New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
A new bill on the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan was tabled for the second reading at the parliament’s plenary session on Friday.
He noted that the new bill is entirely in line with military doctrine, national interests and international standards.
Based on the latest amendments to the Constitution of Azerbaijan, a new bill on the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan has been worked out defining legal regulation on activities of the Armed Forces.
In accordance with the Constitution, the notion of Armed Forces has been specified and it has been noted that the Armed Forces is made up of the Azerbaijan Army and other armed formations.
The law “On the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan”, adopted in 1991 and currently in force, determined the legal basis not only of the Armed Forces, but only of its part – the Azerbaijani Army.
The new bill specifies for the first time the notions of the Armed Forces of Azerbaijan, its integral part – the Azerbaijani Army and other armed formations of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The activity of the Azerbaijani Army is organized by the Ministry of Defense, while other armed formations include special service bodies that ensure the security and national interests of the country and fight terrorism, the internal forces that provide protection of public order and security, border enforcement bodies that provide protection of state borders, the military association that forms civil defense, the organization that provides security of state protection facilities and defense of protected objects and others.
The bill regulates the issues of appointment, management and military construction of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, as well as determines the legal basis for the activities of the Armed Forces.
According to the bill, the number of other armed formations shall be established by the President of Azerbaijan.
The document lists the tasks and main responsibilities of the Armed Forces and regulates the activities of the Armed Forces.
In turn, the activities of the structures that make up the Armed Forces will be regulated in accordance with separate laws “On the Azerbaijani Army”, “On intelligence and counterintelligence”, “On Internal Forces”, “On border guard services”, etc.
The bill was put to the vote and adopted.
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch