Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan, and no country can develop while unstable, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of creation of the New Azerbaijan Party on Tuesday, APA reported.
“Today we see that there are no investments or social well-being in various parts of the world where stability is disturbed. Generally, such countries face a bitter fate. It is the people of Azerbaijan that guarantees our stability and it is the unity of the people and government that allows us to plan our long-term development strategy. As a result, Azerbaijan receives billions of dollars of foreign investment and the people of Azerbaijan live in relaxed, tranquil and secure conditions. That's why we should continue to work in a way so that Azerbaijan keeps on developing. I don’t doubt that social and political stability will prevail in Azerbaijan," said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that all freedoms will continue to be ensured in Azerbaijan.
"We are building a democratic society. The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party was a manifestation of democracy. Nevertheless, the APF-Musavat couple, which had occupied power in a coup d'etat, was ready to take the most antidemocratic steps to come in the party’s way. However, the New Azerbaijan Party made a great contribution to the creation of a political system in the country at that time. Today we are on the path to democracy,” he said.
The president noted that all freedoms – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly – are fully provided in Azerbaijan.
“But a group calling itself opposition and trying to use the freedom of assembly believes that some artificial barriers are being imposed on them. However, this is absolutely not the case. They should look for the reasons for those failed rallies in themselves. The people have long said “no” to those elements. They have no place in the political arena of Azerbaijan. It's not because we are hindering them, but because they are doomed to failure,” said the president.
“Their non-constructive actions and aggressive behavior increase tenfold the people’s hatred towards them. Especially it is impossible to hide something in present, in the internet century. The people of Azerbaijan know very well that today a group calling itself opposition is ruled out from abroad. They are given commands from abroad. As a result of those commands, they take an action and become active for a certain period of time. Then, when they see that less than a thousand people come to rallies, they make leeway. This once again shows that the Azerbaijani people will never allow the elements ruled out from abroad, the fifth column, to have certain positions in our country. The methodology is very simple, very easy. A lie is fabricated, and a slander campaign is given abroad. Then, this lie and slander is disseminated in foreign press. Later, on the basis of this, a certain stir - I would not call this revival - is observed. This stir shows itself in a few rallies. As always, the last rally is frustrating for its organizers, and the issue ends. In other words, today, the group which wants to take political struggle in this form - they can not be called force – does not take a lesson from anything. Time changes, people change, Azerbaijan is changing, methods of political struggle change, but they still want to live with old thinking and spend their trivial lives on these issues,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 17.11.2017European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Ahliman Amiraslanov awarded 'Sharaf' order
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Absheron district
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute
- 13.11.2017MP Hasanguliyev urges privatization of ‘Azerishig’ and ‘Azeristiliktechizat’
- 13.11.2017Arif Rahimzade: Local executive authorities restrict activities of municipalities
- 12.11.2017Azerbaijan marks Constitution Day
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of Center for Strategic Studies
- 10.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: No financial problems in Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017About 20 Azerbaijani children in Iraqi shelter to be repatriated soon – diplomat
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Ganja city
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Flag Day
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session rescheduled
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani President approves the changes related to the activities of the institution of legal representation
- 06.11.2017US lifts visa restrictions on Turkey on 'limited basis'
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views retro carriages of Baku Metro
- 03.11.2017Zeynal Naghdaliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 03.11.2017Musavat Party stages rally outside Baku Mayor's Office
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Musa Gasimli with order
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Hadi Rajabli with order
- 28.10.2017National Council holds rally
- 27.10.2017Amendments to draft law on institution of legal representation in Azerbaijani courts revealed
- 27.10.2017Minister of Emergency Situations Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Shabran
- 26.10.2017Mubariz Gurbanli: Azerbaijan’s steps against religious extremists – signal to their financial backers
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijan eyes to prohibit presence of representatives in trials
- 25.10.2017Baku Mayor's Office approves National Council’s request for rally
- 25.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament to begin discussion on 2018 draft state budget on Nov. 21
- 25.10.2017AZN 55 mln to be allocated for 2018 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 24.10.2017Turkish soldier martyred in PKK attack
- 22.10.2017Gunmen kill 13 Niger gendarmes in attack near Mali border
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves amendments on humanization of penalties
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani MPs voice protest over PACE’s anti-Azerbaijan resolutions
- 20.10.2017MP Seyidov: Attempts being made to drive Azerbaijan out of Council of Europe - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed