Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan, and no country can develop while unstable, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at a ceremony marking the 25th anniversary of creation of the New Azerbaijan Party on Tuesday, APA reported.
“Today we see that there are no investments or social well-being in various parts of the world where stability is disturbed. Generally, such countries face a bitter fate. It is the people of Azerbaijan that guarantees our stability and it is the unity of the people and government that allows us to plan our long-term development strategy. As a result, Azerbaijan receives billions of dollars of foreign investment and the people of Azerbaijan live in relaxed, tranquil and secure conditions. That's why we should continue to work in a way so that Azerbaijan keeps on developing. I don’t doubt that social and political stability will prevail in Azerbaijan," said Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state noted that all freedoms will continue to be ensured in Azerbaijan.
"We are building a democratic society. The establishment of the New Azerbaijan Party was a manifestation of democracy. Nevertheless, the APF-Musavat couple, which had occupied power in a coup d'etat, was ready to take the most antidemocratic steps to come in the party’s way. However, the New Azerbaijan Party made a great contribution to the creation of a political system in the country at that time. Today we are on the path to democracy,” he said.
The president noted that all freedoms – freedom of assembly, freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, freedom of assembly – are fully provided in Azerbaijan.
“But a group calling itself opposition and trying to use the freedom of assembly believes that some artificial barriers are being imposed on them. However, this is absolutely not the case. They should look for the reasons for those failed rallies in themselves. The people have long said “no” to those elements. They have no place in the political arena of Azerbaijan. It's not because we are hindering them, but because they are doomed to failure,” said the president.
“Their non-constructive actions and aggressive behavior increase tenfold the people’s hatred towards them. Especially it is impossible to hide something in present, in the internet century. The people of Azerbaijan know very well that today a group calling itself opposition is ruled out from abroad. They are given commands from abroad. As a result of those commands, they take an action and become active for a certain period of time. Then, when they see that less than a thousand people come to rallies, they make leeway. This once again shows that the Azerbaijani people will never allow the elements ruled out from abroad, the fifth column, to have certain positions in our country. The methodology is very simple, very easy. A lie is fabricated, and a slander campaign is given abroad. Then, this lie and slander is disseminated in foreign press. Later, on the basis of this, a certain stir - I would not call this revival - is observed. This stir shows itself in a few rallies. As always, the last rally is frustrating for its organizers, and the issue ends. In other words, today, the group which wants to take political struggle in this form - they can not be called force – does not take a lesson from anything. Time changes, people change, Azerbaijan is changing, methods of political struggle change, but they still want to live with old thinking and spend their trivial lives on these issues,” added the president.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed