Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
The process of negotiations on settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict was discussed at the second session of the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee in Baku on May 8, APA reports.
Addressing the meeting, Samad Seyidov, chairman of the Azerbaijani Parliament’s Committee on international and inter-parliamentary relations said that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict poses a threat to entire Europe.
"However, we are unable to fulfill these resolutions. We must not allow double standards so that we can be a trustworthy partner. That’s what we are trying to achieve. We have also designated a special representative for the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. We want to be active in resolving the conflict, which affects us as well. We understand that stability in the region is important and Azerbaijan is a key partner in maintaining stability in the South Caucasus region. As for the Minsk Group, Russia is a co-chair of the group” he said.
"You are saying that your resolutions impart a political message. However, the European Union imposes sanctions after these resolutions. Why are no sanctions imposed on Armenia? On the other hand, France and the United States are also co-chairmen of the Minsk Group along with Russia,” he said.
Javanshir Feyziyev, Azerbaijani MP, Co-Chair of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee said that the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict has been going on for 30 years.
“People who were born during these 30 years in families of refugees and IDPs, have not yet been visited their native lands. We want acceptable peaceful path to be found for Azerbaijani and Armenian people. We are waiting for the support of the European Parliament in this direction. Azerbaijanis are impatiently watching the processes going on in Armenia. If these processes will help bring peace-loving forces to power in Armenia, peaceful negotiations can give results. If the conflict is not resolved peacefully, we will release our occupied lands by military means. Nobody doubts this in Azerbaijan. Perhaps, in Armenia, no one doubts this. This conflict also poses a threat to Europe,” he added.
Sajjad Karim, British MP, Chairman of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee that the European Parliament has always demonstrated its formal position.
“We have always recognized Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. Armenia must understand that when changing its position, it can participate in regional cooperation. We are following changes in Armenia. We will support dynamics ensuring stability in the region,” he noted.
Related news releases
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 07.05.2018Prosecutor General's Office: Extradition of person inflicted injures to Supreme Rada MP to be considered
- 07.05.2018Sabuhi Shahverdiyev appointed prosecutor for Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 07.05.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijani legislation allows NGOs to operate freely