Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz
The message of congratulations says:
“Dear fellow countrymen! I sincerely congratulate you on the occasion of Novruz and wish each one of you good health, happiness and spring mood. The Spring holiday, which is the treasure of national existence and morality, is the memory of our wise ancestors for the present generations. This national holiday, which is connected with the unchangeable harmony and eternal laws of the universe, is a splendid example of our centuries-old culture. Novruz traditions hold an exceptional place among our values and have become an integral part of our people's mentality. Novruz, which calls the representatives of the society to interaction, strengthens sincerity and forms high moral features, is among the universal cultural values.
The Spring holiday was not forgotten even in the hardest times, did not let us lose confidence. Rooted in the depths of our souls, Novruz kept alive our consciousness and is one of the significant factors that ensured the realization of independent statehood ideals in Azerbaijan late in the past century. The preservation of ancient Novruz festivities, which unite richness of our moral culture, in the globalizing, rapidly changing world, is the symbol of Azerbaijan's devotion to historical-cultural, national and moral heritage.
The arrival of spring is distinguished by the large-scaled reconstruction and renovation works in all parts of our motherland and numerous achievements improving our people's welfare. Thousands of our compatriots are seeing this holiday abroad rallying behind the ideology of Azerbaijanism together with us. Let this holiday bring every family abundance and good mood! Happy Novruz!"
Related news releases
- 19.07.2018Number of lawyers in Azerbaijan exceeds 1,500
- 18.07.2018President of Italy awarded Order of "Heydar Aliyev"
- 17.07.2018President allocates funding for renovation of Yanar Dag reserve
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards ANAMA employees
- 16.07.2018New deputy mayor of Baku appointed
- 14.07.2018Orders of police officers martyred in Ganja presented to family members
- 14.07.2018Population's income in Azerbaijan increases by 7.3%
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev posthumously awards police officers killed in Azerbaijan's Ganja
- 13.07.2018President Aliyev: Neither foreign nor internal forces can influence people-government unity in Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Criminals, their supporters will fail to achieve their insidious goals
- 13.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs meeting of heads of Azerbaijan’s law enforcement bodies
- 13.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan, by talking about democracy, aims to legitimize his coming to power through coup d'état
- 13.07.2018Person accused of killing police officer in Azerbaijan’s Ganja eliminated
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Migration Code
- 11.07.2018Ali Hasanov: Vulnerable situation in Ganja requires even greater unity of society around state
- 11.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets European Council president in Brussels
- 11.07.2018Attempts to create chaos in Azerbaijan don’t have any prospects – official
- 10.07.2018Deputy Chief of Ganja City Police Office and Nizami District Police Office martyred while preventing unrest - OFFİCİAL
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of judicial authorities
- 10.07.2018Legal assessment to be given to activities of companies in connection with illegal production of non-ferrous metals in occupied territories of Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan is a very stable and strong country"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "We will fulfill all the tasks set in 2018"
- 09.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "I hope that the new government of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous leadership"
- 09.07.2018A number of persons penalized for issuing illegal calls on social networking over power cut and assault on Ganja head of executive authority
- 09.07.201812 suspects detained over assault on Ganja’s head of executive authority
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards employees of diplomatic service agencies
- 08.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev chaired meeting of Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in first half of 2018 and future objectives
- 07.07.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Emergency Situations appointed
- 06.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Constitutional Court played important role in ensuring stability of Azerbaijan’s legal system
- 05.07.2018Azerbaijani President received WHO Director General - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018Interior Minister : "In connection with the lack of electricity, no serious crimes were committed"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani President: "Serious investigation into the situation in the energy system should be carried out, the perpetrators should be brought to justice"
- 04.07.2018Prosecutor General: "Criminal case was initiated in connection with the incident at Mingachevir TPS"
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijan’s Presidential Administration: Government capable of ensuring security of country and population
- 03.07.2018MES: Works to eliminate the accident underway, evacuation process goes on
- 02.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani police should bring their activities in line with modern requirements
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards interior minister, first deputy interior minister
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament wraps up extraordinary session - UPDATED
- 28.06.2018US, Turkey can have 'more productive’ talk: Pompeo
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijan increases number of assistants to 1st vice-president
- 19.03.2014Imran Jafarzadeh's parents send letter to Azerbaijani President
- 19.03.2014Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 20.03.2014Azerbaijan transferred 11 imprisoned Iranian nationals to Iran - UPDATED
- 18.03.2014State to assume tuition fees of children of citizens who died, became disabled and went missing in military operations for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.03.2014Azerbaijan celebrates "Earth Tuesday" before Novruz in Azerbaijan.
- 17.03.2014Azerbaijani President increases pensions for war veterans