Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan leading implementation of Southern Gas Corridor
The Southern Gas Corridor project is being implemented under Azerbaijan’s leadership, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said on Monday.
Azerbaijan managed to realize the projects of Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipelines, President Aliyev said addressing a conference dedicated to the results of third year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of Azerbaijani districts in 2014-2018".
The head of state said Azerbaijan has achieved its strategic goals despite the attempts of those who tried to prevent this.
“The Southern Gas Corridor project is being implemented. Had Azerbaijan not demonstrated its leadership qualities, the Southern Gas Corridor project could not have been possible. We are carrying out this project with friendly countries,” Ilham Aliyev said.
“Today, more countries are joining us. The Southern Gas Corridor project is being implemented under Azerbaijan’s leadership. The Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council in its joint statement especially emphasized Azerbaijan’s leadership role,” the president added.
He noted that this project serves long-term goals.
The head of state said Azerbaijan is a country that makes very efficient use of oil.
“Some analysts were saying that oil would give Azerbaijan bad luck rather than happiness,” President Aliyev said. “We have built a powerful state. We’ve been living independently for 25 years. More will be done in the future. At the center of these activities stand our people, without whom these achievements would have been impossible. We’re inspired by it. Moreover, we’ve carried out these activities under difficult circumstances.”
The president mentioned that Azerbaijan is facing a regular blackmailing campaign.
“We do know who the masterminds are and what they aim to achieve. They have been kicked out of the political sphere, though. The world sees that Azerbaijanis are a proud nation who won’t allow anyone to tell them what to do,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani CEC starts preparations for presidential election
- 20.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to 20 January martyrs
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 28th anniversary of 20 January Tragedy
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces number of its members
- 18.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 18.01.2018Isa Gambar discharged from hospital
- 17.01.2018One of presidential aide positions abolished in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018New appointment made in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 17.01.2018Isa Gambar to stay under medical supervision for a time, cardiologist says
- 13.01.2018Isa Gambar hospitalized for heart problem
- 13.01.2018Office of OSCE Representative on Freedom of Media should avoid taking tendentious approach toward Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 28th anniversary of January tragedy
- 11.01.2018Draft law on implementation by Azerbaijan of int'l organizations’ decisions to be tabled in parliament again
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to declare 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan witnessed successful, rapid development in 2017
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev declares 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’
- 10.01.2018Grandson of famous Azerbaijani intellectual Ahmed bey Agaoglu passes away
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament denies reports of increase in MP salaries
- 04.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends Christmas congratulations to Azerbaijan’s Orthodox Christian community
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament not to discuss issue of electing new ombudsperson during spring session
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan approves plan of events to commemorate 28th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 02.01.2018The Azerbaijani MFA expresses its attitude towards the events in Iran
- 02.01.2018Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s first plenary meeting in 2018
- 01.01.2018Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up last plenary meeting in 2017
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani Parliament to mark 100th anniversary
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 23.12.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds
- 30.01.2017President: Strong business sector created in Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani president warns officials
- 31.01.2017Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 133rd birth anniversary
- 30.01.2017President: Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would’ve been impossible without first State Program
- 28.01.2017Deputy prime minister: Our society is at stage of strict reforms
- 27.01.2017At least 20 killed in Somali rebel attack