MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov, employees of the ministry laid flowers at the monument erected to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy before the event.
The event started with the display of the documentary about the life and activity of Heydar Aliyev.
Delivering a speech, Kemaleddin Heydarov said living in the same period with Heydar Aliyev is great happiness. “Though 15 former Soviet republics gained independence, Azerbaijan was not completely independent. Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands, struggle between incompetent persons for power distribution, destroyed economy were not compatible with the parameters of an independent state. National leader restored parameters of an independent state after coming to power. Inclusion of the Azerbaijani language into the Constitution as the state language is one of Heydar Aliyev’s merits to our people. In 1994-1995, Heydar Aliyev prevented evil intentions. Then land reforms were started, the "Contract of the Century" was signed in 1994. All these have laid the foundation for future development of Azerbaijan. Despite the fall in oil prices, certain weakening in the economic field, Azerbaijan is developing today and providing assistance to other states,” said the minister.
K. Heydarov noted that Heydar Aliyev passionately loved Azerbaijan. “Heydar Aliyev’s path, activities are successfully continued today. Azerbaijan is holding a number of international events, has become a center of such events. People loving Azerbaijan must preserve Heydar Aliyev’s ideas and base on them. In this case, Azerbaijan will rapidly develop,” added the minister.
Chairman of the parliament’s committee on public associations and religious organizations Siyavush Novruzov said that Heydar Aliyev’s greatness is perceived time-by-time: “We see his steps, works in every field. Steps taken by Heydar Aliyev on Azerbaijanism introduced Azerbaijan to the world as a nation. Combining turkism, islamism and caucasism, Heydar Aliyev put forward the ideology of azerbaijanism. Among the fifteen Soviet republics, Azerbaijan was the 14th country declaring its independence. Russia, which had to be interested in protection of empire more than others, restored its independence in June, Azerbaijan - in October. This was related to inexperience of people ruling the country at that time. If Heydar Aliyev had been the first person in Azerbaijan at that time, neither our lands would have been occupied, nor more than 1 million refugees would have been deprived of their lands. Events like January 20 also happened in Baltic states and Georgia. Leadership of those counties resigned. But in Azerbaijan struggle began for authority. Only Heydar Aliyev came to Azerbaijan’s representation in Moscow and made a statement condemning the tragedy”.
Novruzov noted that when Heydar Aliyev came to power, Azerbaijan had bad relations with most neighbors, including Russia and Iran and even countries of Central Asia. “Heydar Aliyev normalized those relations”, he added.
Speaking about the projects implemented in the region on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Heydarov said that the political course of Heydar Aliyev is being continued successfully under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. “We should also try to make a comfortable living for the Azerbaijani people. We have Nagorno Karabakh problem which has been created against Azerbaijan. Negotiations are underway to resolve the conflict and at the same time, military build-up is being continued successfully. April fights showed that Azerbaijan is strong and will get stronger further. We will liberate our lands under the leadership of Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. We are always ready to support the president”, said the minister.
The emergency situations ministers touched upon the Islamic Solidarity Games that will be held in Azerbaijan: “There are many oil-rich countries which gained independence before us. However, it was Azerbaijan which put forward an initiative to host this great sporting event. Thus, Azerbaijan is developing successfully. And the tourist flow to the country is not accidental. This is the result of the social and political stability and the development based on it. Besides, there are some problems regarding decrease in oil price. However, it hasn’t seriously affected Azerbaijan’s economy. Everyone faces problems in life. We believe that Azerbaijan has a bright future. We are proud of being supporters of Heydar Aliyev. Azerbaijan will achieve great successes under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev.”
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Salyan district for visit
- 24.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Neftchala district for visit
- 23.09.2017National Council holds rally in Baku - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan approves customs cooperation protocol with Kyrgyzstan
- 22.09.2017Structural reforms in Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Minister completed
- 22.09.2017Armenian MP: 'We have no security issues in Baku' - UPDATED
- 22.09.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs attending Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Chief of State Border Service awarded “Flag of Azerbaijan” Order
- 20.09.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 19.09.2017MP Rafael Huseynov protests against destruction of statues to Lenin, Stalin and “26 Baku commissars”
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan to grant status of state body to Judicial-Legal Council
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Jewish community
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: Future development to be defined by knowledge, rather than natural resources
- 15.09.201799 years pass since liberation of Baku from bolshevik-dashnak occupation
- 14.09.2017Moscow is ‘neither a lawyer nor a prosecutor’ in Karabakh settlement: Russian senator
- 14.09.2017BP CEO awarded “Dostlug” Order
- 12.09.2017Fuad Alasgarov: Lapshin is free to choose where to go
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan continues investigation into case of persons accused of spying for Armenia
- 12.09.2017Turkmenistan prevents terror attack on ferry set to sail from Turkmenbashi to Baku
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan strips 151 people of citizenship for fighting for terrorist organizations
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Unethical remarks by Akif Ali about Lotfi Zadeh unacceptable
- 11.09.2017Ali Hasanov: Mehman Aliyev appealed to president
- 11.09.2017Lapshin makes suicide attempt in prison
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani Supreme Commander-in-Chief to get new powers
- 06.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs decree on ensuring the activities of the State Agency for Compulsory Medical Insurance
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani MP: Soros and Armenians share common terrorist features
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 02.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan lives at its own expense
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Lankaran district for visit
- 02.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Jalilabad district for visit
- 02.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins autumn session
- 29.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends Eid al-Adha congratulations to the nation
- 29.08.2017Pakistan summons Indian envoy over mortar incident
- 28.08.2017Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
- 26.08.2017Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva marks her birthday
- 25.08.2017New Interior Minister of Nakhchivan AR appointed
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Qarabag victory is an important event in promotion of Azerbaijan
- 24.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: New page opened in Azerbaijan’s football history
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul