President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev congratulated the Azerbaijanis worldwide.
The president conveyed his best wishes regarding the December 31 date - the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis, which epitomizes such noble feelings as national unity and love of the Motherland.
“The fact that all our compatriots whose hearts always beat with a sense of love for their native land are attached to the Motherland, to national and spiritual values, and the further strengthening of their ties with Azerbaijan are always in the spotlight for our state. The consistent measures based on the ideology of Azerbaijanism put forward by national leader Heydar Aliyev have given an impetus to even closer unity of our compatriots living abroad, have significantly strengthened the role of Diaspora organizations in developing the mutually beneficial relations between our country and states of the world,” said Ilham Aliyev.
The president went on to say that today Azerbaijan has great economic, political and cultural potential.
"This potential opens up ample opportunities for us to adequately respond to the complex challenges of the time. Our country, which confidently continues its path as an independent state, has eliminated the impacts of the global financial and economic crisis, established sustainable social and economic development, and ensured sustainable social and political stability,” noted President Aliyev.
“We have made great strides in the implementation of transnational projects we have initiated ourselves. The signing of an agreement to extend the Contract of the Century with giant oil companies until 2050, the commissioning of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, and the completion of work on the section of the North-South transport corridor passing through our country have contributed to the progress of our republic and the welfare of our people, and enhanced the geostrategic importance of Azerbaijan in the world,” he added.
“The consistent and resolute position of our state in promoting intercultural dialogue and addressing universal human problems is approved on the international scene. The declaration of 2017 as a Year of Islamic Solidarity in our country, the successful hosting of the Fourth World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue and the Fourth Games of Islamic Solidarity have once again demonstrated to the whole world Azerbaijan’s commitment to multiculturalism and the traditions of tolerance,” said the president.
“We persistently strive to achieve the set goals for the comprehensive development of our Motherland. Diaspora organizations also face important tasks of expanding the international relations of our country, promoting our ancient and rich culture and suppressing provocative actions against Azerbaijan," President Aliyev said.
"Therefore, our compatriots living abroad should closely rally around the idea of Azerbaijanism in the name of protecting our national interests. I believe that your focused and joint activity will multiply our strength and make a weighty contribution to the speedy settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict that worries us all, and restore the territorial integrity of our country,” noted the head of state.
“I wish you a strong will and organization on this path, and happiness and prosperity in your personal lives. Happy holidays!” added President Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani CEC starts preparations for presidential election
- 20.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to 20 January martyrs
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 28th anniversary of 20 January Tragedy
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces number of its members
- 18.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 18.01.2018Isa Gambar discharged from hospital
- 17.01.2018One of presidential aide positions abolished in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018New appointment made in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 17.01.2018Isa Gambar to stay under medical supervision for a time, cardiologist says
- 13.01.2018Isa Gambar hospitalized for heart problem
- 13.01.2018Office of OSCE Representative on Freedom of Media should avoid taking tendentious approach toward Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 28th anniversary of January tragedy
- 11.01.2018Draft law on implementation by Azerbaijan of int'l organizations’ decisions to be tabled in parliament again
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to declare 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan witnessed successful, rapid development in 2017
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev declares 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’
- 10.01.2018Grandson of famous Azerbaijani intellectual Ahmed bey Agaoglu passes away
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament denies reports of increase in MP salaries
- 04.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends Christmas congratulations to Azerbaijan’s Orthodox Christian community
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament not to discuss issue of electing new ombudsperson during spring session
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan approves plan of events to commemorate 28th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 02.01.2018The Azerbaijani MFA expresses its attitude towards the events in Iran
- 02.01.2018Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s first plenary meeting in 2018
- 01.01.2018Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up last plenary meeting in 2017
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani Parliament to mark 100th anniversary
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 23.12.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: For Azerbaijan, Islamic solidarity is not only an idea but also a priority
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani to hold presidential election on 17 October 2018
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends int’l conference dedicated to Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 20.12.2017Survey: 85.2% of respondents will vote for President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.12.2017Georgia to pay special attention to teaching state language in regions with ethnic minorities
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex