President: Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would’ve been impossible without first State Program
Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would have been impossible if the first State Program had not been adopted, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
The first and second programs on the development of districts have been successfully implemented, President Aliyev said addressing a conference dedicated to the results of third year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of Azerbaijani districts in 2014-2018" in Baku Jan. 30.
“I’m confident that the third State Program will also be carried out successfully,” the president said, calling the first State Program a ‘historical step’.
“Today’s achievements of Azerbaijan would have been impossible if the first State Program had not been accepted,” President Aliyev said. “All of our cities have been renovated. Major infrastructure projects have been realized, which gives impetus to dynamic development in Azerbaijan. The first stage had more to do with infrastructure projects, which was reasonable.”
“In the first stage, we were unable to ensure our energy security. The Baku-Tbilisi-Jeyhan oil pipeline was still under construction. We were buying gas from abroad,” the head of state said noting that the first goal was to ensure our energy independence.
“Of the 35 existing electric stations, 26 have been built in the country since 2004 as part of the State Program. At the time, gasification was 51% in Azerbaijan, and in districts there was almost no gasification. Today gasification is 91%,” he added.
Speaking of the infrastructure projects, the president said there can not be investment or development in a country that has no highway infrastructure. “The construction of highway infrastructure brings together large manpower. The aim is to have quality highways connecting cities and villages,” he said.
The head of state recalled that four reservoirs have been built in the country over the past four years.
“I have to mention the Takhtakorpu, Shamkirchay, and Tovuzchay reservoirs,” the president said. “We import a significant amount of water resources from abroad. Thus we need to create our own water resources, which required massive investment. However, the main part of the work has been accomplished.”
President Aliyev pointed out that the main infrastructure projects have been realized since the first State Program.
“I had wanted these to be accomplished as soon as possible. This infrastructure will be serving Azerbaijan for decades. Investment can be made in a place that has a base infrastructure. No businessman can invest in a place where there is no gas, electricity, water, and highways,” he added.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Organization of services checked at Baku international airport
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC initiates investigation into several political parties
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan to restrict use of hookah and electronic cigarette
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijan names new deputy head of Anti-Corruption Department
- 26.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan to mark production of 2 billion tons of oil this year
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins plenary session
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani State Security Service granted new powers in making list of domestic terrorists
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijan to impose heavy fines for prostitution and gambling
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 30.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan leading implementation of Southern Gas Corridor
- 30.01.2017Azerbaijani people will return to their ancestral lands - Ilham Aliyev
- 30.01.2017President: Strong business sector created in Azerbaijan
- 28.01.2017Deputy prime minister: Our society is at stage of strict reforms
- 27.01.2017At least 20 killed in Somali rebel attack
- 26.01.2017Azerbaijani mother, two children killed in ISIL bombing in Syria