Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty
Baku - APA. “Azerbaijan’s foreign policy is independent. It relies on the national interests of the Azerbaijani people. We are defending our national interests with honor and successfully. I can say that today the influence of Azerbaijan on regional processes increases. Azerbaijan frequently becomes the initiator of international projects," said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev addressing at nationwide festivities on occasion of Novruz holiday of Azerbaijani people
According to the President, the main problem of the country's foreign policy is the unresolved Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: "For many years, international law, justice is being violated. Nagorno-Karabakh is part of Azerbaijan, our historical, eternal land. Azerbaijani people have lived and worked on this land. All place names in Nagorno-Karabakh reflect the culture and history of the Azerbaijani people. Not only Nagorno -Karabakh but also a significant part of present-day Armenia - is ancient Azerbaijani land "- President Aliyev said.
The Head of State noted that historical justice and international law are violated: "The whole world community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan's territorial integrity will play a main role in addressing this issue. This conflict must find a solution on the basis of norms and principles of international law in the framework of the territorial integrity of the countries. Territorial integrity of the countries can not be changed without their consent. These are basic principles of international law; these principles form the basis of the Helsinki Final Act. I am sure that this conflict will find a solution based on international law. Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty. We, Azerbaijanis will return to Nagorno-Karabakh, other occupied lands and all the historical Azerbaijani lands. I have no doubt about it, and we have to be even stronger to achieve this. "
In recent years we are paying great attention to build the army. Our military budget is twice more than the entire state budget of Armenia. Military budget, readiness will play a main role in the settlement of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. "
"We have clear ideological foundations. I have already stated my thoughts about it. However, Armenia is a fascist state. Their national ideology is fascism, discrimination, nationalism. Victim of this ideology is precisely the Armenian people; they are devoid of independent development. It is very difficult to use the expression of “independent state” since they have no independent policy, no independent economy. I do not believe that the Armenian people may agree with the current situation, as every nation, every state wants to be independent. Today, to say it about Armenia is impossible, since Armenia shows itself in the best case as an outpost. "- said the Head of State.
"I am absolutely convinced that the growing power of Azerbaijan, our potential and forethought foreign policy will allow us to restore our territorial integrity. No other way. The course of history, our demographic development, economic potential allow us to say that the day when the national flag of Azerbaijan will flutter in Shusha, Khankendi is not far away. We need to become even stronger to do this. In the international arena, there are double standards. We are also victims of double standards. In the settlement of international relations the power factor is coming to the foreground. We must become and are becoming even stronger, "- said President Ilham Aliyev.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Shamkir district for visit
- 20.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Gadabay district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Samukh district for visit
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Goygol
- 19.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Goygol district for visit
- 18.08.2017Former heads of state and government to attend Global Young Leaders Forum in Baku
- 11.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ramil Guliyev, World Athletics Champion
- 11.08.2017Car bomb blast in Somali capital kills 1
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president attends opening of new roads in former “Sovetski”
- 08.08.2017President signs order on application of law "On the rules of conduct of the members of the Milli Majlis"
- 03.08.2017President: ‘Self-employment program should be prevalent in Azerbaijan’
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Balakan district
- 31.07.2017Chingiz Ganizade awarded Shohrat Order
- 31.07.2017Interior Ministry issues statement about special operation conducted in Hajigabul
- 26.07.2017President Aliyev awards Ali Gojayev with order
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijan sets rules for foreign donors giving grants to public legal entities
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister to visit Hungary
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: We managed to protect Azerbaijan from possible risks
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani presidents attends groundbreaking ceremony of another building for journalists
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: All freedoms, including freedom of speech ensured in Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijan, EU hold next round of talks on new deal
- 18.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 12 illegal immigrants
- 14.07.2017Baku hosts event dedicated to first anniversary of July 15 coup attempt in Turkey
- 14.07.2017Elmira Suleymanova awarded “Sharaf” Order
- 13.07.2017Suleyman Ismayilov awarded “Shohrat” Order
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president warns public servants
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan to mark Shovkat Mammadova’s 120th jubilee
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan detains 39 trespassers in June
- 11.07.2017MP: Serious structural reforms expected in Azerbaijan
- 11.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek delegation
- 10.07.2017Vidadi Zeynalov reimburses another 2 million 25 thousand manat for damage caused to the state
- 08.07.20176,094 crimes recorded in Baku during 1H 2017
- 07.07.2017Foreign Ministry officials pay respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 06.07.2017“Behind the murder of baby Zahra stands the indifference of international community and their support to aggressor Armenia”
- 06.07.2017Ramiz Mehdiyev: Latest bloody crime in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli once again exposed terrorist essence of Armenia’s military-political regime
- 05.07.2017German MP: The civil population must not be made the main victim of violent confrontations.
- 04.07.2017How openDemocracy.net ignores alternative view point? – POSITION
- 04.07.2017US, Russian diplomats discuss upcoming Trump-Putin meeting - State Dept.
- 01.07.2017Group of Sovetsky residents sends letter to president about demolition of Haji Javad mosque
- 01.07.2017Azerbaijani president punishes official arbitrarily demolished Haji Javad mosque
- 20.03.2014Azerbaijan transferred 11 imprisoned Iranian nationals to Iran - UPDATED
- 25.03.2014Man killed in car-bomb explosion in Italy
- 27.03.2014Temperature to drop sharply in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2014Imran Jafarzadeh's parents send letter to Azerbaijani President
- 18.03.2014Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz
- 18.03.2014State to assume tuition fees of children of citizens who died, became disabled and went missing in military operations for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity