Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
Today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“On the eve of the Armed Forces Day, we can say with certainty that today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies. This is obvious to the Azerbaijani public as well, and is also confirmed by the world’s leading rating agencies,” said President Aliyev addressing the opening ceremony of a new defense industry plant in country’s Shirvan city on Friday.
He noted that the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s 50 strongest armies.
“Army building is always in the spotlight of the Azerbaijani state. The largest part of the budget is spent on military needs, which is natural, because we live in a state of war,” the president said.
He pointed out that much work has been done in recent years to strengthen the material and technical base of the Azerbaijani army.
“The Azerbaijani army is well-equipped thanks to both local and imported products. The most modern weapons, combat vehicles, aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, artillery systems, armored vehicles, tanks, cannons, the most advanced air defense systems – all these means have greatly strengthened our military power,” added the president.
President Aliyev said that consistent work will also be carried out in this direction in subsequent years.
“Our military budget is large enough. This issue is a priority for us. I want to reiterate that we live in a state of war. If there was no war, then, probably, so much money would not have been spent on these purposes. But the war is not over, the first stage has come to an end. We must always stand ready to liberate our occupied territories by military means,” he said.
The president added that along with this, in recent years, the service and domestic problems of servicemen have been solved.
“In recent years, many military bases and towns have been commissioned and the service conditions of servicemen have been significantly improved,” he said.
President Aliyev noted that the work is also underway to fully improve the living conditions of Azerbaijani servicemen.
“Based on the decision taken to date, servicemen who have perfectly served for more than 20 years are provided with free apartments. This also shows the social policy of the Azerbaijani state and the country’s attention to the army,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Ali Hasanov: Free media formed in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani parl’t sets date for last meeting of extraordinary session
- 19.06.2018Pompeo says Trump agreed to 'alter' Korea armistice
- 15.06.2018Azerbaijan marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Ali Ahmadov: Our opponents avoid face-to-face meetings in open political arena, indecently behave in social networks
- 14.06.2018New Azerbaijan Party marks National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Members of Azerbaijan Elders’ Council visit grave of national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 13.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 12.06.2018U.S. embassy presents awards to winners of Earth day art competition
- 12.06.2018Slaughterhouses meeting sanitary and hygienic standards to be created in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2018MP Yevda Abramov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 07.06.2018Head of Azerbaijan’s Tovuz district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018Pre-election campaign of Caspian European Club starts
- 06.06.2018Head of Aghdam district executive authority dismissed
- 06.06.2018New head of Binagadi executive authority appointed
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on border troops
- 01.06.2018Head of Gadabay District Executive Authority dismissed
- 01.06.2018MP: 618 convicts released from unserved part of prison sentence in Azerbaijan over last six months - EXCLUSIVE
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament ends spring session - UPDATED
- 29.05.2018GISDI releases final report on April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended concert dedicated to centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Period of APF-Musavat authority is a black stain in our history, years of shame
- 28.05.2018Head of state: Ability to influence our policy from outside is equal to zero
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani president: Economy has increased 3.2 times
- 28.05.2018Azerbaijani President: We made dreams of founders of Azerbaijan People’s Republic come true
- 28.05.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijani people can rightly be proud of establishment of first democratic republic in Muslim East
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends official reception on centennial of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits monument to Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 28.05.2018Today marks 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The interests of the Azerbaijani people are above all for us"
- 25.05.2018MP Elmira Akhundova awarded title of “People’s Writer”
- 25.05.2018Fattah Heydarov: Having failed to reach his ambitions, Rustam Ibrahimbeyov degrading his own people
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to hold special session in autumn to mark its centenary
- 24.05.2018National flag once hung in parliament of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic presented to government
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament announces agenda for final plenary meeting in spring session
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani president confers “People’s Artist” title on Yusif Eyvazov
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to convene extraordinary meeting
- 21.05.2018PACE sanction on Samad Seyidov ‘unfair’: OSCE PA vice-president
- 18.05.2018New head of Naftalan City Executive Authority appointed
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city