No disciplinary violations reported at Azerbaijan’s polling stations, says Italian senator
Baku. Farid Mirzayev – APA. No disciplinary violations have so far been reported at the polling stations in Azerbaijan, Sergio Divina, a member of Italy’s Senate, told reporters in Baku Sept. 26.
“The disciplinary rules were largely being observed at the polling stations we visited,” he said.
Visiting the polling station No.5 in Nasimi election constituency No.22, Divina said all the documentation and registration were done in accordance with the rules at the polling stations.
“Checking fingertips by ultra red rays I think is an effective step to prevent repeated voting at polling stations,” he noted.
The referendum for making amendments to Azerbaijan’s Constitution kicked off at 8:00 am local time and will wrap up at 7:00 pm.
The number of voters in Azerbaijan stands at 5,267,111 people.
Related news releases
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijani officials vote at constitutional referendum
- 26.09.2016PACE to announce final report on Azerbaijani referendum in 1-2 months
- 26.09.2016No offences at Azerbaijan’s polling stations – Austrian MP
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijani referendum: Voter turnout at 30.6% as of 12:00
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan holding referendum in line with int’l standards - Dutch observer
- 26.09.2016PACE member: I congratulate Azerbaijani people beforehand