President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) was a turning point in the history of modern Azerbaijani statehood, said President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a solemn ceremony held on Tuesday to mark the 25th anniversary of the founding of YAP, APA reported.
“Twenty-five years ago, 91 patriotic people appealed to national leader Heydar Aliyev to undertake the mission of creating the party,” he said.
The head of state reminded that the conference for the party’s establishment was chaired by Heydar Aliyev himself in Nakhchivan.
"It was a great historic event. At that time, the APF-Musavat couple did not allow the conference to be held in Baku. More than 500 delegates from different parts of the country came to Nakhchivan to attend the conference. That was a turning point in the history of modern Azerbaijani statehood,” noted President Aliyev.
The president also underlined Heydar Aliyev's service to the people of Azerbaijan at all times, saying that during the national leader’s reign, the country developed comprehensively.
"In the early 1990s, the government in Azerbaijan had lost the people’s confidence and the country was virtually in mischief. The chaos and anarchy was raging throughout the country, with bribery commonplace. Our lands had been occupied. There were economic and industrial crises. All this was posing an impending threat to Azerbaijan. The people appealed to Heydar Aliyev and the establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party became a necessity. The creation of the party opened the way for Azerbaijan to gain independence. Today YAP has some 700,000 people in its ranks,” added Ilham Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute