Ilham Aliyev: Nothing can hinder realization of Southern Gas Corridor
Nothing can hinder the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC), said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas pipeline (TANAP), which we laid the foundation of in 2011 together with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was a turning point for the Southern Gas Corridor project, President Aliyev said addressing the third ministerial meeting of the SGC Advisory Council in Baku Feb. 22, APA-Economics reported citing Bloomberg.
The president noted that TANAP, which is the main part of the Southern Gas Corridor, is 65% complete, South Caucasus Pipeline (SCP) 80%, Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP) 35%, and 90% of the Shah Deniz field has been used.
“In 2011, we signed TANAP with Turkish President Erdogan. The signing ceremony that was held in Istanbul was a turning point. Then other agreements followed. Without the TANAP agreement, this project would not have been realized,” the president added.
Nothing can hinder the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor, President Aliyev stressed.
“We cannot allow delays in the implementation of the project. Some may pretend environmental issues, but environmental regulations are respected fully in the framework of the project. I’m confident of a positive result,” said Azerbaijan’s president, expressing confidence that the project will be implemented in a timely manner.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 23.02.2017Nakhchivan’s Supreme Assembly approves constitutional amendments
- 24.02.2017State Commission: Negotiations for Elnur Huseynzade ongoing with int’l organizations
- 24.02.2017Azerbaijani Parliament adopts bill on Khojaly Genocide - UPDATED
- 22.02.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite being a small country, Azerbaijan is doing huge work
- 22.02.2017Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment to be ‘a big help’ in ensuring Azerbaijan’s sustainable development, says official
- 22.02.2017Governor of US State of Indiana issues proclamation on Khojaly Massacre