Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly approves constitutional amendments
The fifth convocation of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic’s Supreme Assembly held its fifth session on Thursday.
On the session’s agenda were duties related to socio-economic development in 2017, the approval of the execution of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic’s state budget for 2016, and amendments to the Constitution of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic, APA reported.
Chairman of Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly Vasif Talibov delivered a reporting speech on duties related to socio-economic development in 2017.
Nakhchivan’s Minister of Finance Sabuhi Mammadov made a speech concerning the approval of the execution of the autonomous republic’s 2016 state budget. He noted that Nakhchivan’s state budget received 73,605,636 manats in 2016 despite all the sources predicting it would be 69 million manats, which means the task was fulfilled 106.7%.
Then the law “On the execution of the state budget of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic for 2016” was adopted.
Chairman of the Supreme Assembly touched on three issues on the agenda, recalling that amendments were made to the Constitution of the Republic of Azerbaijan with a referendum held on September 26, 2016.
He noted that a draft law was developed on making amendments to the Constitution of THE Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in accordance with those amendments.
The law “On making amendments to the Constitution of THE Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic” was read out and adopted by a vote.
Related news releases
- 28.05.2017Azerbaijan celebrating 99th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2017SSS head: Other countries look enviously at tranquility in our country
- 26.05.2017President: No domestic risks in Azerbaijan, possible risks emerge abroad
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Had it been able to maintain its independence, Azerbaijan would be one of world’s most developed countries
- 26.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on Republic Day
- 26.05.2017Investigation into Lapshin’s case wraps up
- 26.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits memorial to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2017Mahmud Nabiyev awarded title of ‘Honored Lawyer’
- 25.05.2017Abbasali Novruzov awarded Shohrat Order
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: 4th Islamic Solidarity Games held successfully in Baku
- 19.05.2017Madat Guliyev: Tranquility prevailing in Azerbaijan attracting tourists
- 19.05.2017SSC head: This criminal network took root in Azerbaijan in late 1980s
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament to wrap up spring session on May 31
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary session - EXCLUSIVE
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani Democratic Republic’s 100th anniversary to be celebrated at state level
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijan to amend rules for controlling activities of diplomats
- 16.05.2017VAK liquidation causes uproar in Azerbaijani parliament
- 16.05.2017MP Hasanguliyev accuses Russia of provocations against Azerbaijan before presidential election
- 16.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP slams Russian court’s decision to liquidate VAK
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan’s political party calls for return of death penalty
- 11.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Saudi Minister of State for Gulf Affairs
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani President: "Nobody recognized the so-called "referendum" held in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended solemn ceremony to mark 94th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev and 13th anniversary of the establishment of Heydar Aliyev Foundation
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2017MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul
- 06.05.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference on national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birth anniversary
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Some states support Armenia in UN, so resolutions on Karabakh remain unfulfilled
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani FM: Impossible to defeat terrorism without cooperation
- 03.05.2017Baku hosts conference entitled “Heydar Aliyev – First Azerbaijani General of state security agencies”
- 02.05.2017Azerbaijani MP: We can’t allow socio-political destabilization in country for 5 or 10 manats
- 02.05.2017U.S. issues travel alert for Europe, citing threat of terrorist attacks
- 01.05.2017Death toll among Afghan forces at 807 in Jan-Feb, says report
- 01.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Baku Higher Oil School campus
- 29.04.2017Organization of services checked at Baku international airport
- 24.02.2017State Commission: Negotiations for Elnur Huseynzade ongoing with int’l organizations
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani Parliament adopts bill on Khojaly Genocide - UPDATED
- 24.02.2017Trump vows military build-up, hammers nationalist themes
- 23.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nothing can hinder realization of Southern Gas Corridor
- 22.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite being a small country, Azerbaijan is doing huge work
- 22.02.2017Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment to be ‘a big help’ in ensuring Azerbaijan’s sustainable development, says official