MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov, employees of the ministry laid flowers at the monument erected to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy before the event.
The event started with the display of the documentary about the life and activity of Heydar Aliyev.
Delivering a speech, Kemaleddin Heydarov said living in the same period with Heydar Aliyev is great happiness. “Though 15 former Soviet republics gained independence, Azerbaijan was not completely independent. Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands, struggle between incompetent persons for power distribution, destroyed economy were not compatible with the parameters of an independent state. National leader restored parameters of an independent state after coming to power. Inclusion of the Azerbaijani language into the Constitution as the state language is one of Heydar Aliyev’s merits to our people. In 1994-1995, Heydar Aliyev prevented evil intentions. Then land reforms were started, the "Contract of the Century" was signed in 1994. All these have laid the foundation for future development of Azerbaijan. Despite the fall in oil prices, certain weakening in the economic field, Azerbaijan is developing today and providing assistance to other states,” said the minister.
K. Heydarov noted that Heydar Aliyev passionately loved Azerbaijan. “Heydar Aliyev’s path, activities are successfully continued today. Azerbaijan is holding a number of international events, has become a center of such events. People loving Azerbaijan must preserve Heydar Aliyev’s ideas and base on them. In this case, Azerbaijan will rapidly develop,” added the minister.
Chairman of the parliament’s committee on public associations and religious organizations Siyavush Novruzov said that Heydar Aliyev’s greatness is perceived time-by-time: “We see his steps, works in every field. Steps taken by Heydar Aliyev on Azerbaijanism introduced Azerbaijan to the world as a nation. Combining turkism, islamism and caucasism, Heydar Aliyev put forward the ideology of azerbaijanism. Among the fifteen Soviet republics, Azerbaijan was the 14th country declaring its independence. Russia, which had to be interested in protection of empire more than others, restored its independence in June, Azerbaijan - in October. This was related to inexperience of people ruling the country at that time. If Heydar Aliyev had been the first person in Azerbaijan at that time, neither our lands would have been occupied, nor more than 1 million refugees would have been deprived of their lands. Events like January 20 also happened in Baltic states and Georgia. Leadership of those counties resigned. But in Azerbaijan struggle began for authority. Only Heydar Aliyev came to Azerbaijan’s representation in Moscow and made a statement condemning the tragedy”.
Novruzov noted that when Heydar Aliyev came to power, Azerbaijan had bad relations with most neighbors, including Russia and Iran and even countries of Central Asia. “Heydar Aliyev normalized those relations”, he added.
Speaking about the projects implemented in the region on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Heydarov said that the political course of Heydar Aliyev is being continued successfully under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. “We should also try to make a comfortable living for the Azerbaijani people. We have Nagorno Karabakh problem which has been created against Azerbaijan. Negotiations are underway to resolve the conflict and at the same time, military build-up is being continued successfully. April fights showed that Azerbaijan is strong and will get stronger further. We will liberate our lands under the leadership of Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. We are always ready to support the president”, said the minister.
The emergency situations ministers touched upon the Islamic Solidarity Games that will be held in Azerbaijan: “There are many oil-rich countries which gained independence before us. However, it was Azerbaijan which put forward an initiative to host this great sporting event. Thus, Azerbaijan is developing successfully. And the tourist flow to the country is not accidental. This is the result of the social and political stability and the development based on it. Besides, there are some problems regarding decrease in oil price. However, it hasn’t seriously affected Azerbaijan’s economy. Everyone faces problems in life. We believe that Azerbaijan has a bright future. We are proud of being supporters of Heydar Aliyev. Azerbaijan will achieve great successes under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev.”
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul