New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
"Measures are being taken to benefit from the transit potential of our republic by the means of modern transport logistics networks and services", Head of Azerbaijan Railways Javid Gurbanov said at the conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" organized by the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) in Baku, APA reports.
According to him, the railway, sea, automobile, air and pipeline routes are being explored to ensure the integration of national transport system into the international transport system.
Gurbanov noted that the measures taken in the country’s transport sector expand the country's participation opportunities in transit cargos.
He added that Azerbaijan is considered the most important country located in the crossroad:" One of the main goals is to turn the budget’s proceeds obtained from the transit services into the main source of income by ensuring efficient use of the opportunities created by the crossroads”.
The official part of the conference is over.
The event was continued with an artistic section.
The New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) organized a conference titled "At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities" in Baku.
The conference is attended by party leaders, government members, heads of local organizations and MPs, APA reports.
Speaking at the event, Ali Ahmadov, deputy prime minister, deputy chairman-executive secretary of the ruling New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) spoke about the dividends distributed to Azerbaijan by the global energy and transportation projects implemented with country’s initiative in recent years. He noted that these projects serve the improvement of the people's welfare.
Stating that the conference was being held on a significant day Ahmadov noted that December 24 is the birthday of President Ilham Aliyev. "I congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan and the New Azerbaijan Party. I wish our President a firm state of health. The next presidential election will be held in Azerbaijan in 2018 - in just 10 months. The high authority, rating of President Ilham Aliyev, unequivocal support of the people to the policy implemented by him, serious positive changes taking place in Azerbaijan and the increasing role of Azerbaijan in the world provide a high chance of our president's election. I believe that after the presidential elections in 2018, we will hold next December's conference under the historic joy of our new victory," he said.
The conference continues.
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijani CEC starts preparations for presidential election
- 20.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays tribute to 20 January martyrs
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 28th anniversary of 20 January Tragedy
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party announces number of its members
- 18.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 18.01.2018Isa Gambar discharged from hospital
- 17.01.2018One of presidential aide positions abolished in Azerbaijan
- 17.01.2018New appointment made in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 17.01.2018Isa Gambar to stay under medical supervision for a time, cardiologist says
- 13.01.2018Isa Gambar hospitalized for heart problem
- 13.01.2018Office of OSCE Representative on Freedom of Media should avoid taking tendentious approach toward Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 28th anniversary of January tragedy
- 11.01.2018Draft law on implementation by Azerbaijan of int'l organizations’ decisions to be tabled in parliament again
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to declare 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan witnessed successful, rapid development in 2017
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev declares 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’
- 10.01.2018Grandson of famous Azerbaijani intellectual Ahmed bey Agaoglu passes away
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament denies reports of increase in MP salaries
- 04.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends Christmas congratulations to Azerbaijan’s Orthodox Christian community
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament not to discuss issue of electing new ombudsperson during spring session
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan approves plan of events to commemorate 28th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 02.01.2018The Azerbaijani MFA expresses its attitude towards the events in Iran
- 02.01.2018Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s first plenary meeting in 2018
- 01.01.2018Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up last plenary meeting in 2017
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani Parliament to mark 100th anniversary
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: For Azerbaijan, Islamic solidarity is not only an idea but also a priority
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani to hold presidential election on 17 October 2018
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends int’l conference dedicated to Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 20.12.2017Survey: 85.2% of respondents will vote for President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.12.2017Georgia to pay special attention to teaching state language in regions with ethnic minorities
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds