Mehman Aliyev files appeal against court decision
An appeal has been filed against the decision of Yasamal District Court which sentenced Mehman Aliyev, Director of Turan News Agency, to pre-trial detention, lawyer Fuad Aghayev told APA.
Baku Court of Appeal will consider the appeal in the coming days.
As a result of the raid conducted by the Ministry of Taxesin the office of Turan News Agency, it was found out that Turan News Agency director Mehman Aliyev, having abused his powers and assumed the responsibility for keeping records of the financial and economic activities of the agency, violated the requirements of Azerbaijan’s law “On grants”.
In addition, there were reasonable suspicions that Mehman Aliyev being engaged in illegal entrepreneurial activity by obtaining great amount of money, that is illegal income in the amount of 148,310 manats on the unregistered grant contracts in 2010-2014 caused significant damage to the interests of the state, and avoided paying to the state budget the profit tax in the amount of 60,080 manats by including distorted information to the income tax returns submitted to the tax authority in 2010-2016.
Mehman Aliyev was detained on August 24. He faces charges under articles № 192.2 (illegal entrepreneurship), 213.1 (tax evasion) and 308 (abuse of power). Yasamal District Court sentenced him to pre-trial detention.
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amending laws on state emblem, anthem and flag
- 26.09.2017Sentence of some life-term prisoners can be replaced by 10 years of imprisonment in Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Issue of Lachin district executive authority official supporting Kurdish referendum is under investigation - UPDATED
- 26.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by president of Montenegrin Supreme Court
- 25.09.2017Date, agenda of first meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s autumn session announced
- 25.09.2017OSCE PA special representative meets with Azerbaijani IDPs
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijani Parliament Speaker: “Not all of those going to fight in Syria can be called terrorists”
- 03.02.2014Azerbaijan to make amendment to legislation to prevent calls for fighting in foreign countries
- 04.02.2014Official Facebook page of Head of Azerbaijan's Presidential Administration Ramiz Mehdiyev launched
- 01.02.2014Deputy Prime Minister comments on involvement of young Azerbaijanis in Syria battles
- 31.01.2014Mahammed Amin Rasulzade’s grave visited in Ankara - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.01.2014Official event held in front of Istiglal monument, Baku on 130th anniversary of Mahammed Amin Rasulzade