Azerbaijani people will return to their ancestral lands - Ilham Aliyev
The people of Azerbaijan will return to their ancestral lands, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said Monday.
“The Jojuq Marjanli village of the Jabrayil District is under reconstruction now. We’re returning our citizens to the liberated village,” the president said addressing a conference dedicated to the results of third year implementation of "The State Program on socio-economic development of Azerbaijani districts in 2014-2018".
The head of state said the villagers are welcoming this event.
“They are looking forward to returning to Jojuq Marjanli. We’re going to renovate this village in no time. It’s of huge historical importance,” Ilham Aliyev said.
The president recalled that the Jojuq Marjanli village had been under occupation for months and was liberated in the Horadiz operation at the order of Heydar Aliyev.
“But Armenians completely ruined the village over a period. I have instructed to appeal to international organizations for them to send their representatives to the village and see what the Armenian atrocity is."
“The village should be photographed, filmed, and documented. The infrastructure has to be restored and a new medical facility and a kindergarten have to be built," President Aliyev said. "In the first stage, 50 houses will be rebuilt and more than a hundred houses will be restored in the future. New jobs have to be created in the village. We’ll return our citizens to their native lands."
Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev earlier signed an order on measures to restore the Jojug Marjanli village of the Jabrayil District, liberated from the Armenian occupation. The State Committee of Azerbaijan for Affairs of Refugees and IDPs will receive 4 million manats from the Presidential Reserve Fund for 2017 for construction of 50 houses, a school building and the relevant infrastructure at the first stage, according to the order.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Polish President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city
- 22.06.2017Trump, new Saudi crown prince discuss Qatar rift
- 22.06.2017Russian diplomat appointed UN counter-terrorism head
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani President: “Today Azerbaijan is the center of multiculturalism on the planet”
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijan names director of newly-established State Advertising Agency
- 16.06.201714th Int’l Baku Conference of Ombudsmen kicks off
- 15.06.2017Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: The day will come when Azerbaijani flag will be waving in Shusha
- 14.06.2017Baku Stock Exchange quits Federation of European and Asian Stock Exchanges
- 14.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev views reconstruction work in Jojug Marjanli village
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s ruling party holds event on National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani economy to enter a new stage: deputy PM
- 13.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits grave of late Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 13.06.2017Last meeting of Azerbaijani parliament’s extraordinary session to take place on June 30
- 13.06.2017Notions of terrorist and terror broadened in Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani parliament begins extraordinary session
- 13.06.2017Russia would not have allowed to manipulate itself if joined NATO
- 12.06.2017Flights canceled, trains suspended as China braces for Typhoon
- 12.06.2017Deputy Heads of Secretariat of Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President appointed
- 09.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences over death of Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 08.06.2017Iranian embassy in Azerbaijan makes statement on terrorist attacks in Tehran
- 07.06.2017Azerbaijani expanding notion of terrorist and terror
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor General: Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry played a great role in exposing spy network
- 06.06.2017Azerbaijan has effective mechanism to combat corruption: prosecutor general
- 06.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Human rights and freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Families of people killed combating terrorism to get 90-fold of the deceased’s salary
- 05.06.2017Azerbaijan increases number of deputy justice ministers
- 05.06.2017Elchin Guliyev appointed head of Azerbaijan’s State Border Service
- 02.06.2017Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
- 01.06.2017Maharram Aliyev relieved of his duties
- 01.06.2017Institute of advisers under Azerbaijani Presidential Administration abolished
- 01.06.2017New departments created in Azerbaijani Presidential Administration
- 01.06.2017Azerbaijani president’s assistant for defense issues dismissed
- 17.05.2007NATO PA vice-president visits Baku
- 17.05.2007ICG Caucasus project director to visit Baku
- 17.05.2007Peter Semneby: Alan Waddams may lead EU office in Azerbaijan
- 17.05.2007Dagestan dissatisfied with distribution of the Samur river usage between Azerbaijan and Dagestan
- 17.05.2007Baku to host int conference on democracy in societies in transition on May 23
- 17.05.2007US State Department website posts announcement disputing Azerbaijani territorial integrity