MES marks 94th anniversary of Heydar Aliyev
Minister of Emergency Situations, Colonel General Kemaleddin Heydarov, employees of the ministry laid flowers at the monument erected to Heydar Aliyev in the courtyard of the Academy before the event.
The event started with the display of the documentary about the life and activity of Heydar Aliyev.
Delivering a speech, Kemaleddin Heydarov said living in the same period with Heydar Aliyev is great happiness. “Though 15 former Soviet republics gained independence, Azerbaijan was not completely independent. Armenia's occupation of Azerbaijani lands, struggle between incompetent persons for power distribution, destroyed economy were not compatible with the parameters of an independent state. National leader restored parameters of an independent state after coming to power. Inclusion of the Azerbaijani language into the Constitution as the state language is one of Heydar Aliyev’s merits to our people. In 1994-1995, Heydar Aliyev prevented evil intentions. Then land reforms were started, the "Contract of the Century" was signed in 1994. All these have laid the foundation for future development of Azerbaijan. Despite the fall in oil prices, certain weakening in the economic field, Azerbaijan is developing today and providing assistance to other states,” said the minister.
K. Heydarov noted that Heydar Aliyev passionately loved Azerbaijan. “Heydar Aliyev’s path, activities are successfully continued today. Azerbaijan is holding a number of international events, has become a center of such events. People loving Azerbaijan must preserve Heydar Aliyev’s ideas and base on them. In this case, Azerbaijan will rapidly develop,” added the minister.
Chairman of the parliament’s committee on public associations and religious organizations Siyavush Novruzov said that Heydar Aliyev’s greatness is perceived time-by-time: “We see his steps, works in every field. Steps taken by Heydar Aliyev on Azerbaijanism introduced Azerbaijan to the world as a nation. Combining turkism, islamism and caucasism, Heydar Aliyev put forward the ideology of azerbaijanism. Among the fifteen Soviet republics, Azerbaijan was the 14th country declaring its independence. Russia, which had to be interested in protection of empire more than others, restored its independence in June, Azerbaijan - in October. This was related to inexperience of people ruling the country at that time. If Heydar Aliyev had been the first person in Azerbaijan at that time, neither our lands would have been occupied, nor more than 1 million refugees would have been deprived of their lands. Events like January 20 also happened in Baltic states and Georgia. Leadership of those counties resigned. But in Azerbaijan struggle began for authority. Only Heydar Aliyev came to Azerbaijan’s representation in Moscow and made a statement condemning the tragedy”.
Novruzov noted that when Heydar Aliyev came to power, Azerbaijan had bad relations with most neighbors, including Russia and Iran and even countries of Central Asia. “Heydar Aliyev normalized those relations”, he added.
Speaking about the projects implemented in the region on the initiative of Azerbaijan, Heydarov said that the political course of Heydar Aliyev is being continued successfully under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev. “We should also try to make a comfortable living for the Azerbaijani people. We have Nagorno Karabakh problem which has been created against Azerbaijan. Negotiations are underway to resolve the conflict and at the same time, military build-up is being continued successfully. April fights showed that Azerbaijan is strong and will get stronger further. We will liberate our lands under the leadership of Azerbaijani President, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. We are always ready to support the president”, said the minister.
The emergency situations ministers touched upon the Islamic Solidarity Games that will be held in Azerbaijan: “There are many oil-rich countries which gained independence before us. However, it was Azerbaijan which put forward an initiative to host this great sporting event. Thus, Azerbaijan is developing successfully. And the tourist flow to the country is not accidental. This is the result of the social and political stability and the development based on it. Besides, there are some problems regarding decrease in oil price. However, it hasn’t seriously affected Azerbaijan’s economy. Everyone faces problems in life. We believe that Azerbaijan has a bright future. We are proud of being supporters of Heydar Aliyev. Azerbaijan will achieve great successes under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev.”
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Efforts for democratic development in Azerbaijan to be intensified
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Armenian leadership fails to understand that destroyed mosques will live in our hearts
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Anti-national groups that became increasingly active during election ‘already marginalized’
- 18.04.2018Issues raised by candidates during election will be carefully considered: Azerbaijani president
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Democratic development in Azerbaijan has been very rapid over last 15 years
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Presidential election reflected Azerbaijani people’s will
- 18.04.2018Heads of religious confessions in Azerbaijan congratulate President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on execution of powers of government members
- 18.04.2018Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan resigns
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits National Flag Square
- 18.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 18.04.2018Inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev held - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Date set for inauguration ceremony of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani Constitutional Court confirms April 11 presidential election results - UPDATED
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes to amend media rules in conditions of martial law
- 16.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ramiz Mehdiyev “Shohrat” Order
- 16.04.2018Plenum of Azerbaijani Constitutional Court on election results to be held tomorrow
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijan's CEC sums up presidential election results
- 15.04.2018Azerbaijani MP Astan Shahverdiyev passes away
- 15.04.2018Azerbajiani presidential election results cancelled at 4 polling stations
- 14.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to summarize presidential election results on April 15
- 14.04.2018About 1,000 people attend National Council’s rally - UPDATED
- 13.04.2018Ziyafat Asgarov: OSCE/ODIHR statement on Azerbaijan election ‘completely biased’
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani official: Some members of ODIHR mission only engaged in contacts with opposition
- 13.04.2018Vugar Ahmadov: Azerbaijan election report by OSCE/ODIHR ‘pre-prepared’
- 13.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "No outside force can make us turn from this path"
- 13.04.2018Azerbaijani president: "I always rely on the support of the Azerbaijani people"
- 12.04.2018“They showed disrespect to the will of the Azerbaijani people" - OPINION
- 12.04.2018Siyavush Novruzov: We should throw their reports at airport so they can take them along when they leave
- 12.04.2018Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Czech ambassador
- 12.04.2018ECR mission: Presidential election in Azerbaijan held in accord with national legislation
- 12.04.2018Baku Mayor's Office authorizes National Council to hold rally
- 12.04.2018Zahid Oruj congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Gudrat Hasanguliyev phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.04.2018Italian observer: No restrictions on int’l observers during presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan was free: Freedom and Democracy Fund
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijan marks 94th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of Azerbaijani national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of Azerbaijani national leader's birthday - UPDATED
- 09.05.2017Azerbaijani president attends ceremony to mark Victory Day
- 08.05.2017Employees of bodies directly supporting Azerbaijani President’s activities to be granted diplomatic passports
- 07.05.2017İS car bombs kill 9 police officers in west Mosul