Official: NAP decision to nominate Ilham Aliyev for presidential election is supported by majority of Azerbaijani people
The decision of the 6th Congress of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (NAP) to put forward Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for the upcoming presidential election is supported by the majority of the Azerbaijani people, said Ali Ahmadov, the country’s deputy prime minister, deputy chairman and executive secretary of the party.
He made the remarks addressing NAP’s republican meeting in Baku Feb.10, APA reports.
Ahmadov stressed that during the presidency of Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan has witnessed development in economic, social and other areas, the well-being of the people has been improved and the country’s position in the international arena has significantly changed.
“We believe that the overwhelming majority of Azerbaijani voters will vote for Ilham Aliyev in the presidential election scheduled for April 11. The Azerbaijani people strongly support the policy pursued by President Ilham Aliyev,” he said.
People, by supporting Ilham Aliyev in the upcoming election will vote for Azerbaijan's social-economic development in next seven years, the official noted.
“Our honorable task is to hold an election campaign in a democratic atmosphere. I believe that the election campaign will be conducted at a high level,” he added.
Related news releases
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC to develop mechanism for monitoring social networks
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is one of safest countries worldwide
- 08.02.2018Multiculturalism is lifestyle in Azerbaijan - President Aliyev
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijani president: 2018 will be a year of rapid development
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 08.02.2018President Aliyev says political and economic reforms will continue in Azerbaijan
- 10.02.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds republican meeting relating presidential elections
- 10.02.2018Umid (Hope) and Musavat Parties not to participate in presidential elections
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 10.02.2018Tillerson sees tough talks with Turkey, others on Mideast trip
- 09.02.2018Ilgar Abbasov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party submits documents to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election