Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
Today, Azerbaijani society lives in comfort, in conditions of security and stability, nowadays, this is an achievement, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“We managed to protect our country from possible risks. As for the sources of risk within the country, I can say that there are virtually no risks,” the president said at the ceremony of presenting apartments to journalists in a newly built building in Baku on the occasion of the National Press Day, APA reported.
“To protect the country from outside risks, a rather serious policy is being carried out in the ideological sphere and in border protection. In general, we always try to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks for Azerbaijani people to live in comfort, in conditions of peace. I think that we have achieved that,” he added.
The head of state said that people who hold different political views and are members of different parties will live in these buildings as a family.
“In fact, Azerbaijani society is also developing in this direction. There is national solidarity in Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani society is united around a common goal,” President Aliyev said. “Our development, stability, and peace today are being studied in many parts of the world and sometimes are met with surprise. There is a very simple reason for this. The reason is, there are very good democratic conditions in Azerbaijan. There is economic development in Azerbaijan.”
He stressed that Azerbaijan pursued an independent policy and strengthened its position both in the region and in the world.
“Our influence is growing and Azerbaijan pursues a goodwill policy. Our policy is focused on the interests of Azerbaijan’s citizens and state. I think that these two main factors already have very strong roots in Azerbaijan. The steps we have taken on our social, economic and foreign policies have resulted in a lot of success for us. There is a great sympathy for Azerbaijan around the world,” President Aliyev added.
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates funds for restoration of Yanardag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 25.06.2018Six new sectors created at Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal