Azerbaijani people choose Ilham Aliyev: New Azerbaijan Party
The people of Azerbaijan made the right choice in favor of Ilham Aliyev, Deputy Chairman and Executive Secretary of the New Azerbaijan Party (YAP) Ali Ahmadov said at a press conference on April 11, APA reports.
He said that the voting in the presidential election started at 08:00 and ended at 19:00 local time.
According to the Central Election Comission, more than 3.9 million voters cast their ballots at the presidential election, added Ahmadov.
"According to the results of the exit polls conducted, Ilham Aliyev won over 80 percent of the vote, which means the YAP chairman gained a promising victory in the election. We think that the CEC will soon announce the election results,” he said.
Ahmadov stressed that the people of Azerbaijan made the right choice in favor of Ilham Aliyev.
He noted that the next seven years will be a new stage of development in Azerbaijan.
"A large-scale government plan will be developed thanks to Ilham Aliyev's strategy, which will cause Azerbaijan to develop in all spheres and strengthen its positions in the international community. Ilham Aliyev's victory is the victory of all the people of Azerbaijan and I congratulate our nation on this occasion,” Ahmadov added.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018OSCE Secretary-General congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Georgian MP: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in line with European standards
- 11.04.2018Azerbaijani people voted for peace, stability in presidential election: Bulgarian MP
- 11.04.2018BSEC observation mission holds press conference on Azerbaijan's presidential election
- 11.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan held openly, democratically, says Uzbek observer
- 11.04.2018CEC: 74.51% of voters cast ballots in Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 11.04.2018Bangladesh MP: April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan – exemplary