MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov, employees of the ministry laid flowers at the monument erected to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy before the event.
The event started with the display of the documentary about the life and activity of Heydar Aliyev.
Delivering a speech, Kemaleddin Heydarov said living in the same period with Heydar Aliyev is great happiness. “Though 15 former Soviet republics gained independence, Azerbaijan was not completely independent. Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands, struggle between incompetent persons for power distribution, destroyed economy were not compatible with the parameters of an independent state. National leader restored parameters of an independent state after coming to power. Inclusion of the Azerbaijani language into the Constitution as the state language is one of Heydar Aliyev’s merits to our people. In 1994-1995, Heydar Aliyev prevented evil intentions. Then land reforms were started, the "Contract of the Century" was signed in 1994. All these have laid the foundation for future development of Azerbaijan. Despite the fall in oil prices, certain weakening in the economic field, Azerbaijan is developing today and providing assistance to other states,” said the minister.
K. Heydarov noted that Heydar Aliyev passionately loved Azerbaijan. “Heydar Aliyev’s path, activities are successfully continued today. Azerbaijan is holding a number of international events, has become a center of such events. People loving Azerbaijan must preserve Heydar Aliyev’s ideas and base on them. In this case, Azerbaijan will rapidly develop,” added the minister.
Chairman of the parliament’s committee on public associations and religious organizations Siyavush Novruzov said that Heydar Aliyev’s greatness is perceived time-by-time: “We see his steps, works in every field. Steps taken by Heydar Aliyev on Azerbaijanism introduced Azerbaijan to the world as a nation. Combining turkism, islamism and caucasism, Heydar Aliyev put forward the ideology of azerbaijanism. Among the fifteen Soviet republics, Azerbaijan was the 14th country declaring its independence. Russia, which had to be interested in protection of empire more than others, restored its independence in June, Azerbaijan - in October. This was related to inexperience of people ruling the country at that time. If Heydar Aliyev had been the first person in Azerbaijan at that time, neither our lands would have been occupied, nor more than 1 million refugees would have been deprived of their lands. Events like January 20 also happened in Baltic states and Georgia. Leadership of those counties resigned. But in Azerbaijan struggle began for authority. Only Heydar Aliyev came to Azerbaijan’s representation in Moscow and made a statement condemning the tragedy”.
Novruzov noted that when Heydar Aliyev came to power, Azerbaijan had bad relations with most neighbors, including Russia and Iran and even countries of Central Asia. “Heydar Aliyev normalized those relations”, he added.
Speaking about the projects implemented in the region on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Heydarov said that the political course of Heydar Aliyev is being continued successfully under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. “We should also try to make a comfortable living for the Azerbaijani people. We have Nagorno Karabakh problem which has been created against Azerbaijan. Negotiations are underway to resolve the conflict and at the same time, military build-up is being continued successfully. April fights showed that Azerbaijan is strong and will get stronger further. We will liberate our lands under the leadership of Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. We are always ready to support the president”, said the minister.
The emergency situations ministers touched upon the Islamic Solidarity Games that will be held in Azerbaijan: “There are many oil-rich countries which gained independence before us. However, it was Azerbaijan which put forward an initiative to host this great sporting event. Thus, Azerbaijan is developing successfully. And the tourist flow to the country is not accidental. This is the result of the social and political stability and the development based on it. Besides, there are some problems regarding decrease in oil price. However, it hasn’t seriously affected Azerbaijan’s economy. Everyone faces problems in life. We believe that Azerbaijan has a bright future. We are proud of being supporters of Heydar Aliyev. Azerbaijan will achieve great successes under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev.”
- 24.11.2017Erdogan, Trump discuss developments in Syria - UPDATED
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president submits bill to amend law on compensation for damage caused by investigative and judicial authorities
- 24.11.2017“Qarabağ” FK is a carrier of information missile of Azerbaijan
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan to exempt some employees of its embassies abroad from income tax
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan expands list of places where cigarette and hookah smoking are prohibited
- 24.11.2017Madar Musayev awarded Sharaf Order
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to host two int’l events next year
- 23.11.2017MPs request increase of funds allocated to parliament
- 23.11.2017Siyavush Novruzov proposes additional funds be given to parliament
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan parliament begins discussion of 2018 state budget package
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 17.11.2017European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Ahliman Amiraslanov awarded 'Sharaf' order
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Absheron district
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute
- 13.11.2017MP Hasanguliyev urges privatization of ‘Azerishig’ and ‘Azeristiliktechizat’
- 13.11.2017Arif Rahimzade: Local executive authorities restrict activities of municipalities
- 12.11.2017Azerbaijan marks Constitution Day
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of Center for Strategic Studies
- 10.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: No financial problems in Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017About 20 Azerbaijani children in Iraqi shelter to be repatriated soon – diplomat
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul