About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
Baku City Main Police Department has disseminated information related to the rally held today from 3pm to 5pm at the stadium of the Sports and Health Complex (former Mahsul stadium) in Yasamal district by the organization which calls itself the National Council of Democratic Forces, APA reported.
According to the Department, about 1,200 members and supporters of the Azerbaijan Popular Front Party, Classic Popular Front Party, Azerbaijan People’s Party and National Statehood Party, as well as Musavat Party Youth Organization, Movement of Democracy and Prosperity of Azerbaijan, Union of Muslims, NIDA Movement and number of other opposition-oriented non-governmental organizations attended the rally.
There were no gross violations of public order and law.
The National Council has today held a rally authorized by the Baku City Mayor’s Office, APA reported.
Chairman of the National Council Jamil Hasanli, Ali Karimli and others spoke at the rally.
Today’s rally was attended by fewer members than the strike on September 23.
The action ended without incident.
The National Council is today holding a rally authorized by the Baku City Mayor’s Office, APA reported.
Baku police provide the security of the rally.
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 15.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Defense Ministry’s press service creates conditions for press to write about army
- 15.12.2017Media should only disseminate information verified by Azerbaijani MoD – MP
- 15.12.2017MP Fazil Mustafa criticizes activities of Penitentiary Service
- 15.12.2017New bill on Armed Forces of Azerbaijan adopted in second reading
- 15.12.2017Media should not be banned from writing about army – MP Hasanguliyev
- 15.12.2017Azerbaijani MP proposes introducing parliamentary control over Armed Forces
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates administrative building of YAP Sumgayit city branch
- 15.12.2017Suicide attempt of young boy prevented in Baku
- 13.12.2017Number of assistants to Azerbaijani PM reduced
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 14th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev’s death
- 11.12.2017Leadership of New Azerbaijan Party pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.12.2017Process of obtaining state registration for real estate simplified in Azerbaijan
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani CEC to strip MPs of mandates for violation of voting rights and ethical norms
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijan reducing term of early presidential election from 3 to 2 months
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan’s taxes minister Fazil Mammadov dismissed from post
- 05.12.2017Mikayil Jabbarov appointed taxes minister of Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves law on establishment of ‘Rashadat’ Order
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani President signs decree on the activity of "Azerbaijan Industrial Corporation" OJSC
- 02.12.2017Guba district executive head changed
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan increases funding of political parties, NGOs
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament ratifies several interstate agreements
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves bill restricting tobacco use
- 30.11.2017About 1.9 million jobs created in Azerbaijan since 2003: deputy PM
- 30.11.2017Clashes kill four in Yemen capital as anti-Saudi alliance frays
- 29.11.2017Pakistani FM arrives in Baku
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijani President: "All the outlined issues have been resolved this year"
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated newly renovated Sugovushan-Hashimkhanli highway in Sabirabad
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Sabirabad district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Aghjabadi district
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Tartar district
- 27.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to socio-economic development of Ganja
- 27.11.2017Elmar Valiyev awarded Order “For service to the Motherland”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 25.11.2011Arif Hajili’s appeal trial starts
- 26.11.2011About 10 000 observers to watch municipal elections in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2011Pre-election campaign of municipal candidates finishes in Azerbaijan
- 22.11.2011Azerbaijan’s First Lady Mehriban Aliyeva awarded INTERPOL’s medal - PHOTO
- 22.11.2011Garib Mammadov: “Should we delimitate borders taking mosque or church into account?!”
- 22.11.2011Public Opinion Survey: 95 percent of population in Azerbaijan supports President Ilham Aliyev