Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world’s strong armies
Today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“On the eve of the Armed Forces Day, we can say with certainty that today the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s strong armies. This is obvious to the Azerbaijani public as well, and is also confirmed by the world’s leading rating agencies,” said President Aliyev addressing the opening ceremony of a new defense industry plant in country’s Shirvan city on Friday.
He noted that the Azerbaijani army is among the world’s 50 strongest armies.
“Army building is always in the spotlight of the Azerbaijani state. The largest part of the budget is spent on military needs, which is natural, because we live in a state of war,” the president said.
He pointed out that much work has been done in recent years to strengthen the material and technical base of the Azerbaijani army.
“The Azerbaijani army is well-equipped thanks to both local and imported products. The most modern weapons, combat vehicles, aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, artillery systems, armored vehicles, tanks, cannons, the most advanced air defense systems – all these means have greatly strengthened our military power,” added the president.
President Aliyev said that consistent work will also be carried out in this direction in subsequent years.
“Our military budget is large enough. This issue is a priority for us. I want to reiterate that we live in a state of war. If there was no war, then, probably, so much money would not have been spent on these purposes. But the war is not over, the first stage has come to an end. We must always stand ready to liberate our occupied territories by military means,” he said.
The president added that along with this, in recent years, the service and domestic problems of servicemen have been solved.
“In recent years, many military bases and towns have been commissioned and the service conditions of servicemen have been significantly improved,” he said.
President Aliyev noted that the work is also underway to fully improve the living conditions of Azerbaijani servicemen.
“Based on the decision taken to date, servicemen who have perfectly served for more than 20 years are provided with free apartments. This also shows the social policy of the Azerbaijani state and the country’s attention to the army,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Minister: Governmental reforms led to saving of more than AZN 17M
- 22.11.2017Ogtay Asadov: If needed, we’ll reconsider oil price so that it doesn’t fall
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani CEC says will take necessary measures to hold free, fair presidential election next year
- 21.11.2017Law abolishing posts of state adviser and PA deputy head takes effect
- 21.11.2017MP proposes closure of Azerbaijani embassies in some countries
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani envoy: There can be no explanation for act against Turkey at recent NATO drill
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan parliament begins discussion of 2018 state budget package
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several persons for their active role in Azerbaijan’s public-political life
- 18.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary title ‘honored civil servant’ on two persons
- 17.11.2017MP Siyavush Novruzov: Musavat Party should not claim to be successor to the Musavat of ADR period
- 17.11.2017European Parliament unable to conceal coming under Armenian lobby’s influence, says Azerbaijani MP
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan begins preparation for celebration of ADR centenary
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day
- 16.11.2017"Learning to Learn" 2nd International Learning Conference underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Ahliman Amiraslanov awarded 'Sharaf' order
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Absheron district
- 15.11.2017Deputy Chairman of the Supreme Majlis of Nakhchivan AR dismissed
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss draft law on prevention of international crimes
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan reveals rules for treatment of released drug addict prisoners
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Stability will be lasting in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan now stronger than ever
- 14.11.2017President: Establishment of YAP was a turning point in history of modern Azerbaijani statehood
- 14.11.2017New assistant of Azerbaijan's first VP appointed
- 14.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends solemn ceremony marking 25th anniversary of New Azerbaijan Party
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan creates Food Security Institute
- 13.11.2017MP Hasanguliyev urges privatization of ‘Azerishig’ and ‘Azeristiliktechizat’
- 13.11.2017Arif Rahimzade: Local executive authorities restrict activities of municipalities
- 12.11.2017Azerbaijan marks Constitution Day
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president awards employees of Center for Strategic Studies
- 10.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: No financial problems in Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017About 20 Azerbaijani children in Iraqi shelter to be repatriated soon – diplomat
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Ganja city
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan marks National Flag Day
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani parliament’s plenary session rescheduled
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani President approves the changes related to the activities of the institution of legal representation
- 06.11.2017US lifts visa restrictions on Turkey on 'limited basis'
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views retro carriages of Baku Metro
- 03.11.2017Zeynal Naghdaliyev awarded Shohrat Order
- 03.11.2017Musavat Party stages rally outside Baku Mayor's Office
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijani President awards Musa Gasimli with order
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Eid al-Fitr
- 24.06.2017Elchin Amirbayov appointed assistant to Azerbaijan's First Vice-President
- 26.06.2017Eid al-Fitr prayer performed in Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani Armed Forces largely equipped with local products
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of Internal Troops military unit in Shirvan
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Shirvan city