novruz festivities in Baku
- 17.03.2018115 int’l observers registered at CEC to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 17.03.2018Presidential candidates granted 6-hour airtime per week: CEC
- 16.03.2018Parliamentary speaker: Solution to dollar loan problems of Azerbaijani population being considered
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves government’s annual report
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes increasing compensation for demolished houses in Sovetsky
- 16.03.2018PM Artur Rasizade presenting government’s annual report at parliament
- 16.03.2018Reception was hosted for participants of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018The name of the head of the PACE observation mission at the elections in Azerbaijan is known
- 15.03.2018New deputy chairman of Azerbaijani State Committee for Work with Diaspora appointed - EXCLUSIVE
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Founders of ADR would be proud of today’s Azerbaijan
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan plays stabilizing role in region – president
- 15.03.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan among world leaders in terms of poverty, unemployment level
- 15.03.20186th Global Baku Forum kicks off
- 14.03.2018Isa Gambar discharged from Ankara hospital
- 14.03.2018Nazim Ibrahimov: Global Baku Forum to ruin anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 13.03.2018Five approved presidential candidates in Azerbaijan fail to submit voter signatures to CEC
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets OSCE PA delegation
- 13.03.2018UK: 2 in hospital after suspicious package at MP office
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold session dedicated to centenary of March 31 Genocide
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan invests $482M in Georgia last year
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of Penitentiary Service and Main Medical Department of Justice Ministry
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev increases salaries of employees of State Customs Committee
- 10.03.2018About 1,500 people attend National Council’s rally
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to hold media event
- 10.03.2018CEC: 21 international, over 22,000 local observers registered for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC registers three more presidential candidates
- 10.03.2018Azerbaijan to set up 41 polling stations abroad for presidential election
- 10.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Nobody can ever defeat Azerbaijani state
- 10.03.2018Four arrested after balcony protest at Iranian embassy in London
- 09.03.2018Head of OSCE/ODIHR Election Observation Mission received at CEC
- 02.03.2018Oldest voter in Azerbaijan is 124 years old
- 02.03.2018Azerbaijani CEC: Over 5.3 million voting bulletins to be printed for presidential election
- 03.03.2018Onur Oymen: Armenian president's remarks on protocols were like 'funeral' - INTERVIEW
- 02.03.2018Tehran says UN chief’s reports have no values in eyes of Islamic Republic
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan records rise in number of voters
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan announces exact number of voters ahead of presidential election