Ilham Aliyev: Growth of threats to global peace poses serious danger to peaceful co-existence of nations
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has addressed a message to the participants of the international conference, titled Acts of Genocides against Turkic-Muslim Nations in the 20th Century”, which is underway in Azerbaijan’s Gusar district.
The message notes that these days falls on the centennial of the genocide committed against Azerbaijanis by Armenian Dashnaks and Bolsheviks in 1918.
“The massacres and pogroms committed on the national and religious ground in different regions of Azerbaijan in that period were especially inhumane in Gusar, where the conference is organized today. The multinational and multi-confessional Azerbaijani society never forgets the acts of ethnic cleansing, deportation, terror and genocide committed against our people throughout history, and honors the memory of the victims,” President Aliyev said in his message.
The head of state stressed that the increase of threats to global peace and tranquility poses a serious danger to peaceful co-existence and mutually beneficial cooperation of nations.
“Unfortunately, extremism and terrorism caused by national, racial and religious discrimination have become bitter realities of the modern era,” he said.
The president’s message says that the international community’s double-standard approach to the ongoing bloody conflicts and mass violence in different parts of our planet poses a major obstacle to the prevention of these horrors and disasters.
“The objective, legal and political assessment of all ethnic cleansing and genocidal acts is of great importance in protecting the world from bloody tragedies and inhumane actions of destructive forces. Therefore, a thorough study of the dark pages of history, the disclosure of realities based on facts and analyzes will play an important role in making fair decisions. I believe that fruitful discussions to be held at the conference will continue the positive scientific traditions in the field of genocide investigation, and will give a powerful impetus to the publication of the works of world scientists. I wish you every success in your honorable and responsible work," added the Azerbaijani president.
Related news releases
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 18.05.2018Hasan Hasanov: First state called Azerbaijan established 7th century BC, when there was no trace of Armenians - INTERVIEW
- 18.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE sanctions – result of double-standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2018PACE decision directed against Azerbaijan’s economic development, says lawmaker
- 18.05.2018MP: Azerbaijan to continue its principled activity in PACE
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani lawmakers slam PACE sanctions decision
- 18.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of New Azerbaijan Party
- 17.05.2018Head of Binagadi District Executive Authority dismissed
- 16.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Nakhchivan to escape from blockade once North-South Transport Corridor is ready
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 15.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in capital of Mississipi
- 12.05.2018US to help North Korea's economy if it denuclearizes
- 11.05.2018Elchin Afandiyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 11.05.2018Rector of Azerbaijan State University of Culture and Arts removed from duty
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev appoints head of department for humanitarian policy issues at Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Rovshan Najaf appointed head of department at Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 11.05.2018Jewish community of Azerbaijan marks Day of Salvation and Liberation
- 11.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan’s principled position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged"
- 11.05.2018Azerbaijani President: "If Heydar Aliyev was at that time in Azerbaijan, he would not have allowed the Karabakh conflict to begin"
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony to mark 95th anniversary of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Exhibition titled “Heydar Aliyev: Personality, Mission, Heritage” opens in Baku
- 10.05.2018Parliament speaker: Heydar Aliyev always lived up to Azerbaijani people’s expectations and proved to be a true leader
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament holding special meeting
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends tree-planting campaign on occasion of national leader Heydar Aliyev’s birthday
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijani Chamber of Accounts to present annual report in parliament
- 10.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 10.05.2018Azerbaijan marks 95th birthday anniversary of National Leader Heydar Aliyev
- 09.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony to mark May 9 - Victory Day in Baku
- 09.05.2018Azerbaijan marks Day of Victory in Great Patriotic War
- 08.05.2018Karabakh conflict settlement discussed at EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijan National NGO Forum releases final report on April 11 presidential election
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijan eyes new punishments for termination of activities of enterprises, organizations through strikes
- 29.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev received president of United World Wrestling
- 26.04.2018Russia’s security chief presents Order of Honor to high-ranking Azerbaijani official
- 26.04.2018President of ExxonMobil congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.04.2018OSCE Secretary-General congratulates Ilham Aliyev