President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on occasion of Ramadan
The congratulation letter reads:
I congratulate you and all our compatriots living in different parts of the world on the occasion of Ramadan Holiday and wish you all the best. The month of Ramadan, in which the holy Koran was heaven-sent, demonstrates the triumph of unity and equality, kindness and charity among people, attachment to the Creator and divine wisdom. During this month, Muslims have the opportunity to fulfill their duty to Allah and religion, experience the joy of good deeds, feelings, mercy and compassion, victory of spiritual and moral perfection over temptation.
Azerbaijan has always been one of the historical and cultural centers of the Muslim world. Our people have remained true to their religion, national and spiritual values for centuries. The freedoms of conscience and religion in our independent republic are guaranteed under national and international law, complex measures have been taken to promote our national and spiritual values. I would like to note with pleasure that overhaul of historical-religious monuments, which are the rare pearls of Islamic culture, has continued in a sustainable manner. This year, the first Muslim temple of the South Caucasus – Shamakhi Juma mosque has been reconstructed and opened for believers.
The Month of Ramadan, which enlightens hearts with divine wisdom of people, is nearing its end. Our citizens who have proudly coped with the test of fasting these days sincerely share their festive joy. Wishes of prosperity and progress for our people and the state are expressed, prayers offered for the repose of the immortal souls of our martyrs.
Dear brothers and sisters!
We are seeing off the Month of Ramadan, solemnity of humanism, brotherhood and solidarity, with great pride and pleasure. On this holy day, I share all your benevolent prayers and wish your families happiness and your homes abundance and prosperity.
May Allah accept your fasting!’
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018CEC: Interesting people may apply and familiar with candidates’ documents
- 24.02.2018CEC approves more two candidates’ nomination for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Large-scale pardoning expected in Azerbaijan – parl’t speaker
- 23.02.2018No political prisoners in Azerbaijan, says MP
- 23.02.2018Next plenary session of Azerbaijani parliament begins
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan's ruling party submits voter signatures to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 08.08.2013Ilham Aliyev: "It depends a lot on the position of Azerbaijan in the region"
- 08.08.2013Highway crash kills 11 in Peru
- 10.08.2013Azerbaijan’s Central Election Commission confirms Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 07.08.2013Russian President spokesman comments on Rustam Ibrahimbeyov’s application regarding renunciation of citizenship - EXCLUSIVE
- 07.08.2013Azerbaijani President starts visit to Kurdamir region
- 06.08.2013New Azerbaijan Party submits to CEC documents on Ilham Aliyev's candidacy for presidency