New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
"Measures are being taken to benefit from the transit potential of our republic by the means of modern transport logistics networks and services", Head of Azerbaijan Railways Javid Gurbanov said at the conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" organized by the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) in Baku, APA reports.
According to him, the railway, sea, automobile, air and pipeline routes are being explored to ensure the integration of national transport system into the international transport system.
Gurbanov noted that the measures taken in the country’s transport sector expand the country's participation opportunities in transit cargos.
He added that Azerbaijan is considered the most important country located in the crossroad:" One of the main goals is to turn the budget’s proceeds obtained from the transit services into the main source of income by ensuring efficient use of the opportunities created by the crossroads”.
The official part of the conference is over.
The event was continued with an artistic section.
The New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) organized a conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" in Baku.
The conference is attended by party leaders, government members, heads of local organizations and MPs, APA reports.
Speaking at the event, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister, deputy chairman-executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) spoke about the dividends distributed to Azerbaijan by the global energy and transportation projects implemented with country’s initiative in recent years. He noted that these projects serve the improvement of the people's welfare.
Stating that the conference was being held on a significant day Ahmadov noted that December 24 is the birthday of President Ilham Aliyev. "I congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan and the New Azerbaijan Party. I wish our President a firm state of health. The next presidential election will be held in Azerbaijan in 2018 - in just 10 months. The high authority, rating of President Ilham Aliyev, unequivocal support of the people to the policy implemented by him, serious positive changes taking place in Azerbaijan and the increasing role of Azerbaijan in the world provide a high chance of our president's election. I believe that after the presidential elections in 2018, we will hold next December's conference under the historic joy of our new victory," he said.
The conference continues.
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds