President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Ramadan
The congratulation letter reads:
I congratulate you and all our compatriots living in different parts of the world on the occasion of Ramadan Holiday and wish you all the best. The month of Ramadan, in which the holy Koran was heaven-sent, demonstrates the triumph of unity and equality, kindness and charity among people, attachment to the Creator and divine wisdom. During this month, Muslims have the opportunity to fulfill their duty to Allah and religion, experience the joy of good deeds, feelings, mercy and compassion, victory of spiritual and moral perfection over temptation.
Azerbaijan has always been one of the historical and cultural centers of the Muslim world. Our people have remained true to their religion, national and spiritual values for centuries. The freedoms of conscience and religion in our independent republic are guaranteed under national and international law, complex measures have been taken to promote our national and spiritual values. I would like to note with pleasure that overhaul of historical-religious monuments, which are the rare pearls of Islamic culture, has continued in a sustainable manner. This year, the first Muslim temple of the South Caucasus – Shamakhi Juma mosque has been reconstructed and opened for believers.
The Month of Ramadan, which enlightens hearts with divine wisdom of people, is nearing its end. Our citizens who have proudly coped with the test of fasting these days sincerely share their festive joy. Wishes of prosperity and progress for our people and the state are expressed, prayers offered for the repose of the immortal souls of our martyrs.
Dear brothers and sisters!
We are seeing off the Month of Ramadan, solemnity of humanism, brotherhood and solidarity, with great pride and pleasure. On this holy day, I share all your benevolent prayers and wish your families happiness and your homes abundance and prosperity.
May Allah accept your fasting!’
Related news releases
- 24.10.2017Turkish soldier martyred in PKK attack
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 08.08.2013Ilham Aliyev: "It depends a lot on the position of Azerbaijan in the region"
- 08.08.2013Highway crash kills 11 in Peru
- 10.08.2013Azerbaijan’s Central Election Commission confirms Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 07.08.2013Russian President spokesman comments on Rustam Ibrahimbeyov’s application regarding renunciation of citizenship - EXCLUSIVE
- 07.08.2013Azerbaijani President starts visit to Kurdamir region
- 06.08.2013New Azerbaijan Party submits to CEC documents on Ilham Aliyev's candidacy for presidency