Measures have to be taken for BTK railway to operate successfully - Azerbaijani president
It is important to continue work on improving gas, electricity, drinking water and sewerage services in Azerbaijan, said President Ilham Aliyev.
He made the remarks on Monday at a conference dedicated to the results of fourth year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of the regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 2014-2018", APA reports.
The head of state said this year new lands will be irrigated and roads will be constructed.
"Six regional central hospitals, 137 modular schools and 4 Olympic sports complexes will be constructed. Improvement of the living conditions of internally displaced persons will be in the spotlight,” he said.
President Aliyev underlined the importance of continuing creating new jobs.
He noted that measures have to be taken to ensure the successful operation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway.
“Work on the North-South and East-West transport corridors, as well as the country’s railway infrastructure is ongoing,” said the head of state.
President Aliyev announced that this year three ASAN Service centers and carpet factories will be opened, and new industrial enterprises will be launched.
"Measures have to be taken to develop development of tourism and traditional agriculture, ensure food security, find new markets for export products, and reduce dependence on export. The economic and financial situation in Azerbaijan is stable. The reforms are producing good results. The policy being pursued in the country serves the interests of the people and strengthens our state,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 30.01.2018President: "There is no problem with the development of the country's economy"
- 31.01.2018Today marks Mammad Amin Rasulzade’s 134th birth anniversary
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijan developing new bill on Border Troops
- 29.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani population has increased by 1.5 million people over past 14 years
- 29.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is one of exemplary countries in terms of development, civil solidarity
- 29.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends conference dedicated to State Program on socio-economic development of Azerbaijan's regions