Ilham Aliyev: We will build a stronger Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has said that Azerbaijani people have again demonstrated great confidence in him.
“The people of Azerbaijan have again placed great confidence in me in the presidential election. I would like to express my gratitude to my dear people for this confidence, for this great support. I have always felt support of the people of Azerbaijan. This support gives me strength. This support is the primary condition for our development. People-government unity lies at the heart of our development in Azerbaijan. In this election the people of Azerbaijan voted for stability, security, development, prosperity, and highly appreciated what has been done over the past 15 years. We have achieved this success together with you. People-government unity, our purposeful policy has transformed Azerbaijan into a powerful state. Azerbaijan`s international influence is growing, we managed to take a worthy standing on the global scale. Azerbaijan is today a country, which enjoys great respect, support in the world. We are a reliable partner, we are a country to be reckoned with, we managed to considerably strengthen our international standing,” said President Ilham Aliyev in his message to Azerbaijani people.
The Head of State noted that Azerbaijan has not deviated by an inch from our principled position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “Our principled position is being reinforced. This conflict must be solved within the framework of our country`s territorial integrity, there is no other way. In the past few years a number of influential international organizations have adopted several decisions and resolutions backing our position and justice. We have won great diplomatic victories. At the same time, we sealed victory on the battlefield. The Azerbaijan soldier, Azerbaijani army, the state of Azerbaijan liberated part of our territories from occupation. Part of Aghdara, Fuzuli, Jabrayil regions was freed from occupation, and Azerbaijan`s flag is today flying in these lands. Life returns to the retaken territories, people return there. The presidential election is held in these lands. The day will come when Azerbaijan`s flag will be raised, when the presidential election will be held, when the President of Azerbaijan will be elected in all our territories, which are under occupation.”
Ilham Aliyev said: “We should grow stronger. In order to grow stronger we should build a stronger economy. There is not a second country that has developed economically as much as Azerbaijan has in the past 15 years. Our economy has grown 3.2 times and Azerbaijan is today one of the world`s most competitive countries. We rank 35th in terms of competitiveness.
Our policy has always centered on the Azerbaijani citizen, his problems, concerns, his well-being. Salaries and pensions have increased 8 times in the past 15 years. This policy will be continued. Azerbaijan has become a country with space industry. We bring and apply advanced technologies in our country, and technological, scientific development will be one of the key priorities of our future activities.
In short, results are obvious in all areas. Azerbaijan is implementing huge energy and transport projects. On our initiative and with our participation these projects are redrawing Eurasia`s transport and energy maps. The state of Azerbaijan has never been this powerful. We have built a strong state, we should and will build a stronger Azerbaijan.
We have gone through a decent path, a path of triumphs and success. I am confident that we will always move forward on the path of success. Towards new triumphs!”
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018OSCE Secretary-General congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Dates set for next plenary meetings of Azerbaijani parliament
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani Presidential Administration head urges end to corruption in State Migration Service
- 24.04.2018New head of Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Refugees and IDPs introduced to staff
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament ratifies law on insolvency
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves ombudsperson’s annual report - UPDATED
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments to Constitution of Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic
- 24.04.2018Suspects in Toronto van attack identified
- 23.04.2018Ministers and chairmen of committees appointed to the new government of Azerbaijan
- 23.04.2018Chairman of Azerbaijan State Tourism Agency appointed
- 23.04.2018New appointments made for vacant posts in Cabinet of Ministers - UPDATED
- 23.04.2018Ali Hasanov: US State Department's attitude to situation in Azerbaijan is biased as always
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: 44 out of 55 political parties submitted annual financial reports
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani Interior Ministry confirms detention of ex-MP Huseyn Abdullayev
- 21.04.2018Rovshan Rzayev appointed head of State Committee for Refugees and IDPs
- 21.04.2018Samir Nuriyev to head Azerbaijan’s State Committee for Urban Planning and Architecture
- 21.04.2018Inam Karimov appointed Azerbaijan’s minister of agriculture
- 21.04.2018No appointments for some posts in new gov’t, some officials remain in place - LIST
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov relieved of his duties Assistant to the Azerbaijani President for Foreign Policy Issues – head of department
- 21.04.2018Abid Sharifov, Elchin Afandiyev, Ismat Abasov relieved of their duties
- 21.04.2018Sahil Babayev named Azerbaijan’s new minister of labor and social protection of population
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev approves new composition of Cabinet of Ministers
- 21.04.2018Hajibala Abutalibov relieved of his duties as Baku mayor
- 21.04.2018Organizations which fail to abide by rules during emergencies to be closed until the situation ends
- 21.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints Novruz Mammadov as PM
- 21.04.2018Biography of Azerbaijan’s new Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov: I will do my best to fulfill tasks set by Azerbaijani president
- 21.04.2018Novruz Mammadov expresses gratitude to Azerbaijani president for confidence in him
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament approves Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM - UPDATED
- 21.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament considering Novruz Mammadov’s candidacy as new PM
- 21.04.2018President Aliyev expresses gratitude to Artur Rasizade for his activity as PM
- 21.04.2018President of the Council of State of the Republic of Cuba congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 21.04.2018Total CEO congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism divided into two structures
- 20.04.2018Ali Hasanov awarded Order "For Service to Motherland"
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to consider approval of new PM on April 21 - UPDATED
- 19.04.2018NATO issues statement on Gerasimov-Scaparrotti meeting in Baku
- 19.04.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss ombudsperson's annual report on April 24
- 18.04.2018Azerbaijani president: Only countries with strong economy can pursue independent policy
- 18.04.2018President Aliyev: Fight against corruption and bribery will continue in Azerbaijan
- 12.04.2018CEC announces preliminary results of presidential election: Ilham Aliyev gains 86 percent of votes
- 12.04.2018Voting in Azerbaijan’s presidential election was well-organized: British MP
- 12.04.2018SCO: No law violations recorded at presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2018Presidential nominee Zahid Oruj congratulated Ilham Aliyev on winning the presidential election
- 11.04.2018Italian MP: "The election process was organized flawlessly"
- 11.04.2018BMAM: There were no violations at presidential election