Ilham Aliyev: Nothing can hinder realization of Southern Gas Corridor
Nothing can hinder the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC), said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas pipeline (TANAP), which we laid the foundation of in 2011 together with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was a turning point for the Southern Gas Corridor project, President Aliyev said addressing the third ministerial meeting of the SGC Advisory Council in Baku Feb. 22, APA-Economics reported citing Bloomberg.
The president noted that TANAP, which is the main part of the Southern Gas Corridor, is 65% complete, South Caucasus Pipeline (SCP) 80%, Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) 35%, and 90% of the Shah Deniz field has been used.
“In 2011, we signed TANAP with Turkish President Erdogan. The signing ceremony that was held in Istanbul was a turning point. Then other agreements followed. Without the TANAP agreement, this project would not have been realized,” the president added.
Nothing can hinder the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor, President Aliyev stressed.
“We cannot allow delays in the implementation of the project. Some may pretend environmental issues, but environmental regulations are respected fully in the framework of the project. I’m confident of a positive result,” said Azerbaijan’s president, expressing confidence that the project will be implemented in a timely manner.
Related news releases
- 24.02.2018CEC: Interesting people may apply and familiar with candidates’ documents
- 24.02.2018CEC approves more two candidates’ nomination for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018Large-scale pardoning expected in Azerbaijan – parl’t speaker
- 23.02.2018No political prisoners in Azerbaijan, says MP
- 23.02.2018Next plenary session of Azerbaijani parliament begins
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan's ruling party submits voter signatures to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidency
- 22.02.2018Fattah Heydarov awarded "Istiglal" Order
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's deputy PM meets OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 22.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents "Istiglal" Order to MP Fattah Heydarov
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman meets with OSCE/ODIHR delegation
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend UN Human Rights Council’s session
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party wraps up signature campaign
- 21.02.2018Jens Stoltenberg: "NATO sees no Russian threat to any of its members"
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 23.02.2017Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly approves constitutional amendments
- 24.02.2017State Commission: Negotiations for Elnur Huseynzade ongoing with int’l organizations
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani Parliament adopts bill on Khojaly Genocide - UPDATED
- 22.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite being a small country, Azerbaijan is doing huge work
- 22.02.2017Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment to be ‘a big help’ in ensuring Azerbaijan’s sustainable development, says official
- 22.02.2017Governor of US State of Indiana issues proclamation on Khojaly Massacre