President: Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would’ve been impossible without first State Program
Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would have been impossible if the first State Program had not been adopted, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The first and second programs on the development of districts have been successfully implemented, President Aliyev said addressing a conference dedicated to the results of third year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of Azerbaijani districts in 2014-2018" in Baku Jan. 30.
“I’m confident that the third State Program will also be carried out successfully,” the president said, calling the first State Program a ‘historical step’.
“Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would have been impossible if the first State Program had not been accepted,” President Aliyev said. “All of our cities have been renovated. Major infrastructure projects have been realized, which gives impetus to dynamic development in Azerbaijan. The first stage had more to do with infrastructure projects, which was reasonable.”
“In the first stage, we were unable to ensure our energy security. The Baku-Tbilisi-Jeyhan oil pipeline was still under construction. We were buying gas from abroad,” the head of state said noting that the first goal was to ensure our energy independence.
“Of the 35 existing electric stations, 26 have been built in the country since 2004 as part of the State Program. At the time, gasification was 51% in Azerbaijan, and in districts there was almost no gasification. Today gasification is 91%,” he added.
Speaking of the infrastructure projects, the president said there can not be investment or development in a country that has no highway infrastructure. “The construction of highway infrastructure brings together large manpower. The aim is to have quality highways connecting cities and villages,” he said.
The head of state recalled that four reservoirs have been built in the country over the past four years.
“I have to mention the Takhtakorpu, Shamkirchay, and Tovuzchay reservoirs,” the president said. “We import a significant amount of water resources from abroad. Thus we need to create our own water resources, which required massive investment. However, the main part of the work has been accomplished.”
President Aliyev pointed out that the main infrastructure projects have been realized since the first State Program.
“I had wanted these to be accomplished as soon as possible. This infrastructure will be serving Azerbaijan for decades. Investment can be made in a place that has a base infrastructure. No businessman can invest in a place where there is no gas, electricity, water, and highways,” he added.
Related news releases
- 13.01.2018Isa Gambar hospitalized for heart problem
- 13.01.2018Office of OSCE Representative on Freedom of Media should avoid taking tendentious approach toward Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani ombudsperson issues statement on 28th anniversary of January tragedy
- 11.01.2018Draft law on implementation by Azerbaijan of int'l organizations’ decisions to be tabled in parliament again
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to declare 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’ - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Azerbaijani president announces 2017 economic indicators
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan witnessed successful, rapid development in 2017
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev declares 2018 ‘Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic’
- 10.01.2018Grandson of famous Azerbaijani intellectual Ahmed bey Agaoglu passes away
- 08.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament denies reports of increase in MP salaries
- 04.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends Christmas congratulations to Azerbaijan’s Orthodox Christian community
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament not to discuss issue of electing new ombudsperson during spring session
- 04.01.2018Azerbaijan approves plan of events to commemorate 28th anniversary of 20 January tragedy
- 02.01.2018The Azerbaijani MFA expresses its attitude towards the events in Iran
- 02.01.2018Date set for Azerbaijani parliament’s first plenary meeting in 2018
- 01.01.2018Congratulatory address of Ilham Aliyev to the people of Azerbaijan on the occasion of the Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis and New Year
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani parliament wraps up last plenary meeting in 2017
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani Parliament to mark 100th anniversary
- 28.12.2017Two more issues included in agenda of Azerbaijani parliament's last session for 2017
- 27.12.2017Rafael Gvaladze awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase minimum wage
- 25.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends congratulations on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 24.12.2017Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani journalists extend birthday congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev - VIDEO
- 24.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended groundbreaking ceremony of first building in MIDA Hovsan residential complex
- 24.12.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev turns 56 today
- 23.12.2017India intends to cooperate with Azerbaijan on space
- 23.12.2017New Azerbaijan Party holds conference titled 'At the junction of East and West: New Energy and Communication Opportunities' - UPDATED
- 23.12.2017New excise rates set for goods imported to Azerbaijan
- 22.12.2017Procedure for calculation of old-age labor pensions in Azerbaijan announced
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: No problem in Azerbaijan on religious and national grounds
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: For Azerbaijan, Islamic solidarity is not only an idea but also a priority
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani to hold presidential election on 17 October 2018
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends int’l conference dedicated to Year of Islamic Solidarity
- 20.12.2017Survey: 85.2% of respondents will vote for President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.12.2017Georgia to pay special attention to teaching state language in regions with ethnic minorities
- 16.12.2017Azerbaijani First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva awarded high order of Russian Orthodox Church
- 15.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 15.12.2017Details emerge of CEC’s empowerment to strip an MP of mandate for ethics violations
- 15.12.2017Free airtime for election candidates remains in force, MP says
- 30.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan leading implementation of Southern Gas Corridor
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani people will return to their ancestral lands - Ilham Aliyev
- 30.01.2017President: Strong business sector created in Azerbaijan
- 28.01.2017Deputy prime minister: Our society is at stage of strict reforms
- 27.01.2017At least 20 killed in Somali rebel attack
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani mother, two children killed in ISIL bombing in Syria