Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
Today, Azerbaijani society lives in comfort, in conditions of security and stability, nowadays, this is an achievement, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“We managed to protect our country from possible risks. As for the sources of risk within the country, I can say that there are virtually no risks,” the president said at the ceremony of presenting apartments to journalists in a newly built building in Baku on the occasion of the National Press Day, APA reported.
“To protect the country from outside risks, a rather serious policy is being carried out in the ideological sphere and in border protection. In general, we always try to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks for Azerbaijani people to live in comfort, in conditions of peace. I think that we have achieved that,” he added.
The head of state said that people who hold different political views and are members of different parties will live in these buildings as a family.
“In fact, Azerbaijani society is also developing in this direction. There is national solidarity in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani society is united around a common goal,” President Aliyev said. “Our development, stability, and peace today are being studied in many parts of the world and sometimes are met with surprise. There is a very simple reason for this. The reason is, there are very good democratic conditions in Azerbaijan. There is economic development in Azerbaijan.”
He stressed that Azerbaijan pursued an independent policy and strengthened its position both in the region and in the world.
“Our influence is growing and Azerbaijan pursues a goodwill policy. Our policy is focused on the interests of Azerbaijan’s citizens and state. I think that these two main factors already have very strong roots in Azerbaijan. The steps we have taken on our social, economic and foreign policies have resulted in a lot of success for us. There is a great sympathy for Azerbaijan around the world,” President Aliyev added.
Related news releases
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Head of Yasamal District Executive Power dismissed
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session
- 30.06.2017Azerbaijani MP voices concern over some witness testimonies challenging government
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president awards several employees of Interior Ministry
- 29.06.2017Four officers of Azerbaijani Interior Ministry promoted to rank of major general
- 29.06.2017Azerbaijani president submits to parliament bill on humanization of criminal legislation
- 29.06.2017Arif Seyidov awarded order “For service to the Motherland”
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal