Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
Today, Azerbaijani society lives in comfort, in conditions of security and stability, nowadays, this is an achievement, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“We managed to protect our country from possible risks. As for the sources of risk within the country, I can say that there are virtually no risks,” the president said at the ceremony of presenting apartments to journalists in a newly built building in Baku on the occasion of the National Press Day, APA reported.
“To protect the country from outside risks, a rather serious policy is being carried out in the ideological sphere and in border protection. In general, we always try to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks for Azerbaijani people to live in comfort, in conditions of peace. I think that we have achieved that,” he added.
The head of state said that people who hold different political views and are members of different parties will live in these buildings as a family.
“In fact, Azerbaijani society is also developing in this direction. There is national solidarity in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani society is united around a common goal,” President Aliyev said. “Our development, stability, and peace today are being studied in many parts of the world and sometimes are met with surprise. There is a very simple reason for this. The reason is, there are very good democratic conditions in Azerbaijan. There is economic development in Azerbaijan.”
He stressed that Azerbaijan pursued an independent policy and strengthened its position both in the region and in the world.
“Our influence is growing and Azerbaijan pursues a goodwill policy. Our policy is focused on the interests of Azerbaijan’s citizens and state. I think that these two main factors already have very strong roots in Azerbaijan. The steps we have taken on our social, economic and foreign policies have resulted in a lot of success for us. There is a great sympathy for Azerbaijan around the world,” President Aliyev added.
Related news releases
- 24.10.2017Turkish soldier martyred in PKK attack
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament holds plenary meeting
- 19.10.2017Musavat Party postpones rally scheduled for Oct. 21
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijan considers fining officials failing to control execution of public works and administrative penalties
- 19.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office denies Musavat Party request for rally
- 19.10.2017EU intends to help Azerbaijan increase its economic and export potential
- 18.10.2017Shaitdin Aliyev and Nizami Nadirov awarded Order "For Service to the Motherland"
- 18.10.2017Unauthorized rally in Baku to be prevented, police says
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan marks 26th anniversary of state independence
- 14.10.2017Azerbaijani president appoints new chairs and judges to first instance courts
- 14.10.2017Alexander Lukashenko: Belarus supports settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 14.10.2017Netanyahu lauds Trump's Iran turn, sees chance to change nuclear deal
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani president approves regulations of Cabinet of Ministers Office
- 10.10.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva pays respect to prominent Orientalist Aida Imanguliyeva
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on humanization of penalties on Oct. 20
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 going to be a year of serious economic reforms in Azerbaijan
- 07.10.2017About 1200 people join rally in Baku - police - UPDATED
- 06.10.2017First Vice-President of Azerbaijan: "Our enemy resorts to all kinds of dirty deeds"
- 05.10.2017Baku Mayor’s Office approves National Council request for rally
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Those killed in Las Vegas were victims of political corruption
- 02.10.2017Iraqi gov’t should decide upon sending Azerbaijani children home, diplomat says
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani MP: Some forces are worried about citizens’ support for president
- 02.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan – an island of stability and development
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament opens autumn session
- 30.09.2017Zakir Garalov: Four Turkish citizens on int’l wanted list over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 30.09.2017Azerbaijan says investigation into espionage case will be completed by year-end
- 30.09.2017Blast hits Afghan capital near Shi'ite mosque, killing at least one
- 29.09.2017Karabakh Liberation Organization stages rally outside UN Baku Office in support of Iraq’s territorial integrity
- 29.09.2017Chairman of Azerbaijani Supreme Court’s Board for Criminal Cases criticizes some judges
- 29.09.2017State and government officials attend farewell ceremony for Lotfi Zadeh
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins public hearings on amendments proposed by president to Criminal Code
- 28.09.2017Christian missionaries engage dangerous activity in Azerbaijan – MP
- 27.09.2017Azerbaijan replacing arrests for some crimes with financial sanctions
- 27.09.2017ADB to allocate nearly $800 mln to Azerbaijan
- 26.09.2017Ali Huseynli: Analyses show that unfounded life imprisonment is prevalent
- 26.09.2017Azerbaijan intends to join Vienna Convention on Law of Treaties
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal