Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
Today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“On the eve of the Armed Forces Day, we can say with certainty that today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies. This is obvious to the Azerbaijani public as well, and is also confirmed by the world’s leading rating agencies,” said President Aliyev addressing the opening ceremony of a new defense industry plant in country’s Shirvan city on Friday.
He noted that the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s 50 strongest armies.
“Army building is always in the spotlight of the Azerbaijani state. The largest part of the budget is spent on military needs, which is natural, because we live in a state of war,” the president said.
He pointed out that much work has been done in recent years to strengthen the material and technical base of the Azerbaijani army.
“The Azerbaijani army is well-equipped thanks to both local and imported products. The most modern weapons, combat vehicles, aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, artillery systems, armored vehicles, tanks, cannons, the most advanced air defense systems – all these means have greatly strengthened our military power,” added the president.
President Aliyev said that consistent work will also be carried out in this direction in subsequent years.
“Our military budget is large enough. This issue is a priority for us. I want to reiterate that we live in a state of war. If there was no war, then, probably, so much money would not have been spent on these purposes. But the war is not over, the first stage has come to an end. We must always stand ready to liberate our occupied territories by military means,” he said.
The president added that along with this, in recent years, the service and domestic problems of servicemen have been solved.
“In recent years, many military bases and towns have been commissioned and the service conditions of servicemen have been significantly improved,” he said.
President Aliyev noted that the work is also underway to fully improve the living conditions of Azerbaijani servicemen.
“Based on the decision taken to date, servicemen who have perfectly served for more than 20 years are provided with free apartments. This also shows the social policy of the Azerbaijani state and the country’s attention to the army,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 20.02.2018Parl’t vice-speaker: Numerous int’l observers to monitor presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 20.02.2018Cabinet of Ministers decides on second phase of resettlement from Sovetski area of Baku
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC registers 13th presidential candidate
- 19.02.2018Presidential election in Azerbaijan: Voter lists to be ready by March 3
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani government’s annual report expected to be tabled in parliament in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan presidential candidates to submit registrations to CEC
- 17.02.2018CEC receives 6 requests to observe presidential election
- 17.02.2018CEC Chairman: 13 people nominated for presidency as of yet
- 17.02.2018CEC approves presidential candidacy of another 7 people
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party launches signature collection campaign in support of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy
- 15.02.2018New chairman of Nakhchivan Supreme Court appointed
- 15.02.2018Ramiz Rzayev reappointed chairman of Azerbaijan's Supreme Court
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani Prosecutor General's Office publicizes statistics of complaints about referendums and elections held since 2002
- 15.02.2018Thirteen candidates nominated for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2018Unauthorized rallies during voting to be resolutely prevented, deputy minister says
- 15.02.2018No one can prevent transparent, democratic election campaigning in Azerbaijan – deputy minister
- 15.02.2018Deputy Minister: Unlike in Germany and other countries, prisoners in Azerbaijan hold their voting right
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC: Main condition for holding democratic elections is socio-political stability
- 15.02.2018Presidential aide: Local executive authorities instructed to review places for election campaigning
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev set tasks for authorities to ensure holding transparent election - official
- 15.02.2018Agenda for Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session announced
- 15.02.2018Rules for student admission to higher education institutions changes in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitations to int’l organizations, parliaments of various countries for observation of presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani CEC chairman issues warning to executive representatives and officials
- 14.02.2018Plenipotentiary representatives of Azerbaijan’s ruling party for presidential election approved
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves candidacy of four more persons nominated for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC approves Ilham Aliyev’s presidential candidacy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan’s CEC to discuss approval of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 13.02.2018Palestinian leader Abbas tells Putin he wants U.S. peace role diluted
- 12.02.2018Arzu Rahimov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 12.02.2018Plenipotentiary representative of Azerbaijan’s ruling party at presidential election appointed
- 12.02.2018Population’s free medical examination starts in Azerbaijan on Feb. 12
- 10.02.2018Umid (Hope) and Musavat Parties not to participate in presidential elections
- 10.02.2018New Azerbaijan Party holds republican meeting relating presidential elections
- 10.02.2018Official: NAP decision to nominate Ilham Aliyev for presidential election is supported by majority of Azerbaijani people
- 10.02.2018Tillerson sees tough talks with Turkey, others on Mideast trip
- 09.02.2018Ilgar Abbasov awarded Order “For Service to Motherland”
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan’s ruling party submits documents to CEC for registration of Ilham Aliyev’s candidacy for presidential election
- 08.02.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city