Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
Iran’s Embassy in Azerbaijan has released a statement on the terrorist attacks committed in Tehran on Wednesday.
Strongly condemning the terrorist attacks, the embassy said that since its establishment, Iran has witnessed many painful events, APA reported.
“Iran has achieved stability precisely as a result of the fight against terrorism and the protection of internal security. Iran is one of the region's most stable and democratic countries,” the embassy said in the statement.
The embassy also pointed to the presidential election recently held in Iran in safe conditions with the participation of more than 73 percent of the population.
“Our country always follows the course of preserving peace and stability in the region,” said the Iranian embassy, noting that yesterday’s terror attacks can be described as a reflection of the concern of enemies of peace in the region.
“Such events will not have any negative impact on the will of the Iranian state and its people who support peace, security, prosperity and development in the region. The great people of Iran consider it their responsibility to strengthen peace and tranquility, as well as to intensify fight against terrorism,” the embassy added.
Two separate attacks shook Tehran on June 7. As reports said, several armed people tried to break their way into the Parliament building.
The attackers managed to get inside the building and engaged in a shootout with the security forces. One terrorist committed suicide by blowing himself up. The latest reports indicate that all four terrorists who took part in the siege of the parliament building have been killed.
Meanwhile, another attack took place at the Imam Khomeini Shrine. The reports said Iran's security forces neutralized one terrorist, another one committed suicide.
A separate terrorist group in the country has been detained before it managed to carry out any terror attack. Fars news agency issued a report saying that ISIL claimed responsibility for the terror attacks in Tehran.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018CEC: Interesting people may apply and familiar with candidates’ documents
- 24.02.2018CEC approves more two candidates’ nomination for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Large-scale pardoning expected in Azerbaijan – parl’t speaker
- 23.02.2018No political prisoners in Azerbaijan, says MP
- 23.02.2018Next plenary session of Azerbaijani parliament begins
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan's ruling party submits voter signatures to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general