Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty
Baku - APA. “Azerbaijan’s foreign policy is independent. It relies on the national interests of the Azerbaijani people. We are defending our national interests with honor and successfully. I can say that today the influence of Azerbaijan on regional processes increases. Azerbaijan frequently becomes the initiator of international projects," said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev addressing at nationwide festivities on occasion of Novruz holiday of Azerbaijani people
According to the President, the main problem of the country's foreign policy is the unresolved Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: "For many years, international law, justice is being violated. Nagorno-Karabakh is part of Azerbaijan, our historical, eternal land. Azerbaijani people have lived and worked on this land. All place names in Nagorno-Karabakh reflect the culture and history of the Azerbaijani people. Not only Nagorno -Karabakh but also a significant part of present-day Armenia - is ancient Azerbaijani land "- President Aliyev said.
The Head of State noted that historical justice and international law are violated: "The whole world community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan's territorial integrity will play a main role in addressing this issue. This conflict must find a solution on the basis of norms and principles of international law in the framework of the territorial integrity of the countries. Territorial integrity of the countries can not be changed without their consent. These are basic principles of international law; these principles form the basis of the Helsinki Final Act. I am sure that this conflict will find a solution based on international law. Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty. We, Azerbaijanis will return to Nagorno-Karabakh, other occupied lands and all the historical Azerbaijani lands. I have no doubt about it, and we have to be even stronger to achieve this. "
In recent years we are paying great attention to build the army. Our military budget is twice more than the entire state budget of Armenia. Military budget, readiness will play a main role in the settlement of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. "
"We have clear ideological foundations. I have already stated my thoughts about it. However, Armenia is a fascist state. Their national ideology is fascism, discrimination, nationalism. Victim of this ideology is precisely the Armenian people; they are devoid of independent development. It is very difficult to use the expression of “independent state” since they have no independent policy, no independent economy. I do not believe that the Armenian people may agree with the current situation, as every nation, every state wants to be independent. Today, to say it about Armenia is impossible, since Armenia shows itself in the best case as an outpost. "- said the Head of State.
"I am absolutely convinced that the growing power of Azerbaijan, our potential and forethought foreign policy will allow us to restore our territorial integrity. No other way. The course of history, our demographic development, economic potential allow us to say that the day when the national flag of Azerbaijan will flutter in Shusha, Khankendi is not far away. We need to become even stronger to do this. In the international arena, there are double standards. We are also victims of double standards. In the settlement of international relations the power factor is coming to the foreground. We must become and are becoming even stronger, "- said President Ilham Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 21.04.2017Azerbaijan to deploy 12,000 police during Islamic Solidarity Games
- 21.04.2017National Council postpones rally
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fine for illegal child adoption
- 20.04.2017Draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs to be discussed at parliament’s plenary session
- 20.04.2017U.S. considers restoring Pyongyang to terror sponsor list: Tillerson
- 19.04.2017Content of new draft code of conduct for Azerbaijani MPs revealed
- 19.04.2017Allahshukur Pashazade to visit Georgia
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan increasing fines for interference with voting
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new draft code of conduct for MPs
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan to increase fines for slander and insult
- 18.04.2017Azerbaijan to double maximum fine term for crime
- 18.04.2017SOFAZ: If EITI puts end to dual standards, Azerbaijan may consider membership issue
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: There is good investment climate in Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s export potential will continue to grow
- 17.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be very successful for Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference of non-oil exporters
- 17.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Aran Regional Development Center in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev visited statue of national leader Heydar Aliyev in Yevlakh
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Yevlakh district
- 14.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Orthodox Christian community
- 13.04.2017Ali Hasanov: Protesting reconstruction of Sovetsky is not the best example of religious devotion
- 13.04.2017Family members of Ordukhan Teymurkhan, who is living in Netherlands, appeal to Azerbaijani president
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijani president orders to establish special commission to investigate situation around Haji Javad Mosque
- 13.04.2017Trump: US 'not getting along with Russia at all'
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijan publicizes list of non-smoking places
- 11.04.2017Turkey deported Jalilov a few months before St. Petersburg terrorist attack
- 11.04.2017Azerbaijani oil price rises 1.5%
- 11.04.2017State Energy Service established in Nakhchivan.
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of some Azerbaijani embassies abroad – report
- 10.04.2017Shortcomings revealed in activities of Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry – report
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan achieved positive results in first quarter of 2017
- 10.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: 2017 will be successful year for Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017Deputy PM calls for end to injustice against Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev chairs Cabinet of Ministers meeting
- 10.04.2017Israeli envoy: Karabakh conflict settlement should be based on Minsk Group
- 08.04.2017Siyavush Novruzov: Relevant authorities investigating Ali Karimli’s migrant trade issue
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani CEC warns political parties over failure to submit financial reports
- 07.04.2017Azerbaijani parliament approves annual report by National Coordinator for combating human trafficking
- 07.04.2017Baku police warn National Council over scheduled rally
- 06.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan has never been as strong in history as it is now"
- 20.03.2014Azerbaijan transferred 11 imprisoned Iranian nationals to Iran - UPDATED
- 25.03.2014Man killed in car-bomb explosion in Italy
- 27.03.2014Temperature to drop sharply in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2014Imran Jafarzadeh's parents send letter to Azerbaijani President
- 18.03.2014Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz
- 18.03.2014State to assume tuition fees of children of citizens who died, became disabled and went missing in military operations for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity