President Ilham Aliyev extends Eid al-Adha congratulations to the nation
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has congratulated the nation on the occasion of Eid al-Adha.
“I would like to extend my heartfelt congratulations and most sincere wishes to you and all our fellow countrymen living in different parts of the world on the occasion of Eid al-Adha, which symbolizes spiritual perfection and unity,” the head of state said in his message.
“Islam, which constitutes a glorious page of the world civilization with its democracy, humanity and humane ideals, played an exceptional role in the formation of our people`s outlook and in their national and cultural development. The progressive Islamic values and traditions have always been cherished in Azerbaijan.”
“Eid al-Adha, which embodies the completion of Islam as a religion and its divine revelation as a spiritual and moral way of salvation, is a holiday that encourages mercy, solidarity, and brotherhood in people. On this blessed day Muslims get the opportunity to demonstrate their readiness for any self-sacrifice in the name of Allah and experience the joy of being close to the Almighty,” said the Azerbaijani president.
“The people of Azerbaijan have always respected national and spiritual values and traditions, and fulfilled their religious ceremonies, including Eid al-Adha, with great enthusiasm. Sacrifices are made in the name of God, large-scale charity work is underway, prayers are said for the tranquility and prosperity of our state, the undying memory of our martyrs is revered in all parts of our country these days. I am confident that this year's Eid al-Adha will also mark a triumph of the national and spiritual solidarity, noble deeds, compassion and mercy in our society.”
“May God bless each of you with the best of health, your families with happiness and your homes with abundance,” President Ilham Aliyev said.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins autumn session
- 02.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Jalilabad district for visit
- 29.08.2017Pakistan summons Indian envoy over mortar incident
- 28.08.2017Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday