MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov, employees of the ministry laid flowers at the monument erected to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy before the event.
The event started with the display of the documentary about the life and activity of Heydar Aliyev.
Delivering a speech, Kemaleddin Heydarov said living in the same period with Heydar Aliyev is great happiness. “Though 15 former Soviet republics gained independence, Azerbaijan was not completely independent. Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands, struggle between incompetent persons for power distribution, destroyed economy were not compatible with the parameters of an independent state. National leader restored parameters of an independent state after coming to power. Inclusion of the Azerbaijani language into the Constitution as the state language is one of Heydar Aliyev’s merits to our people. In 1994-1995, Heydar Aliyev prevented evil intentions. Then land reforms were started, the "Contract of the Century" was signed in 1994. All these have laid the foundation for future development of Azerbaijan. Despite the fall in oil prices, certain weakening in the economic field, Azerbaijan is developing today and providing assistance to other states,” said the minister.
K. Heydarov noted that Heydar Aliyev passionately loved Azerbaijan. “Heydar Aliyev’s path, activities are successfully continued today. Azerbaijan is holding a number of international events, has become a center of such events. People loving Azerbaijan must preserve Heydar Aliyev’s ideas and base on them. In this case, Azerbaijan will rapidly develop,” added the minister.
Chairman of the parliament’s committee on public associations and religious organizations Siyavush Novruzov said that Heydar Aliyev’s greatness is perceived time-by-time: “We see his steps, works in every field. Steps taken by Heydar Aliyev on Azerbaijanism introduced Azerbaijan to the world as a nation. Combining turkism, islamism and caucasism, Heydar Aliyev put forward the ideology of azerbaijanism. Among the fifteen Soviet republics, Azerbaijan was the 14th country declaring its independence. Russia, which had to be interested in protection of empire more than others, restored its independence in June, Azerbaijan - in October. This was related to inexperience of people ruling the country at that time. If Heydar Aliyev had been the first person in Azerbaijan at that time, neither our lands would have been occupied, nor more than 1 million refugees would have been deprived of their lands. Events like January 20 also happened in Baltic states and Georgia. Leadership of those counties resigned. But in Azerbaijan struggle began for authority. Only Heydar Aliyev came to Azerbaijan’s representation in Moscow and made a statement condemning the tragedy”.
Novruzov noted that when Heydar Aliyev came to power, Azerbaijan had bad relations with most neighbors, including Russia and Iran and even countries of Central Asia. “Heydar Aliyev normalized those relations”, he added.
Speaking about the projects implemented in the region on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Heydarov said that the political course of Heydar Aliyev is being continued successfully under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. “We should also try to make a comfortable living for the Azerbaijani people. We have Nagorno Karabakh problem which has been created against Azerbaijan. Negotiations are underway to resolve the conflict and at the same time, military build-up is being continued successfully. April fights showed that Azerbaijan is strong and will get stronger further. We will liberate our lands under the leadership of Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. We are always ready to support the president”, said the minister.
The emergency situations ministers touched upon the Islamic Solidarity Games that will be held in Azerbaijan: “There are many oil-rich countries which gained independence before us. However, it was Azerbaijan which put forward an initiative to host this great sporting event. Thus, Azerbaijan is developing successfully. And the tourist flow to the country is not accidental. This is the result of the social and political stability and the development based on it. Besides, there are some problems regarding decrease in oil price. However, it hasn’t seriously affected Azerbaijan’s economy. Everyone faces problems in life. We believe that Azerbaijan has a bright future. We are proud of being supporters of Heydar Aliyev. Azerbaijan will achieve great successes under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev.”
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 10.02.2018Umid (Hope) and Musavat Parties not to participate in presidential elections
- 10.02.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds republican meeting relating presidential elections
- 10.02.2018Official: NAP decision to nominate Ilham Aliyev for presidential election is supported by majority of Azerbaijani people
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul